Windows 10: Windows Update writing to drives I did Not give Microsoft permission to write to!!!

Discus and support Windows Update writing to drives I did Not give Microsoft permission to write to!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just noticed something Really Odd. I have a folder on my D drive called " Windows10Upgrade" It has a file called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ElectricRider, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Windows Update writing to drives I did Not give Microsoft permission to write to!!!

I just noticed something Really Odd. I have a folder on my D drive called " Windows10Upgrade" It has a file called "18363.418.191007-0143.19h2_release_svc_refresh_CLIENTCONSUMER_RET_x64FRE_en-us.esd_" When I look this up it seems that this is some leftover file from an upgrade attempt - The Problem is it's on D drive which is a separate physical hard drive I use for storage. I never gave Microsoft Permission to write ANYTHING to that hard drive. Why is is doing that can can I remove it, and Lock off this drive so Microsoft doesn't violate me in the future? I feel like I was Raped!

:)

ElectricRider, Feb 14, 2020

2. Write permission

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If you don’t have permission for any folder follow the below steps to give permissions:

Let’s give permission to the folder and check if that helps. Follow these steps to give permissions to the drive.

• Right-click on the folder which you’re unable to access and select Properties.
    • Click on ‘Security’ tab and under ‘Group or user names’ click on ‘Edit’.
    • Click on ‘Add’ and type ‘everyone’.
    • Click on ‘Check names’ and then click ‘OK’.
    • Select ‘everyone’ and under ‘Allow’ select
      ‘Full control’
      and click on ‘Apply’ and Click ‘Ok’.
    Hope this information help and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Mohammed Yaseer, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Windows Update writing to drives I did Not give Microsoft permission to write to!!!

write permission

how can I restore my write permission?

J. K.Malyon, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update writing to drives I did Not give Microsoft permission to write to!!!

1. Windows Update writing to drives I did Not give Microsoft permission to write to!!! - Similar Threads - Update writing drives

2. Drive Write Protected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive Write Protected: Background:Wanted to install a new SSD as my C drive, wouldn't copy correctly, had to do a new install of Windows.D drive Samsung SSD had all my Data - Pictures, Documents, etc. Cloned my D drive to an NVMe on a USB adapter, removed the SSD, installed the NVMe on a PCIE...
  3. Write permission in System32 folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Write permission in System32 folder: I am not able to write to System32 folder, I right click "System32" folder and choose the security tab then choose my session user name and there it is not possible to allow "full control" or "modify" permission, the "allow" and "denied" columns are dimmed so impossible to...
  4. read and write permission problem

read and write permission problem: hi all i created a share folder in windows server 2019 for windows 7 and windows 10 client, and assign READ and WRITEcopy and paste, not allow modify and delete permission to this share folder in windows 7 clients, i can save any file to this folder, everything is fine....
  5. No write permission on external harddrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No write permission on external harddrive: I just got a new external hard drive and built a new pc both for video and photo editing. today I went to export a photo out of photoshop and overwrite an old version of it when I was promted that I didn't have write permission for that folder. I read online I may need to...
  6. Will not write to USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will not write to USB drive: My Windows 10 OS has decided it does not like USB flash drives any more. It knows one is plugged in, there is a bleep when it's plugged in, File Manager shows it as "USB Drive H:", Device Manager shows it as a mass storage device and it is present as a hidden icon on the...
  7. Don't have write permission

Don't have write permission: Hello. My operating system is Windows 10 Home. It's default operating system when I bought my laptop from official store. First of all, I don't know is it my real problem or not , but most probably it is write permission, I guess. So I want to describe my problem precisely....
  8. Don't have write permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Don't have write permission: Hello. My operating system is Windows 10 Home. It's default operating system when I bought my laptop from official store. First of all, I don't know is it my real problem or not , but most probably it is write permission, I guess. So I want to describe my problem precisely....
  9. write to flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    write to flash drive: after recent updates, I can't copy any type of file to any flash drive and there no any error message , I checked to see if I can copy to my phone and it worked but it didn't on flash...
  10. Drive created using subst - write permission problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Drive created using subst - write permission problem: Hello. I had Windows 8.1 installed and some months ago I associated drive letter (Q*Smile with C:\Users\Michal\Desktop\Q_Drive. I have my photos collection on that drive and I use it with Adobe Lightroom. Everything worked fine with 8.1, but after upgrade to Windows 10...