Windows 10: Windows Update (yet another thread thx to MS)

Discus and support Windows Update (yet another thread thx to MS) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Community, wanted to open a new thread to post a recent issue with Update and see if there are others having the same issue. Microsoft locked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WonderingAimlessly, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Windows Update (yet another thread thx to MS)

Hello Community, wanted to open a new thread to post a recent issue with Update and see if there are others having the same issue. Microsoft locked all the other threads on this topic that I had been subscribed to, hence the reason for opening a new.

Windows Update.....oh joy.

I have been unsuccessful in finding a hack to turn of Update due to the time it has taken in investigating the issue. My machine randomly updates and forcing me to lose data. Yes, you read that correctly, losing data.

Windows use to be a operating system where I could walk away and know when I came back I could resume right where I left off. I can not tell you the last time that was my take on the Microsoft Window OS.

So the specific issue now....

The last 2 weeks, Windows Update has been having an issue installing the updates. So, instead of me taking time from my busy day (my time is serious money) I have been putting off investigating yet another Windows issue. Well, every other day, my machine random reboots. Today, I had to stop working to clear snow and simply used Ctrl+Alt+Del to lock it. It remained plugged into the wall with constant power and Internet. When I got back, my PC had restarted itself. I had Notepad open with multiple to-do's of which I needed to take action on before finally ending my work for the evening. Guess what I lost? Thanks Microsoft, yet again (sarcasm). Also, as usual, I had multiple spreadsheets and Word docs plus other type of files open as I am busy, busy, busy. All files were reopened in AutoRecovery mode. [Great, not.] A couple files over the last couple weeks became corrupt when this happened and I had to go back to prior versions, again, losing data.

Any similar situations out there? Any ideas how to get Update out of the way of progress.

Not buying a Windows based PC ever again. When I get my money's use out of these current few, I will replace with a Chromebook or, heaven help me, a Mac. But 'til then I know now that I need to save every single file, every single time I create or edit one. And I have to close out my files before walking away because Microsoft is in control of my data and my PC.

:)

WonderingAimlessly, Feb 20, 2019
  2. trt740 Win User

Which should I buy or is it a waste of money

k thx ket if you have a cpu stepping guide list it on my thread in overclocking

trt740, Feb 20, 2019
  3. s1rrah Win User
    ScienceMark thread (with score list)

BTW ... the scores ranking is placed in this thread via periodic new posts. sort of different than other bench threads, where the scores are usually the very first post in the thread and updates are simply always made to that first post.

as stated above, PT is the owner of the thread and he updates at minimum, once a day if not more.

you can step back through this thread to see the last scores listing ... a day or two ago.

s1rrah, Feb 20, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Windows Update (yet another thread thx to MS)

Windows 10 update being enabled.

srlsly? Looks like MS nerfed it then. Hope you get it sorted.

I have to confess that I've not paid much attention to it and didn't bother updating it, although I probably should have.

qubit, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update (yet another thread thx to MS)

1. Windows Update (yet another thread thx to MS) - Similar Threads - Update yet another

2. Yet Another Issue with KB4601319 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Yet Another Issue with KB4601319 update: Yesterday, my brand new PC downloaded and installed the Windows Cumulative Update 20H2. Ever since then, it asks to be restarted to install the update and no matter how many times I restart, it continues with that nonsense. According to Windows properties, my current...
  3. Yet another BSOD...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Yet another BSOD...: I was just watching youtube and the audio just froze and I got a ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY BSOD. This happens often and I have no idea why. here's the latest minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ajhgd4r9gQdOgdt3-nM5baIsv4-muw?e=Ji3ERe please help i keep getting BSODs...
  4. Another crash thread

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Another crash thread: Okay, so, the main problem is, while I'm playing, for example, The Witcher 3, I sometimes get a black screen in the middle of gaming. Monitor goes to power saving mode and I can hear the buzzing noise coming from my speakers sometimes, or the audio just continues to play but...
  5. Yet Another BSOD Boot Loop Thread...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Yet Another BSOD Boot Loop Thread...: Hey all. Wondering next step recommendations from a bunch of bsod errors... I apologise in advance if I'm posting incorrectly, with too little info, or in the wrong place. This is my first post, yay. So, I'm getting: system thread exception not handled (sometimes shows...
  6. Yet another question for MS LifeCAM HD-3000 April 2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yet another question for MS LifeCAM HD-3000 April 2020: Hello, I have a LifeCAM HD-3000 and it is working on Windows 10 PC without any problem. PC = HP All-in-one 23-R115a... which has a poor quality webcam built-in, so I've disabled it However, I noticed after installing Cyberlink PhotoDirector 18 as a trial, I am able to...
  7. Yet another case of a windows update bricking a laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Yet another case of a windows update bricking a laptop: Hi, Basically, I updated windows 10 on Friday night, the laptop restarted automatically to install, and then got stuck in a constant loop trying to boot up with the words ‘attempting to recover installation’ and ‘undoing changes made to your computer’ appearing on the...
  8. HOW do you view the actual threads on this yet another confusing Microsoft website?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW do you view the actual threads on this yet another confusing Microsoft website?: HOW do you view the actual threads on this yet another confusing Microsoft website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-view-the-actual-threads-on-this-yet/35f648e2-52b1-40fd-8efe-fab0aca27636
  9. yet another 0xc000007b thread

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yet another 0xc000007b thread: I've done pretty much everything. I've looked at other threads, I've restarted, I've updated my drivers, I added some dll files. I reinstalled the game that causes the problems. I was looking to see if anyone had any tips on how to get rid of this. I have: Recently switched...
  10. Yet another W10 network credentials junk thread.. but plain talk !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yet another W10 network credentials junk thread.. but plain talk !: I have got W10 now including two W10 and 2 W7s on my home network... Different users and passwords on each one and all have a shared folder. Yes I set the network config for 'don't ask for passwords'... BUT of course I am asked for credentials when trying to access the other...