Windows 10: Windows update

Discus and support Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when shutting down my computer and it tells me I have updates waiting, I update and shut down my computer. when I restart it again it UNDOES the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MelPatey, Apr 15, 2019.

1. MelPatey Win User

Windows update

when shutting down my computer and it tells me I have updates waiting, I update and shut down my computer. when I restart it again it UNDOES the

updates. It takes quite a long time to undo the updates. It wasn't always like that. I always got the updates. any ideas as to what I could to fix the problem?

:)

MelPatey, Apr 15, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 15, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Windows update

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows update

1. Windows update - Similar Threads - update

2. New KB4512937 Servicing Stack Update for Windows 10 v1809 - July 22

in Windows 10 News
    New KB4512937 Servicing Stack Update for Windows 10 v1809 - July 22: Servicing stack update for Windows 10, Version 1809: July 22, 2019 Applies to: Windows 10 version 1809 Summary This update makes quality improvements to the servicing stack, which is the component that installs Windows updates. Key changes include: Addresses an issue in...
  3. Cumulative Update KB4505658 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.652 - July 22

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4505658 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.652 - July 22: July 22, 2019 - KB4505658 (OS Build 17763.652) Applies to: Windows 10 version 1809, Windows Server version 1809, Windows Server 2019 all versions Note Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the release information dashboard. Starting with update...
  4. Did the newest windows 10 update and have nothing but problems. Loved it before. Can I go back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Did the newest windows 10 update and have nothing but problems. Loved it before. Can I go back?: How do I go back to my Windows 10 before the latest update? I thought it would be a good thing to have it updated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-the-newest-windows-10-update-and-have-nothing/84a752c0-5f37-469d-b0a0-54f0b1fab197
  5. Windows 10 update keeps deleting wifi

Windows 10 update keeps deleting wifi: I have now taken it twice for tech support since last Tuesday. They fixed it, Windows10 did an update and it was gone again. I am not all that tech savvy, but would like to know how to make this stop happening. This is beyond ridiculous. Thanks...
  6. Recent Windows update

Recent Windows update: Hello. Why, for the love of god, did you have to put a COMPLETELY USELESS searchbar on the desktop??? It looks garish to the eye because - News Flash - white stands out pretty badly against an otherwise light black toolbar. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW **** ANNOYING IT BECOMES...
  7. synaptics fingerprint not working properly after windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    synaptics fingerprint not working properly after windows 10 1903 update: Ever Since I have upgraded my windows 10 to 1903 on june-17th-2019, the synaptics wbdi is not at all working properly (for Windows Hello) when I open Device manager>Biometric Devices>Synaptics WBDI>properties: "this device cannot start. (code 10)" Although its working...
  8. Can't restore console using tscon after Feature Update 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't restore console using tscon after Feature Update 1903: I don't like to have to log back in to my host PC after remote desktop connecting to it so have always used the command "tscon %SessionName% /dest: console" to exit the RD session. This no longer works after installing Feature Update 1903. It fails with: Could not...
  9. TouchPad now scrolls left and right for up and down after update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TouchPad now scrolls left and right for up and down after update?: I updated recently and now on the start menu I am unable to scroll using two fingers like before. Now I figured out that my touchpad will only scroll using two fingers left and right for up and down. How to I fix this? It is really slow and the only way to do it like before...
  10. Xbox One Preview Alpha Skip Ahead 1910 Update 190718-1955 - July 22

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox One Preview Alpha Skip Ahead 1910 Update 190718-1955 - July 22: [ATTACH] Starting at 2:00 p.m. PST today, members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Ring will begin receiving the latest 1910 Xbox One system update (Build: 19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_19H2HOLD_1910\18363.7036.190718-1955). DETAILS: OS version released:...