Windows 10: windows update

Discus and support windows update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't operate my protools recording program after the latest windows update. I have reinstalled it and it opens but I can't click on objects to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by solstice_7, Oct 18, 2019.

1. windows update

I can't operate my protools recording program after the latest windows update. I have reinstalled it and it opens but I can't click on objects to activate them, Help please.

:)

solstice_7, Oct 18, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 18, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 18, 2019
  4. windows update

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

windows update

1. windows update - Similar Threads - update

2. Windows January update broke different programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows January update broke different programs: I don't know if this is the right place to post this, if it isn't then forgive me I'll be brief: yesterday, before turning off my pc, windows notified me of an uodate. I allowed it to install while shutting the pc off. Today I noticed that some programs take ages to open or...
  3. Whea_uncorrectable_error only when trying to update via Win10 Update Assistant system board...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Whea_uncorrectable_error only when trying to update via Win10 Update Assistant system board...: I have a Lenovo T480s that is currently on 1903. I tried to use Windows Update Assistant to update it to 1909 but I keep getting a whea_uncorrectable_error after the update seems to go through the installation process and restart. On that restart, it happens and then I am...
  4. Update to 1909 has disappeared from update list

Update to 1909 has disappeared from update list: I'm in the process of updating computers in my departments. Wednesday 1/15 I was able to run the windows update on a few computers and get the 1909 update. Since Thursday 1/16, 1909 is not even showing up as an option....
  5. Windows 10 stuck on loop after update

Windows 10 stuck on loop after update: Last night my PC installed an update to windows 10. I haven't been able to access my PC since. It's just continually starting, going to the windows logo, then rebooting, over and over again. It's been doing this for the last 5 hours. What's going on? I can't work....
  6. Windows update change permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows update change permissions: I have 2 computer attached to a home network. One for my financial and personal information and one for the kids. I have permissions set so the kids computer can not look or change what is on my computer. It seems with every update, the permissions go away and when I...
  7. Working on Updates stuck at 29% complete

Working on Updates stuck at 29% complete: My laptop has been doing the latest Windows update for over a couple of hours now. How long should this take? I've been stuck at 29% complete for pretty much the entire time. I would have expected some progress and I don't want to shut it down as it specifically says Don't...
  8. Error downloading update 0x8e5e03fe

Error downloading update 0x8e5e03fe: Consistently get this message and obviously want to download the update successfully. Any help please how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-downloading-update-0x8e5e03fe/9f536875-5719-4b41-aa7c-32b3cbc54376
  9. Stuck Store,Apps & Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck Store,Apps & Updates: Hello how are you?! I am trying to update my system... i am trying to download via microsoft store.... i am trying to use my apps like photos,calendar etc and nothing.... there is a TWINUI.... also there is not at all the calculator app... Please do not re-send me at...
  10. Windows Updates problems

Windows Updates problems: Hi I am so frustrated with Windows 10 Updates that consistently fail to install some updates as many other users have experienced in recent weeks. I attach two screen shots showing the latest attempts today and cannot understand why it is telling me I am missing...