Windows 10: windows update

Discus and support windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, 2020-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4528760 - Error 0x80070005 this is the message i receive when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MMFH, Jan 19, 2020.

1. MMFH Win User

windows update

Hello,

2020-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4528760 - Error 0x80070005

this is the message i receive when i try to update my windows, can you help?

thanks.

:)

2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 19, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 19, 2020
  4. windows update

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

windows update

1. windows update - Similar Threads - update

2. 2020-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4532693 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2020-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4532693 update: My PC always has updates as pending download so I often go and manually update. I have manually downloaded and installed the update and yet when I go to the Windows Update on my PC it still shows as pending download. How can I clear this pending download as it will just sit...
  3. Hesitant to install Feature Update To Windows 10 Version 1909

Hesitant to install Feature Update To Windows 10 Version 1909: I'm hesitant installing Feature Update To Windows 10 Version 1909 on my ASUS Laptop after one of my HP 110-090 desktop PCs crashed after the update. I can't have my ASUS PC crash too but I can't fight off the "auto install" demon for my Windows 10 Home version! ANy ideas on...
  4. Windows Update KB4532693 and KB4537759 Fail on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update KB4532693 and KB4537759 Fail on Windows 10 Pro: Windows Update KB4532693 and KB4537759 Fail with error code 0x800f0845 on Windows 10 Pro, I've tried all the usual troubleshooting steps. On reboot the laptop immediately goes into automatic repair and rolls back the update. Everything works fine until Windows Update checks...
  5. KB4534293 update failed with error code 800f0922

KB4534293 update failed with error code 800f0922: I tried to update security patches KB4534293 several times but always got same error code 800f0922. When complete reached 100% then displayed can't complete and now doing unchanged.... I tried execute 'dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth' and 'sfc /scannow' but it...
  6. Microsoft update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft update: Microsoft has updated and now I cannot download a pdf from onedrive to Apache Office as I could. can anyone help? It appears that my pdf files have all been converted to photos...
  7. Issues with update 1909

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issues with update 1909: I am using an Asus vivo book processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4000 CPU @110GHZ, Ram 4.00 GB (3.83 GB usable) 64 bit operating system, X64-based processor. Storage..this PC (C:) 58.2 GB, 48.9 GB used 9.29 GB free. Version 1909 Download took 6 hours then got a popup saying...
  8. Sound not playing after Windows 10 Update. Error: 0xc00d36fa

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not playing after Windows 10 Update. Error: 0xc00d36fa: Around June of last year, the sound on my laptop stopped working after a Windows Update. This had happened a total of three times prior to this, but I had managed to fix the problem the previous times. However, I have tried almost everything to recover my sound this time and...
  9. windows 10 cannot configure all components when it try to update, hours spent in applying...

windows 10 cannot configure all components when it try to update, hours spent in applying...: How do I find out which components windows can not configure, updates go on then all have to come back off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cannot-configure-all-components-when-it/936873de-2343-4f69-b5cd-f56e78ba3ef4
  10. disable windows update

disable windows update: new to community and found discussion on disable windows update but thread is dead. anyways in March 2019 my windows 7 gave out and had saved to disc a windows 10 home back in january 2016. so installed windows 10 and re-installed windows 10 four times till I could completely...