Windows 10: Windows Update

Discus and support Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good day, Can someome please help me. I just updated my laptop and when I sign in, it does not accept my password. I did a system restart point, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lukemommen, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Windows Update

Good day,

Can someome please help me. I just updated my laptop and when I sign in, it does not accept my password. I did a system restart point, but it keeps updating and I cannot sign in

:)

lukemommen, Oct 20, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 20, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Windows Update

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update

1. Windows Update - Similar Threads - Update

2. Windows update that deleted or hid the games on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update that deleted or hid the games on my desktop: Windows did an update today and the games I had on my desktop are now gone and I can't find them. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-that-deleted-or-hid-the-games-on-my/d7251465-5b73-4096-9fbf-aacbe8567523
  3. Background update? System hogging 20-50% of system resources.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background update? System hogging 20-50% of system resources.: My PC is being absolutely destroyed right now, unusable for the past 30 minutes, was fine this morning. i7-7700 HQ, GTX 1060 HQ (forgive my inferior laptop self) Any ideas? submitted by /u/Tankerspam [link] [comments]...
  4. Windows 10 1904, there are two updates/upgrades that can't go through, what's wrong ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1904, there are two updates/upgrades that can't go through, what's wrong ?: Hi, I am in a position where two updates/upgrades can't succeed. I am running Windows 10 2004 19041.572. I have this in the historic: November 10, 2020—KB4586781 OS Builds 19041.630 and 19042.630 Installation failed on 2020-11-24 - 0x80070026 Update to Windows 10,...
  5. Package Failed updates, dependency or conflict validations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Package Failed updates, dependency or conflict validations: hello i have the same proplem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/package-failed-updates-dependency-or-conflict/ab05b98c-cfae-4da2-86e1-3ac8fd07d5c4 i followed the topic and do all in the that topic but my proplem not...
  6. Multiple updates for KB4586781

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple updates for KB4586781: This update was first installed, successfully on 10/11/2020 but it was downloaded again yesterday 23/11/2020 and again this morning I installed it but it did not request a restart on either occasion although it stated in event viewer that it did and I performed a restart and...
  7. Update stuck on 30%

Update stuck on 30%: Hi. My computer started updating a few hours ago, and it was going well, it restarted itself multiple times as it said it will, but when it reached 30% it stopped. It's not frozen since the loading animation is working, but it's been on 30% for hours now. It's done that...
  8. Urlmon.dll error, file explorer blank, updates won't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Urlmon.dll error, file explorer blank, updates won't work: So I was playing Minecraft, and I tried to open the shaders folder. The file explorer didn't open at all, but explorer.exe would crash for a split second and go back to normal. I restarted my computer, and immediately received the "urlmon.dll is eithernot designed to run on...
  9. Windows 10 now lets you update drivers for more devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 now lets you update drivers for more devices: In August, Microsoft enabled a new Windows 7-like ‘Optional updates’ option within the Windows Updates panel on Windows 10. Microsoft previously handled the optional updates via Device Manager, but the company has disabled the automatic updates feature in Device Manager and...
  10. Problems after update to 20H2

Problems after update to 20H2: Hi all! Ever since I updated my Windows 10 to 20H2 version, I experience two problems that bug me quite a lot: every time the computer is restarted or turned on, I need to sign in to Skype every time after turning the computer on, all my network drives ask to put in...