Windows 10: Windows Update

Discus and support Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Dell Inspon 11 3000 sired is takeing forever to update to Win 10 20H2. After 5 and a half hours, it's on 20%. Help me speed it up. Posted on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ultimate USA Ball, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Windows Update

My Dell Inspon 11 3000 sired is takeing forever to update to Win 10 20H2. After 5 and a half hours, it's on 20%. Help me speed it up.

Posted on Android

:)

Ultimate USA Ball, Jan 23, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 23, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Windows Update

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update

1. Windows Update - Similar Threads - Update

2. Windows 11's Moment Update 5 is finally here: how to download

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11's Moment Update 5 is finally here: how to download: Microsoft released the fifth Moment Update for Windows 11 in February 2024. This release did not reach many user systems, as Microsoft limited its availability artificially. While Microsoft did state that the update was available to "seekers", users who check for updates...
  3. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004: I have been stuck on windows 1909 for 4 years. Every time I click to check for updates it just says You're not up to date and doesn't have an error code or anything...
  4. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004: I have been stuck on windows 1909 for 4 years. Every time I click to check for updates it just says You're not up to date and doesn't have an error code or anything...
  5. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  7. When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.: Like the title says when I try installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-installing-windows-update-i-keep-getting-the/74aa4b87-08b1-4890-afb2-6108158cb5f2
  8. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  9. When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.

When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.: Like the title says when I try installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-installing-windows-update-i-keep-getting-the/74aa4b87-08b1-4890-afb2-6108158cb5f2
  10. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade