Windows 10: windows update

Discus and support windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cant install windows update. its the lates security update. when i try to install it, it shows error 0x80070643. then after some time when i opened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Samuel Joel, May 6, 2021.

1. windows update

I cant install windows update. its the lates security update. when i try to install it, it shows error 0x80070643. then after some time when i opened to retry it, it showed that the You are up to date. when i checked the intalled updates it shows that i have Security Intelligence update for windows defender antivirus- KB2267602 Version 1.337.639.0. so now what i want to ask is that wheather the latest update was installed or not

:)

Samuel Joel, May 6, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 6, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 6, 2021
  4. windows update

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 6, 2021
Thema:

windows update

1. windows update - Similar Threads - update

2. During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***+94769965959 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/during-the-update-may-i-turn-of-the-computer-by/aac28bd7-03c1-4699-b005-731f9392a538
  3. During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***+94769965959 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/during-the-update-may-i-turn-of-the-computer-by/aac28bd7-03c1-4699-b005-731f9392a538
  4. WIndows Update Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows Update Bug: I've just realized that my windows didn't update for a while now, so I checked it and this is what I found. Did anyone else have this issue before and how to fix itNote : Yes, I paused the auto update before and No, I still can't resume it...
  5. WIndows Update Bug

WIndows Update Bug: I've just realized that my windows didn't update for a while now, so I checked it and this is what I found. Did anyone else have this issue before and how to fix itNote : Yes, I paused the auto update before and No, I still can't resume it...
  6. sound driver non existent after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound driver non existent after windows 11 update: hi there, my machine was recently updated to windows 11. the sound was working prior to the update, however, after the update, i noticed there is no driver whatsoever, even after the multiple installations of other drivers. i've downloaded the hp support assistant to identify...
  7. sound driver non existent after windows 11 update

sound driver non existent after windows 11 update: hi there, my machine was recently updated to windows 11. the sound was working prior to the update, however, after the update, i noticed there is no driver whatsoever, even after the multiple installations of other drivers. i've downloaded the hp support assistant to identify...
  8. How can I update with my new email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I update with my new email?: I no longer have access to the email that is associated with my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-update-with-my-new-email/611deca4-0acb-4cd9-a1c8-594c4456f705
  9. My computer apps aren’t opening after an update on divers and nothing can open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer apps aren’t opening after an update on divers and nothing can open: I updated my divers on my computer and now I can’t open any apps not even the default ones such as setting and such I’m unsure of what to do any help would be nice...
  10. How can I update with my new email?

How can I update with my new email?: I no longer have access to the email that is associated with my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-update-with-my-new-email/611deca4-0acb-4cd9-a1c8-594c4456f705