Windows 10: Windows updated and now its asking how I want my keyboard set up

Discus and support Windows updated and now its asking how I want my keyboard set up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Windows did an automatic update upon shutting down and now when I turn on my computer it is asking which keyboard layout I want. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ashleygilmore1, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Windows updated and now its asking how I want my keyboard set up

Hello,

Windows did an automatic update upon shutting down and now when I turn on my computer it is asking which keyboard layout I want. After clicking US it takes me to the troubleshoot or advanced options. I've tried to uninstall update but ran into a error when doing so. How can I get my computer up and running or at least get my files off?

:)

ashleygilmore1, Oct 25, 2020

2. Touch Keyboard Settings missing

Hi Graham,

• Have you installed all the pending Windows updates? If not I suggest you to check.

Also I suggest you to check whether the devices are governed or configured through group policy as you mentioned multiple devices used in a domain environment such as hospitals.

I suggest you to check whether the Onscreen Keyboard is working or not. Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + U and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access
      list. Or click on Ease of Access at bottom right and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    • Then use you cursor to type the password with On-Screen Keyboard.
    • Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 25, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Windows updated and now its asking how I want my keyboard set up

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows updated and now its asking how I want my keyboard set up

1. Windows updated and now its asking how I want my keyboard set up - Similar Threads - updated asking keyboard

2. i want the ask now ask an adult there are no children on this getting on my nerves

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    i want the ask now ask an adult there are no children on this getting on my nerves: i want ask now removed and everything i do does not work apart fromburning my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-the-ask-now-ask-an-adult-there-are-no/2dd1bd6e-013c-4a9f-aa6f-d73d8dce74d3
  3. i want the ask now ask an adult there are no children on this getting on my nerves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want the ask now ask an adult there are no children on this getting on my nerves: i want ask now removed and everything i do does not work apart fromburning my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-the-ask-now-ask-an-adult-there-are-no/2dd1bd6e-013c-4a9f-aa6f-d73d8dce74d3
  4. i want the ask now ask an adult there are no children on this getting on my nerves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I want to change keyboard setting.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change keyboard setting.: I bought below keyboard. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/microsoft-bluetooth-keyboard/919v6qb80zg3?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0&source=lp&activetab=pivot:overviewtabBut F1-F12 is need by with Fn key.I want to change type only F1-F12 key. Please teach me how to resolve....
  6. why is mediacreator asking if I want to update my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why is mediacreator asking if I want to update my computer?: I have Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 AFAICT that is the newest as of 1/15/2021 all driver, quality, definition and feature as well as "other" are installed. I downloaded mediacreator2 and it is asking if I want to update my computer or create an install for another...
  7. Asking how to change my Windows Updates settings

Asking how to change my Windows Updates settings: Hi. Recently, I had to purchase & start using a new laptop computer sometime in October 2020. On my new laptop computer, I receive Windows updates anytime during the day & when I choose to install them, I then need to restart my computer. I’m aware that I can schedule a time...
  8. How do I set up my keyboard to type accents?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set up my keyboard to type accents?: I had my keyboard set up to type accents by setting a setting, but now it is no longer set up like that. How do I set my keyboard to be able to type accents?...
  9. I want to get windows 10 now can I set it up now

I want to get windows 10 now can I set it up now: I choose windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-get-windows-10-now-can-i-set-it-up-now/2c2158ed-a2bd-42b7-9f05-57c8282342dd
  10. i by mistake set up a password when cortana asked me but now i want to remove it how can i

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i by mistake set up a password when cortana asked me but now i want to remove it how can i: by mistake, I set A PASSWORD when Cortana asked me(Cortana is in window 10 which searches AND it also set reminders it tells news etc) now I want to remove the password...