Windows 10: Windows updated and reset all my personal setting on my computer

Discus and support Windows updated and reset all my personal setting on my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; on 8/19 my windows computer updated on it's own and when i opened my computer it was factory reset, didn't have any of my files, didn't save any of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Breberg, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Breberg Win User

Windows updated and reset all my personal setting on my computer

on 8/19 my windows computer updated on it's own and when i opened my computer it was factory reset, didn't have any of my files, didn't save any of my personal preferences, said my windows account was "corrupted", and now factory resets like that every time that the computer shuts down or updates again. I have had this computer for 2 years and this has never happened and now I can't get it to go back to normal, what is going on?!?

:)

Breberg, Sep 11, 2019

2. Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Sep 11, 2019
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows updated and reset all my personal setting on my computer - Similar Threads - updated reset personal

2. Windows 10 Update Reset my Personal User Computer Settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update Reset my Personal User Computer Settings.: I have updated windows 10 pro OS build 19041.450 Win. Feature Exp. Pack 120.2212.31.0 It was updated on 14th of Aug 2020 4:30 pm India time. After that I updated and shutdown PC and log-in directly on Monday. What I see is all my setting is gone. what should I do...
  3. Windows reseted all my settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows reseted all my settings: So today, after a long day work on my computer, I signed out of my pc and left it. 5 minutes later when I signed in back again, a strange message that I have never seen before popped up saying 'Preparing Windows'. Surprised to see this, I waited. After 15 minutes my PC signed...
  4. Last Windows 10 update erased all my personal settings...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Last Windows 10 update erased all my personal settings...: including desktop, start menu, and display/power settings, as well as web browser Edge favs and passwords, and more. I am finding it difficult just to grasp the magnitude of the issue. All of my 3rd-party apps seem to have had their history and settings wiped e.g.: XnView,...
  5. WINDOWS UPDATES RESETTING MY PERSONAL DESKTOP SETTINGS

WINDOWS UPDATES RESETTING MY PERSONAL DESKTOP SETTINGS: Each time I receive an MS update for MS Edge my computer is reset and I am taken back to the "Microsoft Edge Welcome Page"? I have to continuously rebuild my personal desktop settings and must also re-authorize some of my software applications. I may receive updates 2 or 3...
  6. Windows 10 updated and reset all of my settings and preferences.

Windows 10 updated and reset all of my settings and preferences.: I downloaded newest Windows 10 update today. After my PC restarted, all of my settings were back to default and I lost my favorites in Microsoft Edge. How do I restore this, and why did this happen in the first place??...
  7. Windows update reset all my settings!?

Windows update reset all my settings!?: Hi, I updated my Windows to the lastest build. Now Edge is my default browser, I have lost all my extensions and opened pages on other browsers I use routinely. My Calibre ebook manager has been wiped out, dropbox has been removed, and all my downloads have been erased....
  8. After wipe and factory reset of Windows 10 my personal settings all returned...

After wipe and factory reset of Windows 10 my personal settings all returned...: I did a complete wipe of my Windows 10 laptop. Everything was gone. I needed a clean slate. Five days later my personal settings reverted back to the previous personal settings just before the reset. Even the picture that came back was completely erased from the device, yet...
  9. Windows 10 Update factory reset my computer settings

Windows 10 Update factory reset my computer settings: I received my laptop from Acer in which they fixed a boot loop issue with my laptop. I logged it in and was happy to see all of my settings and everything were all in tact. I used my laptop for about a day or 2 and I got a notification about a windows update. I did the update...
  10. Windows 10 updates undoes all my computer settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 updates undoes all my computer settings: AN NONSENSE: every time Windows 10 updates do itself, it undoes all the computer settings such as desktop, taskbar, color, resolution, start, everything, etc, an MS nonsense. It returns settings to original/standar way, deleting all befores configs. The update code is...