Windows 10: Windows updated but won’t login & password box has disappeared

Discus and support Windows updated but won’t login & password box has disappeared in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I updated windows 10 and when it boots up to the login screen the password box has dissapeared but there’s still a login button. The login button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AJWish1, Jan 7, 2021.

1. AJWish1 Win User

Windows updated but won’t login & password box has disappeared

So I updated windows 10 and when it boots up to the login screen the password box has dissapeared but there’s still a login button. The login button doesn’t work & so I tried doing a shift restart to pull up the recovery environment screen. From there I tried every recovery troubleshoot option to no avail. Safemode won’t boot up, uninstalling the most reverting to an older version won’t boot up, resetting the computer won’t boot, & holding the hotkey for the bios won’t boot up the bios either. I haven’t found threads for the specific issue im having, from what I’ve seen reverting to an older version or logging in via safemode would fix the password box login issue except that my pc doesn’t want to boot up when I select either option from the recovery environment screen.

:)

AJWish1, Jan 7, 2021

2. No password login box

Hi Helen,

There could be changes made with the settings on your computer that has disabled the option to have users to log in with a username and password. This should be enabled back to get again the login window.

If you're able to login to your system without using the password, please follow these steps to enable the login window during startup:

• Right-click the Windows key and select Run.
    • In the Run field, type in control userpasswords2 and hit
      Enter.
    • In the User Accounts dialog box, check the box for Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Restart your computer and see if you're prompted with the login window.

In case you can't login to your system, please boot your computer in Safe Mode. Check out the link,

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    and follow the steps in From the sign-in screen. Once you're in Safe Mode, follow the steps above to enable the password prompt. Once done, restart your computer to go back to normal mode.

Update us on how it goes so we can assist you further.

Regards.

"If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to mark it as answer

to help those who are facing the same problem."

Vanessa Yar, Jan 7, 2021
  3. tabuf Win User
    N97 Bluetooth disappeared, won´t start again

Today without any reason the Bluetooth disappeared, and it won´t start anymore from the connections menu. Any clue where to start looking. Software V20, and no new update available.

tabuf, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows updated but won’t login & password box has disappeared - Similar Threads - updated won’t login

2. No Password Box on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Password Box on Login Screen: I have a windows login and so does my daughter. She was logging on when she shouldn't so I went into the settings and blocked her from being about to log in. Best part is that now I can not remember er what I did to undo it. When on the sign in screen, no box comes up to...
  3. No Password Box on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Password Box on Login Screen: I have a windows login and so does my daughter. She was logging on when she shouldn't so I went into the settings and blocked her from being about to log in. Best part is that now I can not remember er what I did to undo it. When on the sign in screen, no box comes up to...
  4. Password box disappeared on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password box disappeared on Login Screen: My login box has disappeared on one of my computers. I have recreated the user account restarted the computer, and even ran Windows updates, but the issue is still present. I had an identical issue on one of my other computer, and the user account recreation worked, but in...
  5. Password box disappeared on Login Screen

Password box disappeared on Login Screen: My login box has disappeared on one of my computers. I have recreated the user account restarted the computer, and even ran Windows updates, but the issue is still present. I had an identical issue on one of my other computer, and the user account recreation worked, but in...
  6. Password box disappeared on Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. After updating, there is no password box to login

After updating, there is no password box to login: I had problems when I was trying to update my Windows to the latest version three times, it appeared undoing the changes, but finally it did not appear, I thought I had, but when Windows goes to the login screen to type my password, the box does not appear password on screen...
  8. After updating, there is no password box to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating, there is no password box to login: I had problems when I was trying to update my Windows to the latest version three times, it appeared undoing the changes, but finally it did not appear, I thought I had, but when Windows goes to the login screen to type my password, the box does not appear password on screen...
  9. After updating, there is no password box to login

10. After updating no password box to login

After updating no password box to login: Hello I am not happy to write to you But I will be grateful if you make me happy I experienced problems when I was trying to update my windows to latest version three times it appeared undoing changes, but finally it didn't appear I thought that I did it but when...