Windows 10: Windows Updated Just now (12/20/2018) and Now Network Won't Open

Discus and support Windows Updated Just now (12/20/2018) and Now Network Won't Open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had partial connectivity since yesterday, in that I could not see any other PCs on the network, but could access them by IP address directly. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M A Weiss, Dec 20, 2018.

1. M A Weiss Win User

Windows Updated Just now (12/20/2018) and Now Network Won't Open

I've had partial connectivity since yesterday, in that I could not see any other PCs on the network, but could access them by IP address directly. But things just got a lot worse:

I rebooted my computer, but noticed the only two options were "restart and update" and "shutdown and update".. so I proceeded. When Windows 10 came back up, no matter how much I click on the Network icon, it won't open! I've lost ALL local LAN connectivity. My shortcuts with IP address of other PCs that I need to share files with won't work either.

I've spent 80 hours troubleshooting various hardware and software issues on this new installation that I started Friday on a new machine, and there are scores of issues and things that are broken, but now that I've lost the means to transfer data between my old machine and my new machine, all migration efforts have stalled.

Losing functionality after a forced update? I want my Windows 7 back!! For ten years, I used that and it was 100% reliable and I could turn off updates and avoid spending time troubleshooting Windows in favor of getting actual WORK done.

If I could find drivers for the Asus Z390-A motherboard to install Windows 7, I would have avoided this nightmare. I may have to mothball this machine and place my 10 year old Core2Quad machine back in service and just pray that it runs another ten years.

:)

M A Weiss, Dec 20, 2018

2. after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Dec 20, 2018
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Windows Updated Just now (12/20/2018) and Now Network Won't Open

Latest update 07/20/2018

Hi Kevin,

Browsing capability in certain websites depends on the status of you Internet connection. For now, I need your help to perform the following to further isolate your concern with your network connection:

Step 1 – Test the connectivity between your computer and the website you’re trying to visit. For example:
    Ping www.microsoft.com server
    then tell us the result through a screenshot.

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run window.
    2. Type cmd, then press Enter.
    3. Type ping www.microsoft.com
      and press Enter.
      • If you receive 4 replies, it means that your connection with the site is working properly.
      • If you got a request time out, it means that your connection has issues.

Step 2 - Reboot the Network Device.

1. Switch off your switch or router, wait for 10-20 seconds and plug it back in.
    2. Wait for about 30 secs to reboot.
    3. After rebooting your router, proceed to the next step below.

Step 3 - Scan your PC for viruses and malwares by using Windows Defender.

1. Press Windows + S to open Search Box.
    2. Type Windows Defender, then click it.
    3. In Home tab, click Full then click Scan now.
    4. Wait for the process to finish. If there are any findings after the scan, send us the screenshot.

Step 4 – Check the status of your Internet connection. You can test it here:
    www.speedtest.net.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows Updated Just now (12/20/2018) and Now Network Won't Open

1. Windows Updated Just now (12/20/2018) and Now Network Won't Open - Similar Threads - Updated 2018 Network

2. Laptop disconnected while updating windows. Won't open now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop disconnected while updating windows. Won't open now.: I have a chrome book that was updating windows 11. It has run out of charge while updating overnight and now it is stuck on the "battery empty" picture even though I've been charging it for 2 hours and it won't open. What should I do?...
  3. Laptop disconnected while updating windows. Won't open now.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop disconnected while updating windows. Won't open now.: I have a chrome book that was updating windows 11. It has run out of charge while updating overnight and now it is stuck on the "battery empty" picture even though I've been charging it for 2 hours and it won't open. What should I do?...
  4. Just restarted to install an update and now Windows won't load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just restarted to install an update and now Windows won't load: When I restart now I see the motherboard boot and then it says "preparing automatic repair" then it brings me to a "Choose an Option" screen with the options being Continue, use a device, troubleshoot, or turn off. Continue restarts the computer and repeats the cycle. I don't...
  5. Issues with driver update and now app won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with driver update and now app won't open: Basically whenever Windows has an update and my computer hasn't installed it yet, I typically know because my Origin app and Sims 4 won't open. So then I know to update everything and I'm good to go. Well with the most recent update there was a driver I couldn't install. I...
  6. Problem to be updates on 12/12/2018

Problem to be updates on 12/12/2018: Hi There, Windows 10 running slow Internet after last update on 12/12/2018 goes to website but very slow at loading site YouTube and others !!!! [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 October 2018 Update NOW PULLED

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update NOW PULLED: Windows 10 October 2018 Update NOW PULLED 119248
  8. Windows 10 October 2018 Update is now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update is now available: Microsoft has just released Windows 10 October 2018 Update to the compatible devices. Windows 10 version 1809 is gradually rolling out and if you don’t want to wait any longer, here’s how you can get the new tidbits right now. As expected, Microsoft is rolling out the...
  9. Windows 10 October 2018 Update now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update now available: Grab more quiet time with the #Windows10 October 2018 Update. It’s available now and crafted to help you make the most of every moment. #MicrosoftEvent Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter 118968
  10. Windows 10 April 2018 update - Why am I just now getting it?

Windows 10 April 2018 update - Why am I just now getting it?: The updates have been downloaded, just waiting for a restart. But since it's called the April 2018 update, and it's the middle of July - Why am I just now getting this update? Thanks for any help. I couldn't find anything online about people getting it late....