Windows 10: Windows Updated My Computer, Now It's Full of Bugs

Discus and support Windows Updated My Computer, Now It's Full of Bugs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo ideapad 3.17 with Windows 10, version 2004, OS build 19041.1110 installed. Yesterday, Microsoft 'helped' me by automatically installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rayzen, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Rayzen Win User

Windows Updated My Computer, Now It's Full of Bugs

I have a Lenovo ideapad 3.17 with Windows 10, version 2004, OS build 19041.1110 installed. Yesterday, Microsoft 'helped' me by automatically installing an update. Now, my laptop is very buggy. Before the update, it was working great with no problems at all. Not being a computer-savvy person, I will have to describe how it is now behaving in less-than-technical terms, so I hope this will be understandable. The problem seems to have to do with the inability to select things and moving the cursor, as well as clicking on whatever I want to select, as well as having a cursor that just jump 1. The cursor will ''grab" things on the desktop on its own, and won't let go, until I hit 'Esc.' 2. I have to click twice, to select anything, even though my folder options and mouse settings are all set to one-click activation 3. When I just move the mouse, it will highlight everything in its path. 4. While typing, sometimes the words appear backwards. 5. When I try holding down the left mouse button and then highlighting something, nothing happens. I have tried setting the updates to stop installing any new updates until September, then went to 'System Restore,' but it won't let me restore the computer to a previous restore point. I also tried updating the mouse drivers but was told that I already have to most up-to-date drivers. Any suggestions would be so appreciated!

:)

Rayzen, Aug 14, 2021

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 14, 2021
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Aug 14, 2021
  4. csatennis Win User

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Updated My Computer, Now It's Full of Bugs - Similar Threads - Updated Computer Full

2. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  3. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  4. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. New update has my computer bugged

New update has my computer bugged: Ok so, there was an update recently, which showed the weather and stuff, but when i got this update, i launched my computer, getting ready to open my discord and play some video games, but my pc is just glitched. i was on my browser, and i was trying to go to my discord by...
  6. full screen bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    full screen bug: hi guys, basicaly, idk why, but whenever i press the left button on program that runs in full screen, it says like for 0,5 second that the program stop responding, and its ok because if i run it on compatibility mode and bordless stops, but there are some games that only give...
  7. Windows 10 Full of Bugs

Windows 10 Full of Bugs: I have a Gateway NE56R laptop which came with Windows 8.1 64 bits with every system device working their best. When I upgraded to Windows 10, majority of important device drivers like Sound, usb port, card reader slot and Touchpad ceased working. I have tried all Windows...
  8. Bug in my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bug in my computer: I noticed that words and letters are missing from my Windows Explorer, and it seems i can't rename them either. My window 10 is Original that came with my notebook. This never happened to me before, what can I do to fix it?[ATTACH]...
  9. New user on computer during update - hacked or bug in update? Cannot log into computer now.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New user on computer during update - hacked or bug in update? Cannot log into computer now.: So my son was resetting his computer using the update option from the Windows system menu. He updated drivers, and selected "update and shut down" but during the update portion of the process, he lost control of the computer - somebody else's name popped up and he was not...
  10. Windows update KB4482887 - FULL OF BUGS!!!!

Windows update KB4482887 - FULL OF BUGS!!!!: It has been reported that this very recently released update was loaded with problems, but it was released by MS anyway. Further comment stated that they will just issue a patch at a future date. I have "uninstalled" that update, but I'm sure it will try to do it on it's...