Windows 10: Windows updated on my ThinkPad T570, using a lot of resources now

Discus and support Windows updated on my ThinkPad T570, using a lot of resources now in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been learning Django and Python 3. Nothing has changed but updating my system. I usually have Adobe PDF reader open, Atom and Power Shell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HeadlineINeed, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Windows updated on my ThinkPad T570, using a lot of resources now

I have been learning Django and Python 3. Nothing has changed but updating my system. I usually have Adobe PDF reader open, Atom and Power Shell running. Prior to update this used about 4 out of the 15gb’s of Ram. Now it’s using closer to 6.5 once I open Firefox it shows Firefox (8) and that increases it to about 8. As well as 80% CPU usage. With FF closed it’s about 50%.

Is this a Windows Update issue? Coming from MBP I’m trying to get back into the groove of Windows

submitted by /u/HeadlineINeed
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HeadlineINeed, Nov 17, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

Refreshing Windows 10 on a Thinkpad

Lenovo does a good job of keeping updated drivers available through its support pages. If you visit the T570 support pages you should find everything you need. Also, here's a link to the T570 drivers & software page: Error.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

PS: I own two Lenovos at present, a T520 and an X 220 Tablet. I use their System Update utility on both machines to good effect to keep their drivers up-to-date. You can download that tool from the afore-linked downloads page under the ThinkVantage Technology heading, Lenovo System Update for Windows 10 item.

EdTittel, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 17, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows updated on my ThinkPad T570, using a lot of resources now

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows updated on my ThinkPad T570, using a lot of resources now :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows updated on my ThinkPad T570, using a lot of resources now

1. Windows updated on my ThinkPad T570, using a lot of resources now - Similar Threads - updated ThinkPad T570

2. My system is using a lot of data right now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My system is using a lot of data right now.: my data usage is over 100gb per month, i checker what was using so much data and it showed the applicaiton using data was called system. i was wondering how to get rid of these incrediibly high data usages...
  3. My system is using a lot of data right now.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My system is using a lot of data right now.: my data usage is over 100gb per month, i checker what was using so much data and it showed the applicaiton using data was called system. i was wondering how to get rid of these incrediibly high data usages...
  4. Ennserver.exe uses a lot of resources. What is it and can I delete it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ennserver.exe uses a lot of resources. What is it and can I delete it?: When running programmes on my computer I find that they constantly freeze and when I examine task manager I find the ennserver.exe and system interrupts are taking up resources.I understand that system interrupts is a Windows 10 feature but what is ennserver.exe and can I...
  5. MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources: Hi guys ive had it with this defender MpMsENG.exe . its a very frustrating exe to deal with . Ive done several things with it , as per this group suggestions , and the solutions are all temporary at best as inevitably thus stupid file returns and starts messing the CPU usage...
  6. Lots of resources being used

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lots of resources being used: I have up to 45% of my CPU and 70-85% of my RAM in use (I have 8 GB) just by doing low end tasks. Looking in task manager, I know for a fact that ~6GB of RAM is not being used by Discord and Chrome. Windows should barely use any of that. I've been suspicious of bloatware...
  7. my microsoft teams is using a lot more resources than usual today

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my microsoft teams is using a lot more resources than usual today: ususally my microsft teams takes about 1%-5% of my cpu, but today i launched it, it took way longer than usual to open and now it's using around 20% of my cpu and my laptop is reaching 60 degrees, any ideas how to fix that? submitted by /u/KARLmemes [link] [comments]...
  8. Browser Using Lots of Resources

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser Using Lots of Resources: Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was introduced to computers and then the Internet. Not long after that I found out about "cookies" and how they interacted with your browser. The more I studied this the more I saw what an advertiser's dream this must be, even though it...
  9. Windows Update consuming lots of resources,and not able to do updates as well

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update consuming lots of resources,and not able to do updates as well: I have windows 10 running on a dell latitude 5490. everytime I wake laptop from sleep windows update is consuming a lot of resources(pfa screen grab).[ATTACH] when I go to check for updates , there is no update history, last check date is November 2018 and if I try to...
  10. Outlook 2016 using lots of resources

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 using lots of resources: I have a Dell Alien that was on Win 7 Pro 64bit. I upgraded a couple of weeks ago to Win 10 Pro 64bit. I have what I think MS calls Office 365. The subscription model that lets you run Office on multiple machines. Last weekend I upgraded from Office 2013 to 2016. I primarily...