Windows 10: Windows updated this morning and I'm not happy

Discus and support Windows updated this morning and I'm not happy in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, I turned on my machine this morning to get the colorful wait screens with the anticipation building messages. Once up and running, I find changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dragon435, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Dragon435 Win User

Windows updated this morning and I'm not happy

So, I turned on my machine this morning to get the colorful wait screens with the anticipation building messages. Once up and running, I find changes have been made to my start screen that I'm not particularly fond of. My Icons have enlarged and due to there resolution, have blurred. *Sad

I have tried to tweak the display resolution to no avail. I guess what I'm asking is did anyone else have this trouble and what other little surprises I'm in for as I explore the system? What were the fixes? Is there a itemized list available and if so, where?

Thks.

:)

Dragon435, Nov 27, 2015

2. Windows 10 software updated this morning and since the Windows embedded apps on the desktop have disappearred

I allowed Windows to update the software this morning on Windows 10. Mistake!

Since the restart all the Windows embedded apps have disappeared from the Desktop at Start-Up and I have no access particularly to "phone' and calendar which are crucial.

How do I one find them and then put back on desktop?

NeilHansford, Nov 27, 2015
  3. Windows 10 software updated this morning and since the Windows embedded apps on the desktop have disappearred

Ruz,

I followed a number of the suggestions using Powershell.

I noted that this morning I looked at the list of Apps and found all the ones that were previously tiles in the list.

I have individually pinned them to the start Menu and now they are accessible on the Desktop.

I have pinned particular Apps to the Task Bar for easy access.

Thus i can avoid the System Restore.

Thank you

NeilHansford, Nov 27, 2015
Thema:

Windows updated this morning and I'm not happy

1. Windows updated this morning and I'm not happy - Similar Threads - updated morning I'm

2. Happy Fourth Of July!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Happy Fourth Of July!: Just wanted to take a Minute and wish All Members Of The Forums Who Cerebrate The Fourth Of July A VeryHappy Fourth Of July!Enjoy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/happy-fourth-of-july/ad6e05f3-45dd-41c0-b1ba-4eed6152bc38
  3. Happy Birthday Windows 7!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Happy Birthday Windows 7!: Happy 13th birthday to the best Windows system in my opinion.Fun fact: I'm actually a month older than Windows 7.My dad used to have it when I was a baby, and when I was 4-5 years old, I played on his computer a lot.Today I use it in VirtualBox.Good times....
  4. Happy Birthday Windows 7!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Happy Birthday Windows 7!: Happy 13th birthday to the best Windows system in my opinion.Fun fact: I'm actually a month older than Windows 7.My dad used to have it when I was a baby, and when I was 4-5 years old, I played on his computer a lot.Today I use it in VirtualBox.Good times....
  5. Going back to happiness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Going back to happiness: Hi there, I want to roll back to w 10 i received my surface go 3 yesterday March 25 today March 26 I decided to go back but the option in my settings recovery does jot exists just not there at all,why?...
  6. I'm back I'm not happy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm back I'm not happy: The last time I came to write was because I had microphone problems like sound not being picked up, and cause was because I accidentally pulled out the wire. This time I already checked everything and even restarted. i'm tired of trying again over and over. Can someone please...
  7. Happy wars on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Happy wars on pc: why was happy wars removed on pc [Mod Edit: Moved from Community participation Centre] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/happy-wars-on-pc/d6cc4739-0629-4a48-97c6-1eb6135d091e
  8. Morning update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Morning update: My computer updated this morning and now I'm having trouble with everything related to facebook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/morning-update/6e874666-0380-49d8-ac7b-e1cdfedef699
  9. Total Happiness!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Total Happiness!!: So I really want to type this in caps, but i will try to keep my xcite to the min. After my earlier post, please please know, it was very horrible to be hacked and to lose all my thongs that keep me in order, especially now that my dads passing. It was a nda our thing the...
  10. update this morning Microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update this morning Microsoft 10: I just did a update this morning Microsoft 10. Now the the taskbar is frozen will not work and Microsoft Edge will not load. My question is how can I do a restore when I cant get to that menu...