Windows 10: Windows updateKB4579311causing Explorer.exe to enter crash loop

Discus and support Windows updateKB4579311causing Explorer.exe to enter crash loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi , Recently i have been facing with a particular Windows Cumulative update KB4579311, where as soon as i logon the windows task bar with start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kirankaushal, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Windows updateKB4579311causing Explorer.exe to enter crash loop

Hi ,

Recently i have been facing with a particular Windows Cumulative update KB4579311, where as soon as i logon the windows task bar with start menu, search starts to flicker, my context menus don't appear and cannot open the task manager as my right click does not work.

But this stops flickering when try to open task manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Dlt, and by holding the Ctrl+Alt button i am able to stop the flickering of the start menu. After releasing the Ctrl+Alt button the issue appears again.

I tried to check my Event Viewer and the Application Logs show error :

Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0x89ce2e55

Faulting module name: twinui.dll, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0x9af73723

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000021104e

Faulting process id: 0x4948

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6a68b5175d180

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\twinui.dll

Report Id: eac6ebf4-12cc-4a9b-8f7c-971b29cacc51

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

This has also caused the nvcontianer.exe to crash and the log states:

Faulting application name: nvcontainer.exe, version: 1.9.2305.6807, time stamp: 0x59f7140a
    Faulting module name: nvapi.dll, version: 27.21.14.5167, time stamp: 0x5f021f1d

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x002e9936

Faulting process id: 0x46b8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6a69121586c4e

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files x86\NVIDIA Corporation\NvContainer\nvcontainer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvapi.dll

Report Id: c65920c6-f18d-4ccc-b860-4ab774797fae

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Thanks

:)

kirankaushal, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Harvy Win User

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Oct 20, 2020
  3. jsmin Win User
    Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Oct 20, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Windows updateKB4579311causing Explorer.exe to enter crash loop

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows updateKB4579311causing Explorer.exe to enter crash loop

1. Windows updateKB4579311causing Explorer.exe to enter crash loop - Similar Threads - updateKB4579311causing Explorer exe

2. Windows explorer crashing in a loop after signing in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer crashing in a loop after signing in: Hello, my computer was working fine yesterday, but today I got on and signed in and windows explorer just crashed over and over. Everytime my GPU usage would spike to 100%, not sure if that's relevant. I checked event viewer and four events kept repeating over and over. The...
  3. Windows explorer crashing in a loop after signing in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer crashing in a loop after signing in: Hello, my computer was working fine yesterday, but today I got on and signed in and windows explorer just crashed over and over. Everytime my GPU usage would spike to 100%, not sure if that's relevant. I checked event viewer and four events kept repeating over and over. The...
  4. Windows explorer crashing in a loop after signing in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 crashes at boot and enters auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 crashes at boot and enters auto repair loop: Windows 10 after downloading Wondershare Dr fone froze in the part of installation of adding system registry so I forced shutdown and then It got stuck in a automatic repair loop after crashing at boot Details: dell4gb ram Intel i3 old Note: I tried all methods system restore...
  6. explorer crash loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer crash loop: Everytime I start my computer, I get a windows explrorer crash loop, it crashes, restarts and crashes again every few seconds. It stops after about 10 minutes and then starts normally.I have tried sfc and dism. I have tried clean boot and it still happened, in safe mode it...
  7. file explorer crashing in loop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer crashing in loop: so my explorer.exe is just crashing in a loop i cant click on my task bar or desktop because it'll blink to black every few seconds. ive tried dism. all i can do at this point is open task manager cant access cmd or files because they just close also cant click on start...
  8. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  9. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only...
  10. Stuck in explorer crash loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in explorer crash loop: Hello! Today, out of nowhere, I started having problems with explorer. When right-clicking on the desktop (or icons on it) explorer would crash and restart itself a few seconds later (icons disappear, taskbar disappears, etc...). I looked for a solution online and many...
Tags: