Windows 10: Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out

Discus and support Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi friends, I have an ASUS laptop that had windows 8 home edition. I did the anniversary upgrade to windows 10. Ever since, the windows updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by linuxgirl, Jun 13, 2017.

1. linuxgirl Win User

Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out

Hi friends,

I have an ASUS laptop that had windows 8 home edition. I did the anniversary upgrade to windows 10. Ever since, the windows updates advanced settings is grayed out.

Meaning that I cannot set the time when the computer should restart after applying windows updates.

This is causing a lot of problems because I can be in the middle of work and the laptop simply restarts, so I have to keep paranoidically saving everything I work on in case one these sudden restarts commence.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I read many people with home edition who made the anniversary upgrade to win 10 have this issue but until now I did not find a solution.

Any help is more than appreciated, thanks in advance!

:)

linuxgirl, Jun 13, 2017

2. Microphone properties advanced tab Sample rate setting grayed out

This may not sound fun, but leaving USB MIC PLUGGED IN and DEFAULT, you can uninstall the Davinci Resolve software, restart PC and reinstall it and that might fix the issue.

seahawks65, Jun 13, 2017
  3. Microphone properties advanced tab Sample rate setting grayed out

Is this a USB MIC or Jack MIC??

If USB, make sure you have selected it first as default MIC. and then select its properties and see. Then use the configure wizard.

seahawks65, Jun 13, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

5. linuxgirl Win User
    You mean using the troubleshooter?

Tried it now but it didn't help. Maybe a reboot is required?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

linuxgirl, Jun 14, 2017
  6. Restart options are grayed out, until some updates are installed, only then you can change them.

To disable automatic restarting, run CMD as admin and copy/paste:

Code: schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot" /Disable ren "%WinDir%\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot" "Reboot.bak" md "%WinDir%\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot" schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot" /Disable[/quote] How to permanently stop Windows 10 reboots after installing updates - Winaero

You can also set 18 hours interval, during which Windows will never restart.

Change Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials

TairikuOkami, Jun 14, 2017
  7. linuxgirl Win User
    Thanks, I will try it, but just so I understand - this will stop the reboots completely?

It is kind of radical, after all, the reboots are needed, I just would like to be able to choose when.

But if this is the only solution I will give it a try.

If I don't like the result, is there a command to put it back the way it was before I run the commands you gave me?

Thanks!

linuxgirl, Jun 14, 2017
  8. Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out

Code: rd "%WinDir%\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot" /s /q ren "%WinDir%\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot.bak" "Reboot" schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot" /Enable[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out - Similar Threads - Updates Advanced Settings

2. Security settings in grayed out. Why ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security settings in grayed out. Why ?: Hello. Could you help me explain why the memory integrity and firmware protection options are grayed out and the text message in red saying that these settings are handled by the system administrator. Is there any way to change this? Thank you very much in advance for your...
  3. Nightlight settings are grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightlight settings are grayed out: My Nightlight is greyed out. The video driver is up to date. So I've tried this instruction. And I've found out that there are no such keys in this folder. What should I do next? Can I create these keys somehow and delete them thereafter? Please help, my eyes are in real pain...
  4. Sync your settings Grayed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sync your settings Grayed out: The Icon for turning your Sync settings is Grayed out in the off position will not turn on Please Advise how to correct this. Laptop with news Win 10 download....
  5. Delivery optimization is grayed out, as is advanced settings allowing me to control bandwidth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delivery optimization is grayed out, as is advanced settings allowing me to control bandwidth: Delivery optimization is grayed out -- I cannot choose to allow or deny downloading from other computers on my network. Advanced settings is also grayed out so I can't control how much bandwidth update is using, in either the foreground or the background. submitted by...
  6. Windows 10 settings window grayed out

Windows 10 settings window grayed out: Beginning of the issue was that my spotlight image doesn't change so I follow the steps from the link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/windows-spotlight-lock-screen-picture-wont-change/443cc26c-29f1-4481-80c9-6fb7130f6191 After follow...
  7. Windows Defender settings are grayed out

Windows Defender settings are grayed out: hello, my laptop running windows 10 home 1903 has some windows defender setting greyed out with the message "this setting is managed by your administrator," I'm the only user and have Malwarebytes installed for scanning. everything I've tried hasn't worked. it's really...
  8. Advanced Properties/Run As Administrator Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Properties/Run As Administrator Grayed Out: I need to access some areas of the control panel that are only available when it is run as administrator. I am unable to do this because the option to do so is grayed out. UAC is turned off. How can I run control panel as administrator? Here's a video with a duration of...
  9. Privacy settings grayed out after update to 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy settings grayed out after update to 1803: Hi all, I have multiple machines in my organization that have all privacy settings grayed out(Some settings are hidden by your organization). The worst is that all settings are set to "Off", so no microphone/camera/notifications and etc. These are domain-joined machines, but...
  10. Metro apps and store not working and grayed out - advanced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metro apps and store not working and grayed out - advanced: A bit of background info: I have installed Windows 10 about 5 times. The first 4 it would only work until the first reboot because during the setup phase it would automatically install a faulty driver and on the first available restart my Windows would break and I would have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download settings grayed out in windows update

2. windows update advanced options greyed out