Windows 10: Windows Updates after Crash and Restore

Discus and support Windows Updates after Crash and Restore in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Windows 10 has recently crashed. I have successfully restored it from a system disk image. However, the image is 12 months old I am not very good... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by YuliaYulia, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Windows Updates after Crash and Restore

My Windows 10 has recently crashed. I have successfully restored it from a system disk image. However, the image is 12 months old I am not very good with backing up : . So all the updates for the last 12 months have been lost. I thought I would reinstall them automatically by using the Windows Update Manager or whatever it's called in the Control Panel. However, the manager only found updates for the last two months. Initially, they failed to install, and I thought I would need to manually identify, download and install all the updates for the last 12 months - not a very nice prospect. Bu

:)

YuliaYulia, Dec 4, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 4, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 4, 2021
  4. Windows Updates after Crash and Restore

Some programs crash right after startup. started occuring after a system restore

Earlier this week I did a shutdown for some windows updates to install. After it rebooted it seemed to take forever saying windows update preparing to install. Some googling suggested to reboot and it will finish the installation, or you can sign in and re-perform the update. This didnt happen. I had to do a system restore to a direct X install from a couple days back. Windows then booted properly, but there was some problems. It complained about unable to load assembly sortkey.nlp. Turned out it was ATI catalyst software causing the problem. So I reinstalled that to 12.10. Now when I try and run some programs such as CdBurner XP Pro or Free Youtube to Mp3 converter, they crash instantly with the error: <program> has stopped working.

I tried removing .net and installing .net 4.5. But still no luck.

Id like to avoid reinstalling windows, any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows Updates after Crash and Restore

1. Windows Updates after Crash and Restore - Similar Threads - Updates Crash Restore

2. win 11 crashed after tried to restore to a previous restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 11 crashed after tried to restore to a previous restore point: To whom can helpI upgraded win 11 from my win10 one month ago. Today I tried to restore my disk to the previous restore point which the system created last week after the windows upgrading. However, it failed and the system crashed. I tried to reset the system, and it asked...
  3. Windows Updates after Crash and Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates after Crash and Restore: My Windows 10 has recently crashed. I have successfully restored it from a system disk image. However, the image is 12 months old I am not very good with backing up : . So all the updates for the last 12 months have been lost. I thought I would reinstall them automatically by...
  4. Windows Updates after Crash and Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates after Crash and Restore: My Windows 10 has recently crashed. I have successfully restored it from a system disk image. However, the image is 12 months old I am not very good with backing up : . So all the updates for the last 12 months have been lost. I thought I would reinstall them automatically by...
  5. Update issues after restore

Update issues after restore: I lost power during system reset after installation of KB5005033 and was forced to restore from an earlier point. Now the update won't finalise via restart. I have used the troubleshooter and nothing will force it to resolve, can anyone help please?...
  6. Windows crashing after update

Windows crashing after update: Hey all, my brother is having problems with his PC. According to him, the screen glitches out for about four seconds and makes a buzzing sound, then the system reboots to the HP loading screen, then starts up normally. The problem seems to be related to updates, as the...
  7. System Restore after update

System Restore after update: I have entered my recovery key to "get going again" but cannot move from the screen. It appears stuck or frozen. Has anyone had this happen? I read where a lot of folks had trouble obtaining their recovery key, but in my case I am fortunate to have registered it already....
  8. Issues with restore point + windows updates + crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with restore point + windows updates + crashing: Hello, I've been looking at solutions for my girlfriends pc, we were trying to fix a driver issue and we went to look to see if windows updates were working and they weren't they gave a: 0x80080005 but Still unable to update. We tried to use the update manually through 2004,...
  9. Wifi Crashed after Restoring Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Crashed after Restoring Laptop: When resetting/restoring my laptop, my wifi crashed. ISP said it should be fine so must be the router at fault? Has the reset somehow stopped the router working properly?...
  10. How to restore my profile after an update crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to restore my profile after an update crash: Hello After a recent windows 10 update my PC crashed. When it restarted it has a generic page. All my files desktop etc are in a users name directory. How do I restore my original desktop page and for the documents and photos tab to open my corresponding folders stored in...