Windows 10: Windows Updates and Microsoft store show downloading, but zero progress

Discus and support Windows Updates and Microsoft store show downloading, but zero progress in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have just finally gotten some updates by using a Media Creation Tool to upgrade to 2004 manually. The problem is even after doing that I still have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EmeraldPhoe, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Windows Updates and Microsoft store show downloading, but zero progress

I have just finally gotten some updates by using a Media Creation Tool to upgrade to 2004 manually. The problem is even after doing that I still have some updates that just sit at Downloading-0% for windows updates and my Microsoft store doesn't does the same thing. Nothing updates in it and I am unable to make any progress everything is either stuck in pending or downloading. Any help in this would be appreciate, screenshots posted below

https://i.imgur.com/ln8oLnV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hWkLPGy.png

submitted by /u/EmeraldPhoe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EmeraldPhoe, Jun 3, 2020

2. Microsoft Download Center Updates

Quite a few new downloads popped up today on the Microsoft Download Center. Here's a list:
    * Windows Media Center Software Development Kit
    * Windows CE 5.0 Networked Media Device Feature Pack Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for SharePoint 10.x Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Server Network Load Balancing Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Identity Integration Server 2003 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for Exchange 10.0 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows CE .NET 4.2 Platform Builder Monthly Update (July 2007)

MS Download Center

HellasVagabond, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store either not downloading or very slow download speed

Hello everyone

I am trying to download a game from Microsoft Store with 1.4 GB size. It has been two days and the download has not finished. Also when I pause and resume the download then sometimes the download restarts from zero.

1. There is no progress bar or percentage that shows how far the download process is. Only how many MB have been downloaded. Sometimes under the file size there is a speed indicator that shows the current download speed (which is the optimum speed and I am
      very happy with it). Then after a few moments it disappears and the download gets stuck. I know the download has stopped because the "downloaded size" does not change at all and also using Task Manager I can see that current traffic is zero. In addition Resource
      Monitor also shows zero traffic.
    2. There is no problem with the internet connection since I have checked speedtest sites and actually downloaded random files from google (using chrome integrated download manager and Internet download manager). IDM had about 1 MB/s and chrome a little less
      as usual.
    3. I visited many pages that claim they have the solution to this problem. Below are the steps that I did.
    • used troubleshooter on both windows update and Microsoft store. Didn't find any problems.
    • did logout and login again.
    • disconnected all other devices and checked that nothing is downloading in background. Used Task manager and checked the WiFi tab. (Send and Receive are both at zero or max 10 kbps)
    • on Delivery Optimization checked "allow downloads from other pcs on the internet" to get download speed similar to torrent (I think this is correct)
    • Put the "Limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading ...." limit to 100% both download and upload to 100%
    • no proxy server , no vpn . DNS is default.
    • Did reset MS store using PowerShell command
    • disabled Firewall on both Windows Defender and Avast Premium
    • cleared temp files (deleted the folder "SoftwareDistribution" )
    • some homepages claim that wrong date, time and Timezone may be the reason. Changed them all to "set automatically".
    • did "wsreset"
    • Reinstalling Windows is not an option. The game is not worth it.

These are the steps that I can remember.

While I was writing this long question, the download of the game got stuck 3 times. Started from the beginning two times and managed to resume download only once. But at least the blue progress bar is visible now.

Hope you can help me solve this problem.

PeterSchneider1, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Windows Updates and Microsoft store show downloading, but zero progress

Windows Store showing download - click on downloads and updates and nothing is there (issue on multiple pc's)

Thank you for the update. The results show that the Windows Store cache may be damaged. In this case, we suggest that you clear and reset Store cache. Windows 10 includes a built-in utility called
    WSReset to clear and reset the Store cache. Note that clearing and resetting Windows Store cache will not remove your installed apps or your Microsoft account info associated with the Store app. You may follow these steps:

• Type cmd in the search box, then select Command Prompt.
    • Type: WSReset.exe
    • Allow the process to complete, then restart your computer.

Keep us updated with the results.

Aileen Alf, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows Updates and Microsoft store show downloading, but zero progress

1. Windows Updates and Microsoft store show downloading, but zero progress - Similar Threads - Updates Microsoft store

2. How do I cancel a download in progress on Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I cancel a download in progress on Microsoft store: Hi I need help cancelling a download I started on Microsoft store but I can't find a way to cancel the game and it's a big game, so I chose wisely and tried to cancel it but there was no way to cancel so I tried to search it up on Microsoft edge but it kept bringing up how to...
  3. How do I cancel a download in progress on Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I cancel a download in progress on Microsoft store: Hi I need help cancelling a download I started on Microsoft store but I can't find a way to cancel the game and it's a big game, so I chose wisely and tried to cancel it but there was no way to cancel so I tried to search it up on Microsoft edge but it kept bringing up how to...
  4. Microsoft Store Downloads not working, stuck on "pending" or "Downloading.." with no progress

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Downloads not working, stuck on "pending" or "Downloading.." with no progress: I've been having these problems since last night.I've exhausted all of the options, having looked for different troubleshooting articles that might help me fix the issue. I have issues with 2 different programs currently.Background: Originally, I simply wanted to play...
  5. Microsoft Store Downloads not working, stuck on "pending" or "Downloading.." with no progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Downloads not working, stuck on "pending" or "Downloading.." with no progress: I've been having these problems since last night.I've exhausted all of the options, having looked for different troubleshooting articles that might help me fix the issue. I have issues with 2 different programs currently.Background: Originally, I simply wanted to play...
  6. Microsoft Store Downloads not working, stuck on "pending" or "Downloading.." with no progress

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Show download progress bar

in Browsers and Email
    Show download progress bar: After more than 15 years I switched browsers: I us now Microsoft Edge. I encountered many small differences between Edge and my previous browser but in the end I can do what I want with my new browser except for 1 thing: I used to see in Edge at the bottom of each page a...
  8. Show download progress bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Show download progress bar: After more than 15 years I switched browsers: I us now Microsoft Edge. I encountered many small differences between Edge and my previous browser but in the end I can do what I want with my new browser except for 1 thing: I used to see in Edge at the bottom of each page a...
  9. Windows Update keeps showing "Updates in progress".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update keeps showing "Updates in progress".: Updates does in fact work, but every time I go to system settings it states "Updates in progress". I know this is a minor issue but it still bothers me. Here is a picture: [ATTACH] What could cause this? I have already tried clearing out the update cache files and that...
  10. Winlogon not showing update progress

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Winlogon not showing update progress: Today I accidentally clicked 'forgot password?' when logging in to windows, and after exiting that prompt because I didn't forgot my password, winlogon now always messages the same text, namely: "hang on..." translated from dutch, it could be something different. It is at...