Windows 10: Windows Updates and Monitors

Discus and support Windows Updates and Monitors in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Has anyone a problem with Windows updates breaking external monitors? It's now the fourth time since the beginning of last year that this happened. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dev-hentai-chan, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Windows Updates and Monitors

Has anyone a problem with Windows updates breaking external monitors? It's now the fourth time since the beginning of last year that this happened. I uninstalled/rolled back/updated my drivers, even tried different releases. It's such a headache. Not updating my system can't be the solution from a security point of view, and I cannot tell which updates breaks my external monitor detection.

Edit

Windows 10 Education Version 1909 Os Build: 18363.1350

submitted by /u/dev-hentai-chan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dev-hentai-chan, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 26, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Updates and Monitors :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 26, 2021
  4. SamuelLV Win User

Windows Updates and Monitors

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows Updates and Monitors

1. Windows Updates and Monitors - Similar Threads - Updates Monitors

2. Monitor does not wake up after updated Screen Sleep settings, to 3m

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor does not wake up after updated Screen Sleep settings, to 3m: Occasionally I have this issue, where my Right-Hand Display Monitor does not come back on/wake up, with the Laptop and other Display Screen, as it should. This issue turned into happening now each time I have to wake up my computer, after updating the screen sleep settings......
  3. Monitor does not wake up after updated Screen Sleep settings, to 3m

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor does not wake up after updated Screen Sleep settings, to 3m: Occasionally I have this issue, where my Right-Hand Display Monitor does not come back on/wake up, with the Laptop and other Display Screen, as it should. This issue turned into happening now each time I have to wake up my computer, after updating the screen sleep settings......
  4. External monitor not working after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor not working after an update: I tried a different cable, driver update, driver unistall/reinstall. Windows does not detect second monitor and the monitor states no signal when hdmi plugged in and turned on....
  5. External monitor not working after an update

External monitor not working after an update: I tried a different cable, driver update, driver unistall/reinstall. Windows does not detect second monitor and the monitor states no signal when hdmi plugged in and turned on....
  6. External monitor not working after an update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Second Monitors colors are messed up after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitors colors are messed up after Windows 10 update: My second monitor's colors are a messed up and there are lines showing after the new windows 10 update. I have a nvidia 1060 max q graphics card. Installing the newest drivers did not seems to help , tried the monitor on a different laptop it works fines . How can I fix this?...
  8. Second Monitors colors are messed up after Windows 10 update

Second Monitors colors are messed up after Windows 10 update: My second monitor's colors are a messed up and there are lines showing after the new windows 10 update. I have a nvidia 1060 max q graphics card. Installing the newest drivers did not seems to help , tried the monitor on a different laptop it works fines . How can I fix this?...
  9. Second Monitors colors are messed up after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. After Windows 11 - 23H2/KB5036893 Update the USB-C Monitor Is No Longer Detected

After Windows 11 - 23H2/KB5036893 Update the USB-C Monitor Is No Longer Detected: After updating Windows 11 with the cumulative update 23H2 - KB5036893 the USB-C monitor is no Longer Detected. I checked the behaviour with various USB-C docking stations from Lenovo and Dell and different monitor types from Lenovo and Samsung, but the behaviour is always the...