Windows 10: Windows Updates and Proxy Override

Discus and support Windows Updates and Proxy Override in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a user account that signs in to multiple computers. I have internet blocked for that user via group policy. However, I need windows updates to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Patrick Riley priley, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Windows Updates and Proxy Override

I have a user account that signs in to multiple computers. I have internet blocked for that user via group policy. However, I need windows updates to run. I have tried adding the update sites to proxy override with no success. I know WSUS is an option but making that change needs to go up the ladder. I'd like to get it working this way for now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Patrick Riley priley, Oct 20, 2021
  2. dcf-joe Win User

Proxy Server?

When I was in high school, I used this website. It is a website that lists working proxies, updated daily. If you choose the right ones, you can actually successfully watch youtube videos through the proxy!

dcf-joe, Oct 20, 2021
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Proxy Server?

bah, this site is blocked.

4. Windows Updates and Proxy Override

windows update on a proxy server

Hi Tanmay,

I would suggest you to run the Windows update troubleshooter and check.

1) In the search tab type 'Troubleshooter' and hit enter.

2) Click on view all.

3) Click on Windows update and follow the onscreen instructions

Please follow the steps below and check if the issue can be fixed.

1. Press Windows Key + R combination and put
    inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter to open Internet Properties.

2. In the Internet Properties, switch to Connections tab, here click the
    LAN Settings.

Moving on, in the Proxy server section, click on Advanced.

Now in the Proxy Settings window, for the Exceptions section, input the following entries using comma:

• login.live.com
    • account.live.com
    • clientconfig.passport.net
    • wustat.windows.com
    • *.windowsupdate.com
    • *.wns.windows.com
    • *.hotmail.com
    • *.outlook.com
    • *.microsoft.com
    • *.msftncsi.com/ncsi.txt
    Click OK. Close the Internet Properties settings window.

Now, run Netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie command in the
    administrative Command Prompt
    to export the settings you’ve configured, to work for
    Windows Update as well.

Reboot the machine when you’re done to make changes effective.

Let us know if you have any issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows Updates and Proxy Override

1. Windows Updates and Proxy Override - Similar Threads - Updates Proxy Override

2. Configure reverse proxy for windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configure reverse proxy for windows update: Hello,We have the following scenario : We have multiple windows servers in our infrastructure which needs to get updates from Microsoft but they don't have internet connectionWe have deployed a reverse proxynginx and in it's config we have defined a path "wsus.local" which we...
  3. Configure reverse proxy for windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Configure reverse proxy for windows update: Hello,We have the following scenario : We have multiple windows servers in our infrastructure which needs to get updates from Microsoft but they don't have internet connectionWe have deployed a reverse proxynginx and in it's config we have defined a path "wsus.local" which we...
  4. windows proxies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows proxies: hello i am trying to use proxies in windows 11 and when i change my proxy settings i get the error message can't reach this page in microsoft edge along with other browsers. thanks a lot....
  5. windows proxies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows proxies: hello i am trying to use proxies in windows 11 and when i change my proxy settings i get the error message can't reach this page in microsoft edge along with other browsers. thanks a lot....
  6. Windows Updates and Proxy Override

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates and Proxy Override: I have a user account that signs in to multiple computers. I have internet blocked for that user via group policy. However, I need windows updates to run. I have tried adding the update sites to proxy override with no success. I know WSUS is an option but making that change...
  7. Windows Updates and Proxy Override

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates and Proxy Override: I have a user account that signs in to multiple computers. I have internet blocked for that user via group policy. However, I need windows updates to run. I have tried adding the update sites to proxy override with no success. I know WSUS is an option but making that change...
  8. Window Override

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window Override: I know I can override a currupted Windows with a new system but my question is, will it affect my touch screen window function? Or do I need a seperate add on to the system to make that work?...
  9. Opera override

in Browsers and Email
    Opera override: What is this opera crap? Every time I try to get to Amazon, it shows up and overrides everything else on my monitor. How do I get rid of it? 137111
  10. Updates Overriding Settings

in Browsers and Email
    Updates Overriding Settings: Miscrosoft windows updates reset my default from FF to IE; I did not tell it to. It installed all those unwanted search engines I didnt want. NOT HAPPY Microsoft, my pc is MINE, not yours. Leave my setting alone. 39742