Windows 10: Windows updates and the removes the update because it didn't install correctly or failed to...

Discus and support Windows updates and the removes the update because it didn't install correctly or failed to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer constantly installs Windows 10 updates only to then uninstall them seemingly every time. Any suggestions as to what to do and of course the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianGlickman, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Windows updates and the removes the update because it didn't install correctly or failed to...

My computer constantly installs Windows 10 updates only to then uninstall them seemingly every time. Any suggestions as to what to do and of course the uninstall always happens when I want to use the computer

:)

BrianGlickman, Sep 10, 2019
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Sep 10, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 10, 2019
  4. FX-GMC Win User

Windows updates and the removes the update because it didn't install correctly or failed to...

Windows update failing

You could try the Windows Update troubleshooter. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/open-the-windows-update-troubleshooter

If that doesn't work then do this:

FX-GMC, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows updates and the removes the update because it didn't install correctly or failed to...

1. Windows updates and the removes the update because it didn't install correctly or failed to... - Similar Threads - updates removes update

2. Windows didn't load correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows didn't load correctly: I tried to install a a program. Windows wouldn't allow it. I tried uninstalling the program. It wouldnot uninstall. Told me to restart. So I did. Then windows kept telling me it needed to restart to correct an error .it does this repeatedly. If I shut it off it does the same...
  3. Windows didn't load correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows didn't load correctly: Just wanted to reach out to experts to confirm and offer help on what I think is the issue with my desktop computer. I have had issues since Friday and have tried everything I could think of, but the computer is still down at this moment. The issue came after the latest...
  4. I can not install windows update because it tells me to remove Pavilion BIOS because it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not install windows update because it tells me to remove Pavilion BIOS because it is...: I have a HP Pavilion Notebook # HP 17-g121w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-install-windows-update-because-it-tells/6794e44c-e179-4e35-83f7-b51f08176053
  5. I can not install windows update because it tells me to remove Pavilion BIOS because it is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not install windows update because it tells me to remove Pavilion BIOS because it is...: I have a HP Pavilion Notebook # HP 17-g121w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-install-windows-update-because-it-tells/6794e44c-e179-4e35-83f7-b51f08176053
  6. I can not install windows update because it tells me to remove Pavilion BIOS because it is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows didn't load correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows didn't load correctly: My windows didn't load correctly. I have a blue screen error and I can't use SFC /scannow and it only says "windows can't start the repair service" and when i try DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth it just says "online PE is not avaliable". I also can't boot safemode...
  8. Windows didn't load correctly after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows didn't load correctly after update: The main user of the computer installed an update because the current version was going to be unsupported soon. It restarted and now will restart again shortly after starting up twice, then give the message "windows didn't load correctly" I've tried to load it into safe mode...
  9. Window's 10 Update Not Installing Correctly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window's 10 Update Not Installing Correctly: When I try to update Windows 10 to the latest versions, I get a message that I have all the requirements to do so, it prepares the update, but when the install hits 60% it keeps saying that it can't configure an option (with no error code) and reverts all the changes back to...
  10. BSODs because windows kept failing to install the following update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs because windows kept failing to install the following update: I was experiencing some bluescreens every once in a while on my computer, and I assumed it was because windows kept failing to install the following update https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4512508/windows-10-update-kb4512508 . I downloaded the tool that windows...