Windows 10: Windows Updates and Upgrade fail - Version 1703; attempt to Upgrade Windows - setupactlogs...

Discus and support Windows Updates and Upgrade fail - Version 1703; attempt to Upgrade Windows - setupactlogs... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Version 1703 Windows10 - updates have failed for several years. I believe I've tried all of the normal steps to solve the problem, and the PC continues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lhgarrett, Jan 15, 2021.

1. lhgarrett Win User

Windows Updates and Upgrade fail - Version 1703; attempt to Upgrade Windows - setupactlogs...

Version 1703 Windows10 - updates have failed for several years. I believe I've tried all of the normal steps to solve the problem, and the PC continues to rollback.

DISM.EXE /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSDvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

delete everything in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSDvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

Run Windows Troubleshooter for Windows Update

Disable security software

I get the Error Code 8007001F – 0x3000D The installation failed in theFIRST_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation.

:)

lhgarrett, Jan 15, 2021
  2. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Windows 10 ver 1607 will not upgrade to 1703

Hi,

We would like to ask you some questions in order to assist you properly:

• How are you performing the upgrade from Windows 10 Version 1607 to 1703?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to address the issue?
    While waiting for your reply, we suggest that perform the following and check if it resolves your concern:

• Perform a clean boot using this
      link
      . This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program, update, or when you run a program in Windows 10.
    • Download and run the
      Windows Update troubleshooter
      for your version of Windows.
    • Once you've performed the suggested steps, perform the upgrade again and check the results.

Please post the results for us to assist you further.

Rolando Vil, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Windows Updates and Upgrade fail - Version 1703; attempt to Upgrade Windows - setupactlogs...

Fails to update to windows 1703

Good! Where the automatic upgrade via Windows Update fails a manual in-place upgrade can sometimes succeed. Use the Media Creation Tool to 'Make media for another PC' and download the .iso. Double-click on it to mount it then run the Setup it contains to start the upgrade. Try turning off any 3rd-party AV before you upgrade.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

This may also fail, but at least it will report a reason and an error code. If so, post the results here for further diagnosis.

Your screenshot seems to keep disappearing Windows Updates and Upgrade fail - Version 1703; attempt to Upgrade Windows - setupactlogs... :) but the glimpse I got of it suggests one possible cause of failure. You show two recovery partitions, the first at 11.72GB would appear to be an OEM restore partition. The second partition is C: and the third would appear to be the Windows 10 recovery partition. At 450MB this may be a little too small for the upgrade to complete successfully. If the in-place upgrade points to this as your problem then enlarging it with Disk Management or MiniTool Partition Wizard should help. Mine is 845MB.

If you have to take this step, it would be very sensible to make a system image of the current system before beginning. Most here recommend Macrium Reflect for that.

Thema:

1. Windows Updates and Upgrade fail - Version 1703; attempt to Upgrade Windows - setupactlogs... - Similar Threads - Updates Upgrade fail

2. Failed attempts to upgrade Window 10 versions very frustrating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed attempts to upgrade Window 10 versions very frustrating: I have a Lenovo Computer with the operating systemWindows 10 Pro. OS Build 14393.693. Installed Memory RAM is 4.00GB. Thesystem type is a 64bit operating system and a x64-based processor. Last successfully installed update was on November 20,2020 - Update for Windows 10,...
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade version 1703 issues

Windows 10 Upgrade version 1703 issues: Hello, I am facing issues to upgrade Windows 10 ver. 1703 to higher versions. Due to this, i am not able to install any softwares from outside Microsoft Store, even though my system is not in S mode. I have tried using Windows update assistant, but still of no use. It is...
  4. Failed update windows 1703

Failed update windows 1703: Hi there, I having an issue , i could not update my Windows 10. Currently running 1703, I tried this link from microsoft thread but no good , https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Does microsoft have one single package to update old windows 10...
  5. Stopping version 1703 from installing after failed attempt

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stopping version 1703 from installing after failed attempt: Colleagues: Yesterday, my Windows 10 machine did its routine update, which included an attempt to install version 1703 of the Creators Update (I had failed to turn on "defer feature updates"). Nevertheless, the install failed because it wanted me to uninstall my antivirus...
  6. No internet connection after upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1703

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet connection after upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1703: I was running Windows 10 Version 1511 on two of my PC’s without any problems. However, when I upgraded both PC’s to the Windows 10 Creators Update Version 1703, I found I could no longer connect to the internet. On the one PC, the following error message appears...
  7. Error Upgrading from Windows 10 Version 1703 to 1709

Error Upgrading from Windows 10 Version 1703 to 1709: Early release is available on April 30, 2018. Sometime on or after April 30, create a bootable Windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10 On release that page will change from saying "Windows 10 Fall Creators Update now available" to "Windows 10 April 2018 Update now available"....
  8. Windows 10 1703 Upgrade Failing

Windows 10 1703 Upgrade Failing: For a few weeks now I've been trying to install the new Windows 10 1703 upgrade and it keeps failing. It goes through the whole check the system thing, everything is ok and then proceeds to download the 2.9gb update esd file. Following that it goes through the install...
  9. Update to version 1703 failing

Update to version 1703 failing: The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation Error code 0x8007002C - 0x4000D Had this before on another computer, which got fixed by uninstalling antivirus, firewall and messing with a few reg keys. That didn't work on this...
  10. Fails to update to windows 1703

Fails to update to windows 1703: Hello Bree suggested I should start a new thread............. My W10 updates all "offers" except for feature update to windows 10 version 1703? It has had several tries at updating it but fails each time, while other updates come in and are completed. As of 1/6/17 I'm on...