Windows 10: Windows updates are causing a big issue and dropping the performance too much

Discus and support Windows updates are causing a big issue and dropping the performance too much in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Okay so I have hp 15 - ec gaming pc with the following specs 8 gb ram dual channel ryzen 5 3550h nvidia gtx 1050 3gb So basically when I update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by yashkathe, Jan 3, 2021.

1. yashkathe Win User

Windows updates are causing a big issue and dropping the performance too much

Okay so I have hp 15 - ec gaming pc with the following specs

8 gb ram dual channel

ryzen 5 3550h

nvidia gtx 1050 3gb

So basically when I update my windows the games are unplayable like i get really low fps and i cant play any game even csgo because of constant fps drops after every 10 seconds . But everytime I perform a reset and clean installation of windows all my games work fine not any issue . I can play witcher 3 without any lag no problems . I had to complete assassins creed origins by resetting my pc every 15 days literally . Like windows keeps on updating automatically and my pc just turns into potato pc . Now i am fed up of resetting windows again and again constatly . And I even tried everything literally to forcefully stop the updates but nothing works . Also I updated all the drivers my gpc drivers nothing works when windows is updated .Can anyone help with this issue , like why is this happening and i cant stop these updates .

:)

yashkathe, Jan 3, 2021
  2. Rey Cam Win User

Performance drop in windows update.

Hi,

This erratic behavior of Windows 10 may have risen from the recent update itself. During updates,
    issues may arise from software changes, outdated drivers, conflicting
    programs,
    and sometimes update components that was not successfully completed.

You may run the Windows Update troubleshooter. By doing this we will be able to determine if the root cause of the issue and thereby fix it.

Kindly follow the steps below:

Note:
    If you select Save, you need to go to the folder where
    the troubleshooter is downloaded to. After the download is complete, double-click the latest
    wu.diagcabfile to run the troubleshooter.

• Select Next
      and follow the steps in the wizard to find and fix problems with Windows
      Update.

If you will be facing
    any issue while troubleshooting, please provide the outcome, so that we can resume working on your concern.

Rey Cam, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    Performance drop in windows update.

For Windows Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.248), getting the most recent KB update may resolve our concern. Kindly check
    February 13, 2018—KB4074588 (OS Build 16299.248). On this article, listed are various issues that may also be the reason
    why you are having a drop in your Windows performance. Instructions on how to get this latest update is found at the bottom part of the page.

It would also help resolve our concern if we know the specific OS Build.
    Kindly follow the steps belowto know it.

• Press
      Windows logo + I
      to open
      Settings.

• In the
      Settings window, choose System.

• then click on
      About.
      Under
      Windows specification page, you will see your exact OS Build.

Kindly post back and share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Jan 3, 2021
  4. John Vil Win User

Sudden performance drop, unable to download updates, reset and fresh install.

Hi,

There may be several reasons why you are experiencing a sudden drop in your system's performance. To better assist you and isolate what's causing this issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were there any hardware/software changes made on your computer prior to this happening?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried aside form the ones you mentioned above?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the System File Checker
    tool. This is a utility in Windows that will allow us to scan and repair for corruptions in your system files. Also, if you are trying to download or install available updates but couldn't, you may refer to this article and follow the steps on how to reset
    your Windows Update components: How do I reset Windows Update components?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows updates are causing a big issue and dropping the performance too much - Similar Threads - updates are causing

2. KB5028166‎ - is causing performance issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5028166‎ - is causing performance issue: Hi,KB5028166‎ - is causing performance issue.On some Win 10 installation frezees at 90% and it causes app/hardware performance issues.How to avoid installation?Is MS going to do something with that? Or as always they are testing updates on production :...
  3. System performance is too slow it takes too much time to get open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System performance is too slow it takes too much time to get open: Whenever i open power bi in my laptop it takes too much time to get open what should I do i am using the Intel Pentium quad core processor and 1tb HDD can someone help what should I do i am learning power bi but it make me sad while it takes too much time...
  4. System performance is too slow it takes too much time to get open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System performance is too slow it takes too much time to get open: Whenever i open power bi in my laptop it takes too much time to get open what should I do i am using the Intel Pentium quad core processor and 1tb HDD can someone help what should I do i am learning power bi but it make me sad while it takes too much time...
  5. System performance is too slow it takes too much time to get open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. KB5015807 Causing Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5015807 Causing Performance Issues: Hello,Since Patch Tuesday there have been many machines impacted with this updated. Users having to restart their machines 3+ times a day.Eventually the machine becomes unusable.. This then results in the whole machine freezing up.Everyone in the organisation has downloaded &...
  7. Activation issues and too much login

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation issues and too much login: I'm so tired of trying to rebuild computers and put Windows on them. I rebuild computers for people who don't have eight hundred dollars or more to spend on a new Surface. The problems start when I try activating Windows 10. Microsoft want far too much for a new activation...
  8. DWM.exe is utilizing too much GPU which is leading to serious frame drops and performance...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DWM.exe is utilizing too much GPU which is leading to serious frame drops and performance...: DWM.exe is utilizing too much GPU which is leading to serious frame drops and performance anchoring. i am experience such issues when i am playing games and i had recently discovered this issue when i was randomly exploring windows game bar. additionaly i had always...
  9. Update KB5001330 is causing too many issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB5001330 is causing too many issues: Hi,The windows security roll up update KB 5001330 is causing too many FPS drops and crashes across a lot of games and softwares I have been using. I am unable to uninstall it using DISM and WUSA, and dism list packages says it is 'pending install' so neither does it install...
  10. Windows update KB4551762 causes big issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update KB4551762 causes big issues: Hi, My computer has Windows updates enabled and thus he always tries to install back update KB4551762. The update causes the following issues: - no search bar in windows taskbar or any search bar in windows explorer is working, I cannot type - screen freezes very...