Windows 10: Windows Updates are infuriating enough to make me want to use a Mac

Discus and support Windows Updates are infuriating enough to make me want to use a Mac in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why when Windows 10 does a major update, do things stop working on my laptop?? I have been a constant Windows user since Windows 95 Why can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by reifHand, Mar 21, 2019.

1. reifHand Win User

Windows Updates are infuriating enough to make me want to use a Mac

Why when Windows 10 does a major update, do things stop working on my laptop??

I have been a constant Windows user since Windows 95

Why can't Microsoft update software without breaking ****!!!

I don't want to reinstall drivers or even worse sometimes, run SFC or get into regedit everytime Windows Windows does a major update

I have been using a iphone for 10 years now, every update on it is quick and painless, why is this never the case with Windows??? I used tolerate going and troubleshooting when things went wrong, now I am just downright frustrated that in 2019, I have to waste so much time keeping my laptop running how it came out of the factory.

2 examples

I have a Thinkpad x1 Carbon (priced about the same as a macbook pro) Everytime there is a major Windows update, the finger print sensor and Function F keys stop working and I need to go to Lenovos website and resinstall drivers for both.

I use Rane Serato Hardware with Serato (DJ music software) I have to reinstall drivers and Serato for the devices that connect to my laptop.

Microsoft - you are so big, so disconnected from your customers, hardware partners - everyone - Do you listen, or you still don't get it???

Make it work every time, not some of the time, I am using premium expensive hardware, I don't have the time or willpower to go and fix stuff in Windows and my software for needless and pointless updates for updates sake.

Cue the outrage, oh yes they say, its Lenovo's or Rane's fault - well no its not, because everything was working perfect up until that Windows Update!!

If I wanted to tweak or muck around all the time fixing operating system ****, I would buy a Raspberry PI or install Linux

Please respect your customers time, I use Windows to be productive.

:)

reifHand, Mar 21, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Mac OS X 10.4.6 Update Released

Apple has released the latest update from Mac OS X 10.4.5 to version 10.4.6 on both Intel-based Macs and PowerPC-based Macs. There are two ways to update to Mac OS X 10.4.6: Use Software Update or the standalone installer. This update offers many improvements, including:
    • 802.1X login authentication configurations created in Internet Connect can now be used at the Mac OS X login window, too.
    • You can now copy folders with files to an SMB-based server instead of only the folder being copied and this alert message appearing: "The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some of the items."
    • Improves iDisk (WebDAV file system) performance.
    • Resolves an issue in which Mail could unexpectedly quit when lowering the quote level within a reply message.
    • Resolves an issue that could cause Help Viewer to sometimes display a blank window.
    • Includes iSync 2.2 which provides support for additional mobile phones.
    Go to this page, for full issues list and additional information about the instalation.

Source: Apple

malware, Mar 21, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Apple Mac OS X 10.5.7 Update Released

Good news, Mac users, as it looks like Apple is kicking 10.5.7 update of Mac OS X Leopard. Apple recommends this update to all users running Mac OS X Leopard. This upgrade includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac. For detailed information on the update, please visit this website here. You can obtain the update from either the Software Update option found in your Apple menu, or from the links below:
    General
    • Includes latest security fixes.
    • Includes additional RAW image support for several third-party cameras.
    • Improves performance of video playback and cursor movements for recent Macs with NVIDIA graphics.
    • Resolves an issue with Dvorak keyboard layout in Mac OS X 10.5.6.
    • Improves the reliability and accuracy of Unit Converter, Stocks, Weather and Movies Dashboard widgets.
    • Addresses a situation that may cause issues when logging into Gmail.
    • Improves reliability when syncing contacts with Yahoo!.
    • Expansion Slot Utility for Mac Pro now reports the correct PCIe slot configuration.
    • Improves network performance when connected to certain Ethernet switches that have Flow Control enabled.
    • Improves stability for network home directories hosted by Mac OS X Server v10.4.
    • Improves Finder search results for network volumes that may not support Spotlight searching, such as Mac OS X Server v10.4, Time Capsule, and third-party AFP servers.
    • Includes several improvements to Directory Service and Client Management, which are described in the About Mac OS X Server 10.5.7 Update article.
    iCal
    • Improves overall reliability with CalDav.
    • Improves reliability when automatically syncing with MobileMe.
    Mail
    • Addresses reliability and sync issues with Notes.
    • Addresses an issue that may cause the BCC field to populate incorrectly when redirecting a message from the Sent mailbox.
    Parental Controls
    • Improves consistency with Parental Controls and application restrictions.
    • Addresses an issue in which time limits may not work properly with full-screen games and Fast User Switching.
    Printing
    • Resolves an issue that may cause certain third-party printers to print to the incorrect paper tray.
    • Non-admin user accounts can now be allowed to add and remove printers by enabling Parental Controls and selecting "Can administer printers".
    • Includes other printing reliability and stability improvements.
    Source: Neowin.net

malware, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Announcing January feature update 16.21 (19011500) for Office for Mac

Source: Announcing January feature update for Office for Mac Version - Microsoft Community

Brink, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Updates are infuriating enough to make me want to use a Mac - Similar Threads - Updates are infuriating

2. Silencing the Infuriating tones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silencing the Infuriating tones: How do I silence the Multi-Media two-tone up/two-tone down without silencing all Media- Since Loading Microsoft 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silencing-the-infuriating-tones/12713969-2b30-4f21-9f85-22ca39f8ef46
  3. Windows updates are making me sick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates are making me sick: So Windows 10 is great and stuff but during updates and "silent" updates my pc is becoming insanely slow. I can't use browser, steam, office. And then I have to wait for 10-30 minutes because suprise-suprise dear Microsoft, not everyone has ssd. So i'm just asking: is there...
  4. Making bootable usb from Mac is going to drive me insane

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making bootable usb from Mac is going to drive me insane: I’ve tried everything I could find at this point. Boot camp doesn’t work with external drives because that would make things too simple. I thought I had it with unetbootin but install.win is too big for fat32 and my pc doesn’t support exfat because that would make things too...
  5. Want make space for update in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Want make space for update in windows 10: I want free up the space for Windows 10 update when I try to update it give me error that there is no space for update like that error I get https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-make-space-for-update-in-windows-10/d70bcb6e-ddad-4a57-b701-48058ac7f294
  6. Want make space for update in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Want make space for update in windows 10: I want free up the space for Windows 10 update when I try to update it give me error that there is no space for update like that error I get https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-make-space-for-update-in-windows-10/3efc0d6f-a29f-4513-937b-97a871528202
  7. want to download game on Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    want to download game on Mac: I have Minecraft on PS4 and want to download on my Mac without purchasing it again. How do I do that if possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-download-game-on-mac/b92b8a2f-0df6-4b8f-a0e2-154483e20c6e
  8. Infuriating Screen Time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Infuriating Screen Time: I have a huge issue with Screen Time not working correctly. I have my 12 year old sons laptop locked down so he can only logon between 9am-4pm weekdays. Huge issues with him getting up at 2,3,4,5am and logging on that led to this. The issue i have is screen time either turns...
  9. Mac to Windows - Help Me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mac to Windows - Help Me: I am buying a new Windows PC (Dell XPS 15) and I have questions about what drivers and BIOS are and how I know if I need to install and/or update one. I am coming from a MacBook Pro and I’m not that tech savvy. I simply want to know when I know if I need a driver update or...
  10. The new update is mildly infuriating - FEATURE REQUEST

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The new update is mildly infuriating - FEATURE REQUEST: Hello, I just updated windows and found out that the design has changed a bit and there are changes to the design and new features. That's great but one detail stands out that is inconvenient for me. In notification area the "Connect" button used to be the last in the list...