Windows 10: Windows updates are killing my pc

Discus and support Windows updates are killing my pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not only it takes forever it goes on a restart loop. I somehow found a way to reset it. This has been happening every time I update. I even turned off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/varman13, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Windows updates are killing my pc

Not only it takes forever it goes on a restart loop. I somehow found a way to reset it. This has been happening every time I update. I even turned off auto update but windows still forces the update somehow.

submitted by /u/varman13
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/varman13, Sep 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 killed my pc!

Hi Mike,

From the information you have provided, we're not sure if Windows logged in successfully after the upgrade. If Windows had gone to a black screen even before logging in to your user profile, we would have access to limited tools to troubleshoot this issue.
    So I would suggest you try these steps and check if they help:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
      • If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps PowerShell command in

• If this does not work, use File, Run new task in Task Manager to start an Administrator CMD window. Use this to create a new administrator user with the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of the customer’s choosing):

net user test <password> /add

net localgroup Administrators test /add
    • This will give you a test user to try, which will confirm if the issue is user or system-specific.

If the above steps didn't help, then I would suggest you try the following steps and check:

• Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:
      • To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    • Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.
      • Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Bennet Martin, Sep 16, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    win10 update kb4541335 killing my pc?

May I respectfully suggest that, instead of presuming that this update is killing your PC, you instead consider what may be wrong with your PC that prevents an update which installs successfully for the great majority from installing on your PC.

BulldogXX, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Davidk03 Win User

Windows updates are killing my pc

Windows update and killing the network adapter

My update list shows KB4338818 waiting, and the more info lists this update as having an issue which kills the network adapter.

So, why would anyone elect to install this KB knowing it will kill the internet? Right now, for that issue alone, this KB item is not installed on my PC.

There are (manual) workarounds listed, and therefore why hasn't MS embodied them in the KB so this issue just "isn't there"?

Davidk03, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows updates are killing my pc

1. Windows updates are killing my pc - Similar Threads - updates are killing

2. The last update of windows 10 killed my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The last update of windows 10 killed my pc: Hi all, on 15 July 2023 Microsoft updated my Windows 10 PC I set it with target 22H2 from quite some time. After its switch off the PC did not restart. I just got a black screen with shell> prompt Clearly it does not reboot. I am extremely angry since I have no time to waste...
  3. The last update of windows 10 killed my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The last update of windows 10 killed my pc: Hi all, on 15 July 2023 Microsoft updated my Windows 10 PC I set it with target 22H2 from quite some time. After its switch off the PC did not restart. I just got a black screen with shell> prompt Clearly it does not reboot. I am extremely angry since I have no time to waste...
  4. Windows 11 Update killed my new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update killed my new PC: I got a new PC preloaded with Windows 11. It worked fine out of the box yesterday. Today, it auto installed updates and now it is a literal brick. I have zero input because all usb ports are dead. I can’t even get it to boot up in recovery mode. I can get to the Recovery...
  5. Windows 11 Update killed my new PC

Windows 11 Update killed my new PC: I got a new PC preloaded with Windows 11. It worked fine out of the box yesterday. Today, it auto installed updates and now it is a literal brick. I have zero input because all usb ports are dead. I can’t even get it to boot up in recovery mode. I can get to the Recovery...
  6. Windows 11 Update killed my new PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 11 Update killed my new PC: I got a new PC preloaded with Windows 11. It worked fine out of the box yesterday. Today, it auto installed updates and now it is a literal brick. I have zero input because all usb ports are dead. I can’t even get it to boot up in recovery mode. I am bumfuzzled. Hoe can I...
  7. Latest update killed my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update killed my PC: Yesterday before going to sleep I applied the latest update via "Update and shut down". This morning my PC is dead. The fans spin, and some mood lights are on, but it doesn't give any video output on any port, GPU or MB. There's literally no other explanation than the update....
  8. Latest update killed my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update killed my PC: Yesterday before going to sleep I applied the latest update via "Update and shut down". This morning my PC is dead. The fans spin, and some mood lights are on, but it doesn't give any video output on any port, GPU or MB. There's literally no other explanation than the update....
  9. Latest update killed my PC

10. Newest windows 10 update killed my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Newest windows 10 update killed my pc: I just downloaded the newest update for windows 10 on my PC and now all I can do is sign in and then my computer screen goes black and then it does nothing else. I did manage to get the task master to open and it says no programs running. Most of the time the curser is frozen...