Windows 10: Windows updates are making me sick

Discus and support Windows updates are making me sick in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So Windows 10 is great and stuff but during updates and "silent" updates my pc is becoming insanely slow. I can't use browser, steam, office. And then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlexSpudinov, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Windows updates are making me sick

So Windows 10 is great and stuff but during updates and "silent" updates my pc is becoming insanely slow. I can't use browser, steam, office. And then I have to wait for 10-30 minutes because suprise-suprise dear Microsoft, not everyone has ssd. So i'm just asking: is there anything i can do to permanently disable windows update like for good. It's doing nothing but adding more spyware anyways. I tried DWS, didn't work out, windows is updating right now. I tried disabling them via services.msg, they are just coming back with another super useful feature like updating webcam and microphone spy

:)

AlexSpudinov, Nov 24, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 24, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows updates are making me sick :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 24, 2021
  4. hellrazor Win User

Windows updates are making me sick

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows updates are making me sick

1. Windows updates are making me sick - Similar Threads - updates are making

2. I am sick of useless updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am sick of useless updates: everytime i try to update my w10 its basically crashes for no good reason and i have to wait quite some time just so it can re erase every update made..I can't even start my computer bcs of this.ABSOLUTELY SICK AND USELESS Plus to this i did everything to delete Skype...
  3. Sick of Windows update making my PC completely unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sick of Windows update making my PC completely unusable: Hi there. So I have my update settings to happen when the PC is inactive, but every couple-few weeks, when I suppose it's preparing and downloading a future update, my PC cannot even do basic functions. It takes a good minute+ to open a new webpage, or even task manager. A...
  4. Sick of Windows update making my PC completely unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sick of Windows update making my PC completely unusable: Hi there. So I have my update settings to happen when the PC is inactive, but every couple-few weeks, when I suppose it's preparing and downloading a future update, my PC cannot even do basic functions. It takes a good minute+ to open a new webpage, or even task manager. A...
  5. Sick of Windows update making my PC completely unusable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. sick of the latest update

sick of the latest update: ive traeled the internet for months trying to get my bluetooth to work again , every suggestion these volunteers answering on here dont have a clue sending people in circles . to make it 110% clear microsoft disabled bluetooth in the last update claiming it was down to...
  7. Windows 10 is making me sick

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is making me sick: I currently have a Dell inspiron n4010 it came brand new with windows 7 installed. I upgraded it to windows 10 back in dec 2018 then updated it in april. Didnt used it again until this week. The wifi option is gone the driver Is missing on the listed drivers it only comes up...
  8. hey my update is making me sick

hey my update is making me sick: hello so ibought a new pc and it was running win 10 when i went to download update it installled other update but not the 1803 verison. and when i downloaded the fall creatores update my system restarted and working on update sudduly it restarted the third time this it...
  9. Sick of It

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sick of It: I have been working with PCs since the 8086 ... I have been through MsDoS (all versions) as well as Windows since 3.11 for workgroups ... it seems as though MS has not been able to get it right since MsDoS 4.0 ... anyone remember the parity errors? Anyone remember all the...
  10. Sick of ads

in Windows 10 Support
    Sick of ads: Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to get rid of these stupid ads. I've got all notifications OFF and I still get these @#(*^%$ ads. I did a search and basically they talk about getting rid of ads from browsers. 101172