Windows 10: Windows updates are not updating but says it's up to date

Discus and support Windows updates are not updating but says it's up to date in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I checked my updates in View updates, there are no updates listed but in settings it says my system is up to date, This is on a 10049 updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by brummyfan, Apr 2, 2015.

1. brummyfan Win User

Windows updates are not updating but says it's up to date

When I checked my updates in View updates, there are no updates listed but in settings it says my system is up to date,
    This is on a 10049 updated from 10041, apart from this it works reasonably well.

Windows updates are not updating but says it's up to date [​IMG]

:)

brummyfan, Apr 2, 2015

2. E61, Updater says it's up to date, but it's not!

from the testing i have done, it seems like the firmware for our product code 0538289 is not available... if anyone has any further info on this can you post here... i am going to phone my local nokia office tomorrow to see when it might be coming out..

how long has product code 0538289 been shipping?

does anyone know?

also how old is the firmware version we are using....

i have heard some people say they got it to work but i doubt they are using e61 product code 0538289

rgds

ingen---01, Apr 2, 2015
  3. E61, Updater says it's up to date, but it's not!

are you sure Ray? I just need to be sure it will eventually come out, and not be stuck with this Firmware forever, so everybody can confirm this is a legit code phone? It's not something that was bought from a service provider and re-flashed?

I read somewhere that's what some sellers do, they buy a leftover batch from providers, for example Orange, and then they re-flash the software to make it seem it's an unlocked phone, now when you wanna upgrade it, the updater says there is no update, because
    that code belongs to the batch of phones that Orange owns and they don't allow upgrades unless you do it through them, are we dealing with this case or are we safe?

Ingen, I too purchased my E61 from Expansys, same specs as yours, let's hope that our batch just happens to be so new that the Updater isn't recognizing it for the time being. The plus side, it's Made in Finland
    Message Edited by on 18-Oct-2006

08:16 PM

jericho2550, Apr 2, 2015
  4. adamf Win User

You are looking in (mostly) the wrong place - you need to look within the settings app - in your top picture click on Advanced options then View your update history . They are drifting slowly there (although I seem to still have a couple in the old place).

adamf, Apr 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows updates are not updating but says it's up to date - Similar Threads - updates are updating

2. Windows Update says I am up to date but isn't.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update says I am up to date but isn't.: My windows 11 home 21h2 build 22000.556The new task manager is not available, meanwhile the old one is still here. The startmenu folders aren't also. I do reguralrly click Check for updates but it everytime says You're up to date.HELP...
  3. Windows Update says I am up to date but isn't.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update says I am up to date but isn't.: My windows 11 home 21h2 build 22000.556The new task manager is not available, meanwhile the old one is still here. The startmenu folders aren't also. I do reguralrly click Check for updates but it everytime says You're up to date.HELP...
  4. Updates not up to date, yet laptop is saying it is?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates not up to date, yet laptop is saying it is?: Hey, so basically I got this laptop around 2017 and I ended up not using it for years because this thing got a lot of viruses on it, and I ended up forgetting the password. Yesterday I found the password and factory reset it, I've updated it but its pretty clear it's not...
  5. Updates not up to date, yet laptop is saying it is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates not up to date, yet laptop is saying it is?: Hey, so basically I got this laptop around 2017 and I ended up not using it for years because this thing got a lot of viruses on it, and I ended up forgetting the password. Yesterday I found the password and factory reset it, I've updated it but its pretty clear it's not...
  6. Updates not up to date, yet laptop is saying it is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. windows update says im up to date but im not downloading any updates

windows update says im up to date but im not downloading any updates: windows update says im up to date but im not downloading any updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-says-im-up-to-date-but-im-not/b7936865-2817-460f-8039-77dd48216bcb
  8. Updates- up to date or not?

Updates- up to date or not?: Hi. Maybe a small not small? problem here. My Windows was doing a Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus but the installation failed I think because I turned off my laptop while it was doing that... stupid I know, but I didn't know that's ill-advised...
  9. Windows 10 fails to update -- yet says it is up to date

Windows 10 fails to update -- yet says it is up to date: My Windows 10 is saying it is up to date yet it tells me it is still on version 1803. When I check update history, it says "1809 require a restart to finish installing" yet doesn't install on restart. 1903 failed to install probably because I haven't been able to upgrade it...
  10. Windows Update not updated since Sept 12. Keeps saying it is up to date.

Windows Update not updated since Sept 12. Keeps saying it is up to date.: Successfully update is 10.0.17744.1004. Failed update is 10.0.17754.1. (rs5_release). Other failed updates are Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 (KB 890830) 9/12/18. Definition update for Windows Defender Antivirus (KB2267602 - Definition 1.279.292.0). Update...