Windows 10: Windows updates at wrong times, and never stops updating either, a back door for 39087

Discus and support Windows updates at wrong times, and never stops updating either, a back door for 39087 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Whenever i boot the PC it begins running updates ...* THIS IS WRONG BECAUSE THE SCHEDULE IN SETTINGS SAYS TO RUN UPDATES ONLY DURING PREFERRED HOURS*... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by John Hendrickson 22030, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Windows updates at wrong times, and never stops updating either, a back door for 39087

Whenever i boot the PC it begins running updates ...* THIS IS WRONG BECAUSE THE SCHEDULE IN SETTINGS SAYS TO RUN UPDATES ONLY DURING PREFERRED HOURS* THIS IS WRONG BECAUSE I LOAD A STEAM GAME AS SOON AS MY PC BOOTS: Settings -> XBOX AND WIN10 are default that windows will not deliver notifications during games it *&# does anyway, killing games and runs updates during games killing *#*& game performance.Settings -> sleep is no longer honored. on my win10 usb fresh install old version, PC would update then sleep - it had a bug where when done it would never actually p

:)

John Hendrickson 22030, Jun 11, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 11, 2021
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows updates at wrong times, and never stops updating either, a back door for 39087

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows updates at wrong times, and never stops updating either, a back door for 39087

1. Windows updates at wrong times, and never stops updating either, a back door for 39087 - Similar Threads - updates wrong times

2. Store updates never stop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store updates never stop: I got plenty of apps that I cant play or use anymore so I check my library in store and found out that I need to update them. When I update it got updated then I restart the computer and still cant use my apps. I checked the library again and still have updates on the Store....
  3. Store updates never stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store updates never stop: I got plenty of apps that I cant play or use anymore so I check my library in store and found out that I need to update them. When I update it got updated then I restart the computer and still cant use my apps. I checked the library again and still have updates on the Store....
  4. Store updates never stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. updating never stops

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    updating never stops: I have Windows 10 and on my MS Store all applications keeps on updating. I cant open them since its running its updates however it never finish. I have this update for a day since yesterday. I need to use application. How can I finish updates? I am connected with LAN...
  6. Windows 10 never stop updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 never stop updating: To the point I had to block updates altogether unless I never want to use my pc. It keeps downloading, installing and downloading again a set of updates and never stops. It consumes the band and the pc becomes useless.Last two weeks I could work because I manually deactivated...
  7. Windows 10 Updates never updates?

Windows 10 Updates never updates?: Hi, Im running Windows 10 home, version 1709 Anytime i get an update and restart,it never updates? Ive added an image of the 2 updates they always fail. Ive tried several things, clean boot ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and chkdsk Disabled...
  8. Windows Never Updates. Always Reverts Back to 1709

Windows Never Updates. Always Reverts Back to 1709: Hello I've been having a really hard time with Windows updates. It seems my computer has been on 1709 for the longest time and it won't update to 1803 or 1809. I keep getting updates for 1709 and they are working but I always have popups and interruptions for 1803 and 1809...
  9. Windows Security last update time wrong

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security last update time wrong: Hello. Windows 10 (1809 17763.316) Windows Security's Last Update time is shown as the GMT + my time zone time difference, which is 8 hours, thus the time shown is always 8 hours plus. Reliability Monitor shows times correctly. Has been like this for at least 2 months. 128077
  10. hacks, relays, and back doors

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hacks, relays, and back doors: A week or so ago, I started having problems getting online. Everything bogged down after about an hour or less. No Roku, no access from either laptop. It finally got bad enough that I called my ISP and requested tech support. They sent out a tech after going through a few...