Windows 10: Windows Updates auto restart

Discus and support Windows Updates auto restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 machine running windows server 2016 essentials. I have a update that is pending restart outside active hours. I want to deactivate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AWoods1, Jun 21, 2019.

1. AWoods1 Win User

Windows Updates auto restart

I have a windows 10 machine running windows server 2016 essentials. I have a update that is pending restart outside active hours. I want to deactivate this and only restart when I tell it too. Can you help me with the settings I need to change.

:)

AWoods1, Jun 21, 2019

2. auto trivia restart script?

I know everyone is so busy here so I'm suggesting an auto restart script so trivia is a benefit instead of a burden. Can anyone make this script?

vectoravtech, Jun 21, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Updates auto restart :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Windows Updates auto restart

Windows 10 auto restarts

"Between all suggestions, including the one there, there is nothing that has worked." I hate to sound reduntant but I just had to repeat myself since it still applies.
    An additional factore that may have bearing is that at some point my system converted to trying to boot off of my external drive if it is plugged in. Nothing has worked in attempting to resolve that issue either. As I said it may or may not have a bearing on the restart issue.*sarc

bobsscgirl, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows Updates auto restart

1. Windows Updates auto restart - Similar Threads - Updates auto restart

2. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto restart after update: Hello everyoneI am more than fed up with automatic updates and especially the restart that follows !!Each time and despite the hours of activity chosen, I lose all my unsafe work and the current processes that cannot be taken up... !At least I would like that the restart does...
  3. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto restart after update: Hello everyoneI am more than fed up with automatic updates and especially the restart that follows !!Each time and despite the hours of activity chosen, I lose all my unsafe work and the current processes that cannot be taken up... !At least I would like that the restart does...
  4. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?: Please instruct on how to permanently disable auto-update and restart for lab pc which needs to stay on unless told otherwise, operating system is Windows 10? I have tried other solutions which only worked partially or temporarily....
  6. Auto restarts-

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto restarts-: During various games my computer automatically shuts down and restarts. Most frustrating. How do I fix that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-restarts/497c5868-a3f6-45b9-87ec-e6759a941f68
  7. auto restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    auto restarts: just curious, can windows update automatically reboot the system? reason l ask is l somehow nodded off lol and when l woke up l was met with the login screen rather than my desktop with my usual apps open. went through the event logs but didnt really see any issues, though l...
  8. Auto restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto restart?: I don't mean just a scheduled restart, but a scheduled restart that, when finished, goes straight to the desktop. Do I need to create a new user without a password or something else? submitted by /u/Ju1c3_ [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 Auto Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Auto Restart: I have Windows 10 1909 x64. My computer auto restart sometimes while i'm in Windows but almost never in games. No BSOD, just restart. Can be overclocked RAM cause? 152757
  10. windows update auto restarting even if disabled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update auto restarting even if disabled: My PC is auto restarting after an automatic windows update, even if the task (in task scheduler) "reboot" is disabled (under "Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator"). Even if that task is disabled, it is running. I see "Last Run Time" is "2019-09-11". How to trully disable...