Windows 10: Windows updates BIOS ?

Discus and support Windows updates BIOS ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Question : can or could it be that Windows updates my BIOS ?When I re-install Windows, I go to the BIOS to set my USB key to boot from,Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TV_352, Nov 26, 2022.

1. TV_352 Win User

Windows updates BIOS ?

Question : can or could it be that Windows updates my BIOS ?When I re-install Windows, I go to the BIOS to set my USB key to boot from,Windows installs, but then when I restart Windows - and leave the USB key - it doesn't mention anything, just as if the key is not there.It shoud start re-installing again, right ?So, when I want to boot from USB again, I must go to BIOS and change the boot order again.So, conclusion: Windows is updating my BIOS.I thought that was not possible ...Or, what is going on ?

:)

TV_352, Nov 26, 2022
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Nov 26, 2022
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Nov 26, 2022
  4. Windows updates BIOS ?

Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

Windows updates BIOS ?

1. Windows updates BIOS ? - Similar Threads - updates BIOS

2. Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?: USB shortcut virus and BIOS update. My Flashdrive port has a virus which creates a shortcut to folders whenever I insert a USB, I already watched a couple of videos on how to fix this but I also need to update my bios due to another problem on my pc....
  3. Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?: USB shortcut virus and BIOS update. My Flashdrive port has a virus which creates a shortcut to folders whenever I insert a USB, I already watched a couple of videos on how to fix this but I also need to update my bios due to another problem on my pc....
  4. Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. how do i update my bios for a new intel cpu on the hp victus 15l gaming desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i update my bios for a new intel cpu on the hp victus 15l gaming desktop: so i just bought this i7-13700k for my gaming pc and i heard you have to update bios/drivers before adding a new cpu and im kinda new with computers so im wondering if i have to do any or not.. and if so can i get some help?...
  6. how do i update my bios for a new intel cpu on the hp victus 15l gaming desktop

how do i update my bios for a new intel cpu on the hp victus 15l gaming desktop: so i just bought this i7-13700k for my gaming pc and i heard you have to update bios/drivers before adding a new cpu and im kinda new with computers so im wondering if i have to do any or not.. and if so can i get some help?...
  7. Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. I got an automatic BIOS update on my HP laptop months ago, and recently my CMOS was likely messed up. Someone said that trying to upgrade with a...
  8. Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?

Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. I got an automatic BIOS update on my HP laptop months ago, and recently my CMOS was likely messed up. Someone said that trying to upgrade with a...
  9. Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. "Seeking Help: BIOS Update Disrupted HP ProBook Functionality"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Seeking Help: BIOS Update Disrupted HP ProBook Functionality": "Hello! I'm currently using an HP ProBook, and I recently received a BIOS update for my laptop. However, after successfully completing the update, I encountered an issue with my fn-key functionality. Previously, the fn-key would control various functions like adjusting...