Windows 10: Windows updates blocked chrome, vm, remote connection,etc.. PLEASE HELP

Discus and support Windows updates blocked chrome, vm, remote connection,etc.. PLEASE HELP in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm a college student who is currently taking an operating system class. I use a virtual machine(vagrant) to store my code and I haven't pushed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Howie_Zhu, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Howie_Zhu Win User

Windows updates blocked chrome, vm, remote connection,etc.. PLEASE HELP

Hi,

I'm a college student who is currently taking an operating system class. I use a virtual machine(vagrant) to store my code and I haven't pushed to git. I code for three days while after the updates I can't vagrant up.

Problems:

1. Can't vagrant up, (I turned off Hyper V already, since for some problems I can't use vagrant when Hyper V is up)

C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/2.2.5/gems/vagrant-2.2.5/lib/vagrant/util/is_port_open.rb:21:in `initialize': The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized. - socket(2) for "127.0.0.1" port 2222 (Errno::E10106)
    2. Can't use chrome

3. Can't open Atom

4. Can't use remote connection

5. Can't get my computer back to the previous version, need to reset everything.

I store my code in virtual machine and I really don't want to reset my computer since it takes me hours to set the environment and write my homework. I have disabled updates right after I found out the problem.

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks!

:)

Howie_Zhu, Jul 10, 2019

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 10, 2019
  3. mlee49 Win User
    help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

mlee49, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Thema:

1. Windows updates blocked chrome, vm, remote connection,etc.. PLEASE HELP - Similar Threads - updates blocked chrome

2. Please help, downloads are blocked!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help, downloads are blocked!: Whenever i try to download anything from file to image off of any browser chrome, firefox, explorer etc... it always comes up with "Failed - Blocked". I searched around and found this code that i put into command prompt "net user administrator /active:yes" then i signed into...
  3. Please help, downloads are blocked!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help, downloads are blocked!: Whenever i try to download anything from file to image off of any browser chrome, firefox, explorer etc... it always comes up with "Failed - Blocked". I searched around and found this code that i put into command prompt "net user administrator /active:yes" then i signed into...
  4. Please help, downloads are blocked!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Remote connection with controller help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote connection with controller help: Is there a way to connect a DualShock 4 ps4 controller to my iPad Air, and then use it to control my PC when I remotely connect to it? submitted by /u/nckgrock [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mjxgjb/remote_connection_with_controller_help/
  6. Remote Desktop connection to Hyper-V Android VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop connection to Hyper-V Android VM: I have an Android 8 virtual machine running in Hyper-V on Windows 10. However I am unable to get sound working on the Android VM. I have tried absolutely everything I could find on google with no success. Some write ups say I must connect to the VM through RDP instead of...
  7. Help with Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with Remote Desktop Connection: I can RDP to my computer name - MAIN-PC from within the LAN. I use microsoft account to logon normally. I can RDP to the MAIN-PC computer from WAN but got the "remote desktop connection your credentials did not work" error. I know the password and the logon name is correct...
  8. Chrome help please!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome help please!!!!: I have searched online, but its not working. I use google chrome on my HP laptop. This afternoon when I went on, It opened for about 2 seconds. I saw the my etensions and the search bar, but after 1-2 seconds it just force closes the app. I have tried restarting my computer...
  9. Help with remote desktop connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with remote desktop connecting: I am setting up my work computer so I can remote log in from home & work from home. I have everything set up & working via the built in remote desktop app on my laptop however the issue I am having is when I remote in the computer I am remoting into gets logged out which is...
  10. chrome blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chrome blocked: I cannot get pictures that were downloaded,says chrome blocked on this computer.Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-blocked/07a68572-b5a0-488e-8c9e-d3f29797a1aa"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update blocked google chrome