Windows 10: Windows updates broke my mapped NAS drive connections - network path was not found....

Discus and support Windows updates broke my mapped NAS drive connections - network path was not found.... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; for months, every time windows updates, i lose access to my mapped NAS drives ("network path was not found. connection has not been restored"). so, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by davidicusx, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Windows updates broke my mapped NAS drive connections - network path was not found....

for months, every time windows updates, i lose access to my mapped NAS drives ("network path was not found. connection has not been restored").

so, i uninstall the update every week, but this is a pain, and probably hurts security.

i just had my second support session with microsoft, and the technician just did a simple system restore (which i could have done), but the problem persists.

surely there's a real fix?

***Original Title: Windows updates broke my mapped NAS drive connections***

:)

davidicusx, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Elizabeth Win User

HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS

Windows 10 rightly considers your NAS as a "device" not a "folder" . You can map shares on an NAS because these are folders, but you cannot (and never have been able to) map devices to a drive letter. P&P and USB devices and those that are part of your system (such as a DVD drive) are mapped automatically.

Elizabeth, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Phreshboy Win User
    HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS

Going to make this short and to the point.

I am on windows 10, tried to map my NAS using map network drive but says "Windows cannot access \\Nas102
    check spelling or might be problem with your network. Next, I tried to map a specific folder inside Nas102 and it worked! For example \\Nas102\Music

I also tried to make a fake folder name and map that for example, \\Nas102\FakeFolder
    and the error said check spelling of "fakefolder" Nas102 was detected but not the fakefolder.

So, I need help trying to connect to the whole NAS instead of just mapping individual folders inside of the NAS.
    Any help would be appreciated...Thank you in advance.

Phreshboy, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Windows updates broke my mapped NAS drive connections - network path was not found....

Mapping network devices such as NAS drives.

Dear Support,

I am having a massive problem with finding NAS devices on my network so I map them as network drives.

I had not changed any network configurations, but now I do not see my NAS drives in the list under "Network", nor can I map my NAS drives.

My previous mappings are fine and work OK. However, even the drives that were previously mapped that work OK do not appear in the list for the options of mapping network drives now.

I am running Win 10 latest version on an Intel 7th gen CPU, wired Ethernet.

I have checked to see that all my firmware is up to date, including router, NAS, network driver. I have checked that sharing is on, and turned off firewalls, made my network type private. I have searched every forum and technical note, and tried every video
    out there, but I am at the end of my tether with this problem.

The problem seemed to occur after updating Windows. Everything was working fine before, completely flawlessly.

I am basically now completely fed up with the situation, and my only option left is to move all my computers to Linux. The problem has basically cut off access to data I need to work and is costing me money and time. I basically just want to cry as there
    is no solution anywhere that I find. The Windows update has broken my network.

If anyone has any answers, please let me know.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Kind regards, Ben.

Ben_Santos, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows updates broke my mapped NAS drive connections - network path was not found....

1. Windows updates broke my mapped NAS drive connections - network path was not found.... - Similar Threads - updates broke mapped

2. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives: I can no longer access NAS devices. I have 2 NAS: Synology DS420+ and WDEX4100, that I have been using for several years, mapped to Y and Z respectively. A couple days ago, I lost connectivity. Came in to my office in the morning and the drives were gone from File Explorer. I...
  3. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives: I can no longer access NAS devices. I have 2 NAS: Synology DS420+ and WDEX4100, that I have been using for several years, mapped to Y and Z respectively. A couple days ago, I lost connectivity. Came in to my office in the morning and the drives were gone from File Explorer. I...
  4. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mapping and saving a path to network drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping and saving a path to network drives: Windows ver. 1909 I use a program called MyFolders. It creates a Right click menu option in File Explorer that then allows you to map a path to and save that mapped path to any external drive or other computer on your network. It appears this program has some fatal flaws...
  6. Map NAS Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Map NAS Drive: I just purchased a new computer and would like to map my NAS drive. I was able to do this with my old computer but for some reason, the NAS does not show up as a computer on the new one. I can see the NAS drive as a media and other device but cannot map the drive from here....
  7. Windows updates bork my mapped NAS drive connections

Windows updates bork my mapped NAS drive connections: for months, every time windows updates, i lose access to my mapped NAS drives ("network path was not found. connection has not been restored"). so, i uninstall the update every week, but this is a pain, and probably hurts security. i just had my second support session with...
  8. Cannot connect to network drives - network path not found!

Cannot connect to network drives - network path not found!: This is a really infuriating problem that I just can’t get my head around! I have 2 win10 pcs and one WDigital network drive all wired together by Ethernet via an Asus AC68u. Pc 1 can read and write to the network drive and can read and write files to pc 2 pc2 can read and...
  9. HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS

HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS: Going to make this short and to the point. I am on windows 10, tried to map my NAS using map network drive but says "Windows cannot access \\Nas102 check spelling or might be problem with your network. Next, I tried to map a specific folder inside Nas102 and it worked!...
  10. Delay, cannot connect to network path on my NAS

Delay, cannot connect to network path on my NAS: I have a Windows 10 Pro 64bit box as my NAS Storage Spaces, ReFS, 2 drives mirrored HomeGroup HDD sleep on idle Hibernate/Sleep disabled My problem is when I typically save or open a file with the Windows file dialog on any Windows 10 machine, and I try to go to that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 ver1909 cannot connect to nas drive