Windows 10: Windows Updates bypassing SCCM

Discus and support Windows Updates bypassing SCCM in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We have SCCM in our environment and machines that are managed by SCCM are going out to the internet to pull updates. How can we stop this? 90909 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MadKovalchuk17, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Windows Updates bypassing SCCM

We have SCCM in our environment and machines that are managed by SCCM are going out to the internet to pull updates. How can we stop this?

:)

MadKovalchuk17, Aug 8, 2017

2. 2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4058258) - Error 0x80073715

Hi,

we're doing some test on upgrading the Windows 10 version from 1703 to 1709. this will be pushed via SCCM. unfortunately on SCCM windows 10 update we're getting same error. that's why we're trying to run it manually to find out whats the reason behind it.
    even the older build gets the same error message if we upgrade to one up higher. Windows update is disabled and we're using SCCM to push updates. but we want to push the feature via sccm package. thank you.

Karl Blanco, Aug 8, 2017
  3. SCCM 2012 SP Supports SP1

Hi All,

We are managing the environment with SCCM 2012 with SP1. I got a request to try installing SCCM 2012 client to Windows 10 machines. Initially when i tried it was failed. But i have excluded the pre-req Windowsupdateagent30 and the client got installed successfully
    and replicating back to SCCM 2012 SP1. I am able to install the package and updates without any issues. Now the question is, Will there be any issue when we try to upgrade from SCCM 2012 to 1511 from server and client end? What would be the impacts and disadvantages
    of using SCCM 2012 SP1 with Windows 10?? Please kindly help to get a solution for the same.

vengadassalamyouvaraj, Aug 8, 2017
Thema:

Windows Updates bypassing SCCM

1. Windows Updates bypassing SCCM - Similar Threads - Updates bypassing SCCM

2. SCCM reports Windows 11 workstations as Windows 10. Can MECM / SCCM be updated to report...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCCM reports Windows 11 workstations as Windows 10. Can MECM / SCCM be updated to report...: In MECM console version 5.2207.1048.1700, when I go to the properties of the computer or try to produce a report for the PC`s OS, there is no option to see Windows 11 PCs. They all show up as Windows 10 PCs.I understand this is by design to keep the software compatible...
  3. SCCM reports Windows 11 workstations as Windows 10. Can MECM / SCCM be updated to report...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SCCM reports Windows 11 workstations as Windows 10. Can MECM / SCCM be updated to report...: In MECM console version 5.2207.1048.1700, when I go to the properties of the computer or try to produce a report for the PC`s OS, there is no option to see Windows 11 PCs. They all show up as Windows 10 PCs.I understand this is by design to keep the software compatible...
  4. sccm

in Windows 10 Customization
    sccm: Hi guys,When I install SCCM in VMware 17 and want to run it, I face error 1602 " Unable to connect to the VMM management server localhost. The virtual Machine Manager service on that server did not respond . What's the best resolution?Sincerely,David* Moved from Insider...
  5. SCCM UPDATES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SCCM UPDATES: Computers updated through SCCM with wsus. Ran test on computer and ran updates from microsoft update after sccm updates for this month. KB4023057 was not installed. Went to software updates in sccm and searched for update not included Checked with KB article under Wsus and it...
  6. SCCM 2019

SCCM 2019: Hi all,How to create a device collection to know how many workstations have an application called CBT.exe regardless of the version?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sccm-2019/2070b563-af26-4fee-aa71-0ea7cd932d96
  7. SCCM and USMT

SCCM and USMT: Have just succeeded in setting up a State migration point on our SCCM and after that got USMT to make user profile backup and restore on the reinstalled PC.According to the log everything is OK and User data and desktop is there but hardly anything else , not even my Edge...
  8. SCCM updates vs automatic updates

SCCM updates vs automatic updates: Hello,When I have setup SCCM MECM Software Updates Site, do I need to create some GPOs or other configurations on Clients to download updates ONLY from SCCM and not from Internet/automatic updates?Thanks,Ivan...
  9. SCCM

SCCM: ======= ======= DeploymentSoftware CenterBITShang bits queue ====== ======· ServicesBITS · <ProgramData>\Microsoft\Network\Downloader · BITS bitsadmin /list /allusers bits...
  10. Bypass WSUS for Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bypass WSUS for Windows 10 Updates?: My computer is on an AD domain and we have a WSUS server serving updates. However only certain categories of updates are auto approved so typically what I used to do with windows 7 is every once in a while click "Check for updates from microsoft" and this would bypass WSUS...