Windows 10: Windows updates can't install KB4480966, KB4100347, can't update display driver

Discus and support Windows updates can't install KB4480966, KB4100347, can't update display driver in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So last week I turned my computer on and suddenly the resolution was all messed up and my external monitor wasn't working. Looking at Device Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dB7Y1gch6h, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Windows updates can't install KB4480966, KB4100347, can't update display driver

So last week I turned my computer on and suddenly the resolution was all messed up and my external monitor wasn't working. Looking at Device Manager for my NVIDIA GeForce GT 730, it lists the device status as:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Path Not Found}
    The path %hs does not exist.

Going to Windows Update, it shows an Install error on the driver update: 0x800703f1. This error shows on two other updates as well, both Realtek.

From there I discovered that KB4480966 and KB4100347 keep installing, then failing to install on reboot. Then they're rolled back and the next time I go to Windows Update, it tries to install them again.

Now I have done lots of Googling and tried everything. Some of it led me to a point where Windows would no longer start, so I had to revert to a restore point that unfortunately is not from before this issue existed.

I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, which finds a problem with the Windows Update Database, but is unable to fix it.

I have tried sfc, I have tried dism, I have tried stopping services and renaming Windows\Software Distribution and Windows\System32\catroot2. Nothing works. Help!

:)

dB7Y1gch6h, Jan 15, 2019
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. Can't update to current ATi drivers

In my previous attemps to update drivers I went through the complete process you mentioned, but using driver sweeper...I don't really know if there is any difference between the two programs, but sweeper was recommended by the sticky post here on how to update drivres...so that is what I used when first trying to update.

Any how I just followed your pervious suggestion and down loaded and installed v8.10 over the old drivers. I also tried to updated directly from the device manager...but it kept telling me I have the most recent version, which in device mgr now says v8.54.....But after using CCC to search for the most current drivers which were the 8.10 that I installed, CCC is listing in the Info Ctr under graphic software, Driver package version 8.541 (which are digital signer by MS) and Catalyst Version 08.10.

So I'm guessing that even though the device mgr lists current drivers at 8.541, my drivers are infact updated to 8.10 in the CCC ?

Man this is making me dizzy.... *Twitch :twitch:

dieselcat18, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Windows updates can't install KB4480966, KB4100347, can't update display driver

Windows updates won't install!

I'll check that out.

I had read that. However the problem MS is addressing there is when the update client files of the pc don't recognise that the pc is not updated and hence don't download the updates. My updates download fine. In fact I'm even getting downloaded updates which I do not need (win2000, vista, server...) The problem is getting the correct updates installed...

For example, I'm getting KB933729 in my list. That's for Vista!

Black Panther, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows updates can't install KB4480966, KB4100347, can't update display driver

1. Windows updates can't install KB4480966, KB4100347, can't update display driver - Similar Threads - updates can't install

2. Drivers not installed and can't update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers not installed and can't update: I really need help, my usb devices keep saying they don't have drivers, none of my usb sticks have drivers in device manager, my HyperX headset usb lead doesn't have drivers so I can't use it on my PC and now my webcam has decided it doesn't have drivers and won't work. Tried...
  3. Drivers not installed and can't update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers not installed and can't update: I really need help, my usb devices keep saying they don't have drivers, none of my usb sticks have drivers in device manager, my HyperX headset usb lead doesn't have drivers so I can't use it on my PC and now my webcam has decided it doesn't have drivers and won't work. Tried...
  4. Can't install/update nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install/update nvidia drivers: Hello, so i own an Asus scar II gaming laptop i7 8750H 32gb ram 2070 rtx, been 2 years i got this bad boy and today i can't update nvidia driver, i used ddu, doesn't work, tried no failure mode doesn't work, i tried nvidia cleanstall doesn't work, so i went as far as entirely...
  5. Windows Update - KB4100347

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - KB4100347: The windows update for KB4100347 has been trying to download into my PC for the last 4-5 days. All it ever gets to is 2% then nothing more. After this point it just tries (in vain) to repeat the download from the start again. The same thing happens with my laptop except...
  6. Update KB4480966

Update KB4480966: Good Afternoon, I have a programme that I can not use because of this update KB4480966. Can you please give me detailed instructions explaining how I can set my computer up so It will never install this update? Thank you, Melissa...
  7. Windows Update KB4480966 refuses to configure.

Windows Update KB4480966 refuses to configure.: Every time I update, I get "Windows could not complete updates, reverting changes" at around 19% after it's downloaded and I've reset to install it. I have gone to tech support here who tried to do it, but never responded when I told them again, that it had failed after...
  8. Network not working after KB4480966 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network not working after KB4480966 update: Both my laptop and desktop updated automatically and are showing the KB4480966 update was installed. Ever since that update, my laptop cannot access the files on my desktop. However, my desktop can still access the files on my laptop. Is this a known issue, and how do I...
  9. Can't install display driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install display driver: Iam using gig h310m-h motherboard and Intel pentium gold g5400 processor, I can't install display driver, when I try to install it error message shows that the installation package does not support the processor type. What should I do to resolve this issue. Please assist...
  10. Can't update display drivers because of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't update display drivers because of Windows 10: So I just finished installing windows 10 and I'm having this issue where my display driver isn't being recognized and instead its now showing "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". Is there any way to bring back the old driver to its original resolution? I have a Dell Inspiron...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. code 39 path %hs does not exist

2. update for windows (kb4100347)

3. 2018-10 windows update KB 4100347 just showed up

4. KB4480966 cant install,
  5. win 10 update kb4100347 problem installing,
  6. (kb4100347) wont install,
  7. windows kb4100347 download,
  8. kb4100347 cant uninstall,
  9. kb4100347