Windows 10: Windows Update's Checking for updates searches continuously after being launched.

Discus and support Windows Update's Checking for updates searches continuously after being launched. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit on an x64-based processor. Version 1909, OS build 18363.592. I launched Check for Updates and it keeps checking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArnoldTaube, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Windows Update's Checking for updates searches continuously after being launched.

I am running Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit on an x64-based processor. Version 1909, OS build 18363.592.

I launched Check for Updates and it keeps checking and checking and checking. It has been searching for days does not stop! How do I stop the current search and then re enable the Check for Updates function?

:)

ArnoldTaube, Feb 13, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Feb 13, 2020
  3. nkatsar Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Pros:
    • No need for a script, easy to apply manually
    • Much smaller download, seems that KB3020369 is not required, only SP1 is needed
    Cons:
    • Windows Update Client downloaded by the script is newer (June 2016 version is included in KB3172605 instead of March 2016)
    • You will still need to download/install hundreds of updates afterwards, most of them are already included in KB3125574 and installed by the script

nkatsar, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Windows Update's Checking for updates searches continuously after being launched.

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

weird man. I will spin up a VM to test on for ya I did this not 3 days ago at the shop but just in case something changed in windows update. It will have to wait till tomorrow though.

Solaris17, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update's Checking for updates searches continuously after being launched.

1. Windows Update's Checking for updates searches continuously after being launched. - Similar Threads - Update's Checking updates

2. If I click on check for updates later after Windows looked for updates will it still check...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I click on check for updates later after Windows looked for updates will it still check...: That's say that I hit check for updates at like 4 pm but it already checked for updates at 2 pm will it still check for updates at 2 pm the next day or will it now check for them at 4? And before I clicked check for updates it automatically checked for them at 2 everyday...
  3. Checking for update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Checking for update: I have been trying to check for updates on my desktop but keep getting error code 0x80070424, as well whenever I've been trying to download a game from the Microsoft store i receive the same error code...
  4. windows update fails continuously

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update fails continuously: when I am trying to update my windows 10 to latest patch it fails with error code 0x800f0922. can anyone tell me what to do now..[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-fails-continuously/785d370f-9d6e-43fc-b735-eb698c05d78f
  5. Windows continuously failing to update

Windows continuously failing to update: Hard to explain but I went to the Windows Update tab is settings, updated, and got these errors: [ATTACH] No idea how I got them but I retried and got the same errors. Thanks!...
  6. Continuous BSOD after a Window update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous BSOD after a Window update: I installed an update in February 2019, then I face issue with continuous BSOD. BSOD error code says VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR or DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I even did a clean install of OS but issue still persists. It turns out the issue is with my Nvidia GPU (might be...
  7. check for updates

check for updates: Check for updates fails, cannot get an internet connection. Nothing wrong with my internet. Trouble shooter will not load. Cryptographic services changed to local account to solve Chrome problem. Trouble with update started then. Dont know how to put it back to...
  8. Windows 10 CONTINUOUS updates

Windows 10 CONTINUOUS updates: Right i'm going to make this quick. IF YOU DO NOT STOP TRYING TO UPDATE MY LAPTOP EVERY SINGLE F**KING DAY, WITH YOUR SHI**Y WINDOWS UPDATES, I WILL NOT HESITATE TO SWITCH TO MAC OR LINUX. EVERY SINGLE TIME I UPDATE MY COMPUTER WITH YOUR VIRUSEY UPDATES, IT TAKES UP MY...
  9. Check for updates

Check for updates: I have noticed that my pc indicates in the update settings that the last time it checked for updates was 5:00 am. The pc was turned off at that time. How can it check for updates if it is not on?...
  10. Check for Updates After Update Error?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Check for Updates After Update Error?: How do you check for updates after Windows Update fails to install an update (e.g., (KB3122947) - Error 0x80070643)? The only buttons that show up are Retry or Download, not Check for Updates which is usually there. I have automatic updates disabled (set to notify only) via...