Windows 10: Windows updates Connecting to Mac

Discus and support Windows updates Connecting to Mac in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time Windows forces me to update I can no longer access the MAC computers on my network. Everything will be working perfectly fine and then bam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nick-570, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Nick-570 Win User

Windows updates Connecting to Mac

Every time Windows forces me to update I can no longer access the MAC computers on my network. Everything will be working perfectly fine and then bam they gotta mess with it. Last time I tried everything to fix it. Didnt get fixed until the next update. Now this update screwed it all up again. Is anyone else having this problem?

:)

Nick-570, Feb 13, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Feb 13, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Mac OS X 10.4.6 Update Released

Apple has released the latest update from Mac OS X 10.4.5 to version 10.4.6 on both Intel-based Macs and PowerPC-based Macs. There are two ways to update to Mac OS X 10.4.6: Use Software Update or the standalone installer. This update offers many improvements, including:
    • 802.1X login authentication configurations created in Internet Connect can now be used at the Mac OS X login window, too.
    • You can now copy folders with files to an SMB-based server instead of only the folder being copied and this alert message appearing: "The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some of the items."
    • Improves iDisk (WebDAV file system) performance.
    • Resolves an issue in which Mail could unexpectedly quit when lowering the quote level within a reply message.
    • Resolves an issue that could cause Help Viewer to sometimes display a blank window.
    • Includes iSync 2.2 which provides support for additional mobile phones.
    Go to this page, for full issues list and additional information about the instalation.

Source: Apple

malware, Feb 13, 2020
  4. edved Win User

Issues With Windows Phone Connector for Mac

edved, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows updates Connecting to Mac - Similar Threads - updates Connecting Mac

2. Software update Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software update Mac: Hi TeamI have a Mac. It shows there is an Office update needed, which requires, in turn, an OS upgrade. When I check for the OS upgrade, it says it is up-to-date. What do I need to do?Thanks....
  3. Software update Mac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software update Mac: Hi TeamI have a Mac. It shows there is an Office update needed, which requires, in turn, an OS upgrade. When I check for the OS upgrade, it says it is up-to-date. What do I need to do?Thanks....
  4. Network why Windows won't let my Mac connect while it can connect to the same Mac?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network why Windows won't let my Mac connect while it can connect to the same Mac?: After some struggling to try to connect a Mac to a Win10 machine, and that same Win 10 machine to the same Mac, I finally resolved to connect from the Win10 machine to the Mac - on which I can navigate any attached drive and content. However, trying to connect from the Mac to...
  5. Network why Windows won't let my Mac connect while it can connect to the same Mac?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network why Windows won't let my Mac connect while it can connect to the same Mac?: After some struggling to try to connect a Mac to a Win10 machine, and that same Win 10 machine to the same Mac, I finally resolved to connect from the Win10 machine to the Mac - on which I can navigate any attached drive and content. However, trying to connect from the Mac to...
  6. Network why Windows won't let my Mac connect while it can connect to the same Mac?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can’t connect to LAN after 15 Mac 2021 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can’t connect to LAN after 15 Mac 2021 update: Hello. Yesterday I received a notification saying that I need to update to new version of Window 10 and naturally I accepted. and today I am logged out of my ethernet connection, with authentification failed notice on my adapter. I tried few solution posted in this...
  8. Connect RDP on MAC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect RDP on MAC: How to connect RDP in Mac with Microsoft Remote Desktop 10. and rectify Error: 0x204 when trying to connect to server using Microsoft remote desktop app on Mac https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-rdp-on-mac/66504e3e-bf2a-4985-a989-d6f509b7aff7
  9. Connecting to a Mac

Connecting to a Mac: Hey, Since upgrading to Windows 10 I am unable to connect to my MacBook Pro. I have attached the screenshot to show the where you enter the network credentials but it will not accept. It is simple. You enter the mac username and password and hit OK. Anyone else had...
  10. Connecting to a Mac

Connecting to a Mac: Hi Guys, I wonder if anyone here networks with a PC! I have upgraded my early 2011 17" MacBook Pro to Elcapitan and my custom PC to Windows 10. Prior to this the OSX was Yosemite and Windows 8.1. I could connect to the Mac from Windows no problem. Since upgrading...