Windows 10: Windows updates consistently fail (0x8007000d) & (0x80246007)

Discus and support Windows updates consistently fail (0x8007000d) & (0x80246007) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; If not.. here are more possible steps: Fix 10 - Microsoft Community i had already done most of them so still nothing Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MasterAndreas, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Windows updates consistently fail (0x8007000d) & (0x80246007)

i had already done most of them so still nothing

MasterAndreas, Apr 17, 2017
  2. dalchina New Member

Try an in-place upgrade repair install.

dalchina, Apr 17, 2017
  3. a what?(gimme a link please)

4. Windows updates consistently fail (0x8007000d) & (0x80246007)

indianacarnie, Apr 17, 2017
  5. if i do that do i keep my programs + files?

6. indianacarnie, Apr 18, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    My full write-up:

Precede the in-place upgrade repair install with this in case sthg has happened to your file system:

From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

An In-place upgrade repair install will fix many things, but not those where the settings are not changed by the procedure.

For this you need an installation medium with the same base build as you have installed, and x64 if you have a 64 bits OS, else x86 (32 bits).

You should also make sure there's at least 500Mb of unallocated space on your system disk.

Recommendation:
    Before you perform the following major repair procedure, do create a disk image (see below).

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    - this includes a link from which you can obtain a Windows 10 iso file (" download a Windows 10 ISO"), or create a Win 10 bootable medium.

I would recommend creating the bootable medium, as this can be used
    - for any future in-place upgrade repair install
    - to boot from and use its recovery options should Windows become unbootable.
    - to clean install Windows

This will refresh Windows, after the manner of a Windows installation.
    - you keep all your programs
    - you keep all your personal data
    - However: if you have installed some on a 2nd drive, these must be uninstalled or reinstalled on C: - else you will get an error message that you can not keep your apps because they are in an unsupported directory.

"You can't keep Windows settings, personal files and apps because your current version of Windows might be installed in an unsupported directory"

- all/most associations will be unchanged
    - you will lose any custom fonts
    - you will lose any customised system icons
    - you may need to re-establish your Wi-Fi connection
    - you will need to redo Windows updates subsequent to the build you have used for the repair install
    - Windows.old will be created
    - system restore will be turned off- you should turn it on again and I recommend you manually schedule a daily restore point.
    - you will need to redo any language downloads including the display language if you changed that)
    - inactive title bar colouring (if used) will be reset to default
    - if Qttabbar is installed, you need to re-enable it in explorer (Options, check Qttabbar)
    This is one of the better features of Win10: as each major build comes out, that's your updated reference build, and as updates are mostly cumulative, there will be few to do.

Please consider using disk imaging regularly. It's a brilliant way to
    - preserve your system (and your sanity)
    - back up your data
    - restore your system to a previously working state in a relatively short time

Recommended: Macrium Reflect (free/commercial) + boot disk/device + large enough external storage medium.

"Give me a link" - see my signature....

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows updates consistently fail (0x8007000d) & (0x80246007)

1. Windows updates consistently fail (0x8007000d) & (0x80246007) - Similar Threads - updates consistently fail

2. Windows Update Fails Error code: 0x8007000d

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Fails Error code: 0x8007000d: So for a few days i have been trying to update my Windows 10The update: 2022-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5016616And i keep getting this error message: Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update...
  3. Windows Update Consistently Failing - Fixed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Consistently Failing - Fixed: To help you understand all the effort I and the Volunteer Moderator put into this you can see it at which is now locked:Failed Update of feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1 - Microsoft CommunityJust yesterday I solved the issue which to all intents appeared...
  4. Windows Update Consistently Failing - Fixed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Consistently Failing - Fixed: To help you understand all the effort I and the Volunteer Moderator put into this you can see it at which is now locked:Failed Update of feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1 - Microsoft CommunityJust yesterday I solved the issue which to all intents appeared...
  5. Windows Update Consistently Failing - Fixed

6. update 20h2 failed 0x8007000d

update 20h2 failed 0x8007000d: I'm not sure why but the windows updater is telling me that I need to update but the update won't install and on the about your pc page, it lists me as being on update 20h2. I think I am correctly on update 20h2 but I'm not sure why it's telling me to download the update...
  7. Windows Cumulative Update failing, 0x8007000d

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Cumulative Update failing, 0x8007000d: I have been trying to update KB5001330 on my 20H2 desktop but it keeps failing with 0x8007000d. I've tried the .msu downloaded from the Microsoft website and get the same error. Have tried a few things including the rename of SoftwareDistribution but no luck so far. Windows...
  8. Windows Update Continuously fails "error 0x8007000d"

Windows Update Continuously fails "error 0x8007000d": I've been trying to install Windows Update 2004 for x64 Systems KB4596242, but I keep getting the following error message every single time. [ATTACH] Thinking that it was a corrupt download, I cleaned out Windows/Software Distribution to force Update to redownload which...
  9. Errors 0x8007002 and 0x80246007

Errors 0x8007002 and 0x80246007: Hello. Windows Update is not working - and although I've read various articles online, they are so complex and tech 'savvy' that I can't follow them. If help is available, it will need to be simple to follow. I've been trying to correct Windows Update for over two weeks...
  10. Fix error 0x80246007 when downloading Windows Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Fix error 0x80246007 when downloading Windows Updates: [ATTACH] When Windows Update service scans for an update and starts downloading, you may receive an error saying Some updates did not finish downloading, We will keep trying, Error code 0x80246007. This may happen with any Windows Update, in fact with Windows applications...