Windows 10: Windows updates destroyed my pc

Discus and support Windows updates destroyed my pc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When i updated windows my pc constantly crashed and now it won't even start before recent updates no problems but now it's destroyed i dont even know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eldoritos21, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Windows updates destroyed my pc

When i updated windows my pc constantly crashed and now it won't even start before recent updates no problems but now it's destroyed i dont even know what to do my pc isn't even that old and its not like i have the money to buy a new pc what can i do

:)

Eldoritos21, Apr 22, 2023
  2. yountmg Win User

Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, Apr 22, 2023
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows updates destroyed my pc :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 22, 2023
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows updates destroyed my pc

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 22, 2023
Thema:

Windows updates destroyed my pc

1. Windows updates destroyed my pc - Similar Threads - updates destroyed

2. Possible That Windows 10 Updates Can Destroy The Whole OS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible That Windows 10 Updates Can Destroy The Whole OS?: Last Time I Updated My Computer It Made An Error The Error Said "Missing File: c:\windows\system32\winload.efi"But Luckily I Fixed It And Everything Is Now NormalBut Im Now Scared To Update My Computer Because Theres A Chance It May BreakAll I Want The Answer Is "Possible...
  3. Possible That Windows 10 Updates Can Destroy The Whole OS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible That Windows 10 Updates Can Destroy The Whole OS?: Last Time I Updated My Computer It Made An Error The Error Said "Missing File: c:\windows\system32\winload.efi"But Luckily I Fixed It And Everything Is Now NormalBut Im Now Scared To Update My Computer Because Theres A Chance It May BreakAll I Want The Answer Is "Possible...
  4. Possible That Windows 10 Updates Can Destroy The Whole OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why did your June update destroy my computer and steam games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did your June update destroy my computer and steam games?: Your ****, you have destroyed my computer with your june update. All my games on steam won't work, you have removed my manual restore point and you are asking for serious trouble.You are **** **** Microsoft. I have had enough of your forced updates, your snooping, all if it....
  6. Why did your June update destroy my computer and steam games?

Why did your June update destroy my computer and steam games?: Your ****, you have destroyed my computer with your june update. All my games on steam won't work, you have removed my manual restore point and you are asking for serious trouble.You are **** **** Microsoft. I have had enough of your forced updates, your snooping, all if it....
  7. Why did your June update destroy my computer and steam games?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. So your last update, done on 6/24/2023 @3:00 A.M. destroyed our computers. It made the hard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So your last update, done on 6/24/2023 @3:00 A.M. destroyed our computers. It made the hard...: The title says it all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-your-last-update-done-on-6242023-300-am/c8994029-ff91-4af4-a7ab-24af8666a274
  9. So your last update, done on 6/24/2023 @3:00 A.M. destroyed our computers. It made the hard...

So your last update, done on 6/24/2023 @3:00 A.M. destroyed our computers. It made the hard...: The title says it all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-your-last-update-done-on-6242023-300-am/c8994029-ff91-4af4-a7ab-24af8666a274
  10. So your last update, done on 6/24/2023 @3:00 A.M. destroyed our computers. It made the hard...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware