Windows 10: Windows Updates destroying access to Google Chrome.

Discus and support Windows Updates destroying access to Google Chrome. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why are Windows Updates destroying my access to Google Chrome. Now Google Chrome won't even download. Do I have to go Apple?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WayneSteiner, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Windows Updates destroying access to Google Chrome.

Why are Windows Updates destroying my access to Google Chrome. Now Google Chrome won't even download. Do I have to go Apple?

:)

WayneSteiner, Aug 12, 2021

2. Google Chrome access

I can no longer access Google Chrome (Windows 10). I had access to Chrome up until about a week ago. I think this happened when I updated recently, but am not sure. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall. Nothing. I've followed lots of suggested
    steps. Nothing. I can't open it, find it, install it, reinstall it. Any advice?

NancyRobinson4, Aug 12, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows Updates destroying access to Google Chrome.

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows Updates destroying access to Google Chrome.

1. Windows Updates destroying access to Google Chrome. - Similar Threads - Updates destroying access

2. Unable to access Google Chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to access Google Chrome: When I try to open Google Chrome is says: "You'll need to ask to use this app. You can't use Google Chrome because of your family safety settings, but it doesn't hurt to ask" This just started this morning, but I haven't changed my settings. I tried to follow the...
  3. How to Destroy Profile on Browser Close in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    How to Destroy Profile on Browser Close in Google Chrome: [ATTACH]The Google Chrome browser is the most commonly used browser on Windows computers. However, […] This article How to Destroy Profile on Browser Close in Google Chrome first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Internet Access Blocked on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Access Blocked on Google Chrome: Until recently, Google Chrome was working on my computer but of late it just says the following: Your Internet access is blocked Firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection Try: Checking the connection Checking firewall and antivirus configurations...
  5. Child access to Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Child access to Google Chrome: Time limits for google chrome have been turned off for my child, however he is still being closed out of Google Chrome and prompted to ask me for more time. I am not seeing an option for unlimited time other than the one that is currently checked. I am only seeing limited...
  6. microsft family access and google chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    microsft family access and google chrome: can i turn off microsoft family access? i removed family members but it still wont let google chrome launch, its asking for permission from adult https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsft-family-access-and-google-chrome/6c620a99-a0bb-4754-ad47-9c275a08cd13
  7. Windows 10 not allowing Google Chrome to access the camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not allowing Google Chrome to access the camera: Hi, I've read a bunch of support topics and questions+answers, and none of them are yet to help. I have a brand new Asus ZenBook UX running Win 10 pro. I have downloaded Google Chrome as my preferred web browser, and have given Chrome permission through the web browser. I...
  8. Google Chrome updates?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome updates?: I am running Google Chrome on my Windows 10 laptop and Chrome is suppose to update itself in the background automatically. For some reason, it only updates whenever I am in the About Google Chrome and then it updates. Is there a reason why this happens? Just as a note, I...
  9. Google Chrome access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome access: I can no longer access Google Chrome (Windows 10). I had access to Chrome up until about a week ago. I think this happened when I updated recently, but am not sure. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall. Nothing. I've followed lots of suggested steps. Nothing. I can't...
  10. Lost access to everything but google chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost access to everything but google chrome: I'm using a SuperSonic tablet running windows 10 that my college gave me but now I cant run anything but Google Chrome. I try to open settings but nothing happens, I try to open Control Panel but it tells me I lack the permissions to access, file manager does the same thing...