Windows 10: windows updates destroying my hard work

Discus and support windows updates destroying my hard work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday I was working from 9am to around 11pm on windows 10. I went to sleep, to find out windows updated in the mean time. my question is - how come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by filiplazaria, Mar 30, 2021.

1. windows updates destroying my hard work

Yesterday I was working from 9am to around 11pm on windows 10. I went to sleep, to find out windows updated in the mean time. my question is - how come there was no warning? i was there 1h before the restart... no warning. lots of work lost. i can't remember which files were open as reminders - particularly word, excel, and pdfs. I love ubuntu so much. i just wish more people used it so that Apps feel obliged to make linux versions. i have nothing but contempt for you.

:)

filiplazaria, Mar 30, 2021
  2. yountmg Win User

Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 30, 2021
  4. windows updates destroying my hard work

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

windows updates destroying my hard work

1. windows updates destroying my hard work - Similar Threads - updates destroying hard

2. Bitlocker's Destroyed My Hard Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker's Destroyed My Hard Drive: I have 2 USB Hard drives that were bit locked for security reasons. But after a reinstall of windows 10 They became unwrite able. So I removed bit locker from one of the drive and now it is unreadable. Completely raw drive. All file are lost.How can I recover the lost files...
  3. Bitlocker's Destroyed My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker's Destroyed My Hard Drive: I have 2 USB Hard drives that were bit locked for security reasons. But after a reinstall of windows 10 They became unwrite able. So I removed bit locker from one of the drive and now it is unreadable. Completely raw drive. All file are lost.How can I recover the lost files...
  4. Bitlocker's Destroyed My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows updates destroyed my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates destroyed my pc: When i updated windows my pc constantly crashed and now it won't even start before recent updates no problems but now it's destroyed i dont even know what to do my pc isn't even that old and its not like i have the money to buy a new pc what can i do...
  6. my pc is destroying my hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my pc is destroying my hard drives: i have a computer one of my many computers and whenever i insert a hard drive into it the hard drive dies within the day and when i use the same model hard drive in another computer it works fine but when i use that hard drive in the hard drive killer computer POW YOU ARE...
  7. Bitlocker's Destroyed My Hard Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker's Destroyed My Hard Drive: I decided to encrypt my external hard drive, started it, but then it got stuck at 84.3% for three days now. I tried several times to pause and even turn off the encryption, but when I do, the Bitlocker Manager hangs. My Hard Disk was still accessible so I browsed through it...
  8. My Hard Disk working fine with windows 8.1 but after update at the windows 10 destroyed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Hard Disk working fine with windows 8.1 but after update at the windows 10 destroyed: My hard disk working good with windows 8.1 After upgrade at the windows 10 my second hard disk has a big problem, doesn't work,(RAW) I have try everything (format-Recovery-Command prompt ) but the problem not fix !! Please help me!! Sorry for my English I don t speak well...
  9. Windows 10 1809 Destroyed My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1809 Destroyed My Hard Drive: please i need a link to windows 10 1803 for a usb drive first my dvd cd burner would not work i updated the driver the computer crashed the info said a hardware change caused the crash .then i got a new drive and installed 1809 now my pc over heating crashing what did you...
  10. Windows update destroyed my laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update destroyed my laptop.: So last night I got a message that I needed to update. I clicked to update and the whole screen went black. Nothing works. If I turn it on there are 8 beeps. I'm afraid that as far as I'm concerned, if company's product breaks something, I expect them to fix or replace....