Windows 10: Windows updates even thought disabled.

Discus and support Windows updates even thought disabled. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; First off I run Deepfreeze on my 3 computers here at work. About 2 weeks ago I disabled this and installed the newest windows updates. After a couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by paulbradley, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Windows updates even thought disabled.

First off I run Deepfreeze on my 3 computers here at work. About 2 weeks ago I disabled this and installed the newest windows updates. After a couple reboots to make sure there were no more updates I disabled windows updates again in services, rebooted, turned deepfreeze back on and rebooted again. After a few days when I went to turn computers off they started installing another update. Once it shut down I booted back up and windows update was still disabled. After a couple days of this I finally disabled deepfreeze again and let computer install the update (updates still shows disabled in services). Now today it is trying to install yet another update but updates are still disabled in services and shows not running. What's up with this? How can I stop this?

:)

paulbradley, Jul 18, 2017
  2. bshorkey Win User

CANNOT change user account name even thought it automatically called me "b-money" when i first turned on this new computer!

no matter what i do i cannot change the user account name on my BRAND NEW PC. Why the heck it defaulted to calling me "b-money" ill never know! but there is NO OPTION to change it! even when i go to control panel > user accounts! Ive seen some screenshots
    online of other people having a selection to change their name, BUT my computer doesnt have that for some reason, and im the Administrator! this is so beyond frustrating!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

bshorkey, Jul 18, 2017
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    CANNOT change user account name even thought it automatically called me "b-money" when i first turned on this new computer!

The name you see when you first sign in is your Microsoft Account sign-in.

To change your name you'll need to sign in here https://account.microsoft.com/security?refd=support.microsoft.com

Be prepared though - there are lots of security hoops to go through, for obvious reasons. When I changed the name on my spare laptop I think I was emailed a code four times, so have your email screen open. (Unless you chose to be texted the code word, in
    which case have your mobile ready!).

Hoping this helps.

Taffy087, Jul 18, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows updates even thought disabled.

dalchina, Jul 18, 2017
  5. No, I have it disabled the same way I always have by disabling the service. Haven't had a problem at all until this last big update. I will look into the other options on that link though. Something told me not to do that update and I didn't listen.

Also on this computer I'm on (did not update with the other two) when I go to settings, windows updates, and click search for updates it immediately comes back with "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)" which is what it should do being disabled, but on the other to (ones I updated) I can go to services and verify windows update service is stopped and disabled but click on search for updates and it searches and tries to install updates but windows update service is still showing stopped and disabled. I am trying the group policy option now and will see if this works.

paulbradley, Jul 18, 2017
  6. The group policy change seems to have fixed this. Thanks for the assistance.

paulbradley, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows updates even thought disabled.

1. Windows updates even thought disabled. - Similar Threads - updates thought disabled

2. Windows 11 Update saying I don’t have secure boot enabled even thought it is.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update saying I don’t have secure boot enabled even thought it is.: I feel like I’m going insane here. I went into my bios and enabled the TPM and Secure Boot and even though I did both of those things Windows 11 still won’t install and it’s still saying I need to enable secure boot. What? And when I go into my system information it’s still...
  3. Windows 11 Update saying I don’t have secure boot enabled even thought it is.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update saying I don’t have secure boot enabled even thought it is.: I feel like I’m going insane here. I went into my bios and enabled the TPM and Secure Boot and even though I did both of those things Windows 11 still won’t install and it’s still saying I need to enable secure boot. What? And when I go into my system information it’s still...
  4. Cannot delete a file even thought I'm the owner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete a file even thought I'm the owner: I cannot seem to delete a file even though I am and have done multiple times the owner. I cannot give myself special permissions to delete the file. And now I can't do anything to the file, but I want it gone....
  5. Cannot delete a file even thought I'm the owner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete a file even thought I'm the owner: I cannot seem to delete a file even though I am and have done multiple times the owner. I cannot give myself special permissions to delete the file. And now I can't do anything to the file, but I want it gone....
  6. Cannot delete a file even thought I'm the owner

7. Can't update to windows 11 even thought pc health check says it is ok

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update to windows 11 even thought pc health check says it is ok: PC health check says that my computer can update to windows 11but in configuration says that I cant update to windows 11 because of system requirements....
  8. Can't update to windows 11 even thought pc health check says it is ok

Can't update to windows 11 even thought pc health check says it is ok: PC health check says that my computer can update to windows 11but in configuration says that I cant update to windows 11 because of system requirements....
  9. Can't update to windows 11 even thought pc health check says it is ok

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. windows update auto restarting even if disabled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update auto restarting even if disabled: My PC is auto restarting after an automatic windows update, even if the task (in task scheduler) "reboot" is disabled (under "Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator"). Even if that task is disabled, it is running. I see "Last Run Time" is "2019-09-11". How to trully disable...