Windows 10: windows updates fail to install

Discus and support windows updates fail to install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hello all *Smile i am using windows 10 Pro 64 i had some updates go in yesterday but then had a error message come up that i did not get a chance to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by StormChaser, Nov 17, 2015.

1. windows updates fail to install

hello all *Smile i am using windows 10 Pro 64 i had some updates go in yesterday but then had a error message come up that i did not get a chance to write it down and seach it. now i am getting updates failing to install. i am constantly clicking the RETRY button, but no good here as they still fail and i have 6 updates pending to install. this is very annoying. *Mad any help would be appreciated on this nightmare

:)

StormChaser, Nov 17, 2015

2. updates fail to install

Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed? See how to verify:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Which version and edition Windows did you originally upgrade from or was installed prior to your current version:

Windows 10 - 1703, 1607, 1511, 1507 (build 10240)

Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro

If you are running Windows 10 1709...

You can download and install it manually from the Microsoft Update Catalog:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Sea...

Learn how to manually install it:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/manually-insta...

If not...

Before carrying out this procedure, disconnect from the Internet. That means turning off Wi-Fi and disconnecting from a wired connection. If you don't, Windows 10 will indicate some files are in use and cannot be modified or the command will be non-responsive.
    Also, you should restart your computer after disconnecting from the Internet. The easiest way to do it is to enable Airplane mode from the Action Center - Windows key + A.

Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

Type each of the following then hit Enter

taskkill /f /fi "SERVICES eq wuauserv" (do this multiple times)

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

rmdir C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore

rmdir C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download

When complete, hit Enter, then restart, then try updating again.

If that does not work...

Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

Type each of the following then hit Enter

Net Stop bits

Net Stop wuauserv

Net Stop appidsvc

Net Stop cryptsvc

Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak

Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak

Net Start bits

Net Start wuauserv

Net Start appidsvc

Net Start cryptsvc

After running these commands, check if your issue is fixed.

Try this additional tips to see if they work:

Troubleshoot Windows Update Problems in Windows 10 Using These Five Tips

https://windows10.help/blogs/entry/23-troublesh...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 17, 2015
  3. FredKirk Win User
    updates fail to install

Good morning,

I am constantly getting messages when trying to update windows 10. This has all happened since an update on 18 December 2017.

Update (KB4058043)

Since that date all updates appear to have been installed and computer states restart required to finish installing update, however restart is carried out and constantly getting error message that updates failed to install.

FredKirk, Nov 17, 2015
  4. windows updates fail to install

Download fix and run it as admin. After a while a cleanup window will appear, select to clean everything.

TairikuOkami, Nov 17, 2015
Thema:

windows updates fail to install

1. windows updates fail to install - Similar Threads - updates fail install

2. Windows update failed to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update failed to install: Windows update failed to install KB5011487. I searched and applied every known fix to get this update to install to no avail. Then while doing these fixes that did not work, another update shows up KB5011543, but same result, failed to update. So last night I did what I...
  3. Windows update failed to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update failed to install: Windows update failed to install KB5011487. I searched and applied every known fix to get this update to install to no avail. Then while doing these fixes that did not work, another update shows up KB5011543, but same result, failed to update. So last night I did what I...
  4. Windows Update installation failed

Windows Update installation failed: I pulled this old ASUS out of a drawer to try to revive it for my daughter. It was unused for nearly 3 years. First point of order is to update it. I attempted to update and every update was successful except for the 2019-04 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1709...
  5. Windows update fails to install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update fails to install.: Hi everyone. I have a problem with windows update here, it always fails to install whenever it reaches 7% and I get the message "we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes". I'm running windows 10 1903 on an Acer laptop. submitted by /u/BadrZh [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows Update failed to install

Windows Update failed to install: Windows 10 Home Single Language. Version 1809 My laptop has been trying to install this update KB4512578 since mid-September 2019. It came out an error noting that it could not install. Error code: 0x800f0922. I have tried fixing the error code but to no avail. The issue...
  7. windows update failing to install

windows update failing to install: The latest updates from windows cannot install and show Error 0x80070015 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-failing-to-install/f641ba7a-85e3-42f9-877c-0c462c9eeee5
  8. Windows Update Failed To Install

Windows Update Failed To Install: Security Updates for Windows (KB4343909), 2018 - 08 Cummulative Updates for Windows 10 version 1803 x64-based systems (KB4343909) and 2018 - 09 Cummulative Updates for Windows 10 version 1803 x64-based systems (KB4457128) The above mentioned Updates failed to installed...
  9. window update failed to installed

window update failed to installed: my computer is trying to installed window 10 insider Preview 17728.1000 (Rs5-release and it keep failing and it give me the error code Ox802400.34 what does this mean. thanks...
  10. Windows fails to install updates.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows fails to install updates.: Title. Can't install any updates. I read online that I have to edit the registry. Tried but windows tells me I have no permissions. Thanks in advance EDIT: When trying to do a system restore I get this error http://puu.sh/o6XO4/12326e1edc.png 46293