Windows 10: Windows Updates GPO settings?

Discus and support Windows Updates GPO settings? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just wondering here on this GPO setting which I am considering to change from Option 2 to Option 4 is which to Download the Updates automatically and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by win10freak, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Windows Updates GPO settings?

Just wondering here on this GPO setting which I am considering to change from Option 2 to Option 4 is which to Download the Updates automatically and have those installed on a schedule.
    The default schedule is 3:00AM but I tend to leave my laptop off entirely during the night and most of the day.
    Therefore, my question is, when the time passes to install the updates, will the system continue to install the updates even if the desired time schedule is missed due to leaving the machine OFF?

I would guess that Option 4 is more better suited for enterprises where machines are left powered ON the whole time.

Or is it just better to leave it at Option 2 (Notify for Download and Auto Install)?

:)

win10freak, Feb 24, 2018
  2. jflanagan Win User

GPOs linked to user OUs not appearing in Results Wizard

Hello, I'm noticing an issue in my domain where GPOs linked to user OUs are not being applied and not even appearing in the Group Policy Results Wizard report (neither under Applied GPO's nor Denied GPO's, like they don't exist at all).

A few clues:

• I did recently release June Windows updates including MS16-072. However, I was aware of the security processing change and all the related GPO's already had "Authenticated Users" with Read and Apply permission. I added "Domain Computers" to one GPO as a
      test but no luck.
    • So far, issue is appearing on Windows 10 computers only. Computers are correctly processing GPO's linked to the computer's OU/hierarchy. A GPO containing loopback-processed user settings does appear under the user settings in the Results wizard, but that
      GPO is linked to a "computers" OU.
    • If I link a "user" GPO to a "computers" OU, it appears in the Results Wizard under user settings. However, this is a drastic change in behavior and will interfere with desired outcomes such as a user having drives mapped to their department's files regardless
      of which computer they use.

Please advise, do I need to adjust some setting in Windows 10 to restore processing of GPO's linked to user OU's?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

jflanagan, Feb 24, 2018
  3. PKersey Win User
    Update KB4056892 (Meltdown, Spectre) not offered

I will look into that. The settings "Windows Update for Business GPO" have just been introduced recently with build 1709, so I don't know what the settings are in our Active Directory.

PKersey, Feb 24, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows Updates GPO settings?

Definitely leave on Notify. That way you've control of everything and can choose to e.g. update a disk image set before any update, complete work... then approve the update.

Should you miss it for some reason it'll be caught on a subsequent update scan.

(The scheduled option also refers to updates being applied as part of automatic maintenance, which can be set to wake the machine and thus also update it).

dalchina, Feb 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows Updates GPO settings?

1. Windows Updates GPO settings? - Similar Threads - Updates GPO settings

2. Set language through GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set language through GPO: Hi Microsoft Community.I'm trying to set the language of some PCs to Spanish through GPO and it kind of works because every time that I unlock and log in on the PC, it automatically changes back to English.Thanks in advance for your help....
  3. Set language through GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set language through GPO: Hi Microsoft Community.I'm trying to set the language of some PCs to Spanish through GPO and it kind of works because every time that I unlock and log in on the PC, it automatically changes back to English.Thanks in advance for your help....
  4. Windows Background set via GPO doesn't update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Background set via GPO doesn't update: Hello all, We enabled the GPO "Force a specific default lock screen and logon image" some time ago, which worked fine. Every computer now has the same background, which it has taken from a network resource. Now we want to exchange this background. We have already changed the...
  5. Windows Background set via GPO doesn't update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Background set via GPO doesn't update: Hello all, We enabled the GPO "Force a specific default lock screen and logon image" some time ago, which worked fine. Every computer now has the same background, which it has taken from a network resource. Now we want to exchange this background. We have already changed the...
  6. Windows Background set via GPO doesn't update

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. GPO to Microsoft Edge settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPO to Microsoft Edge settings: Is there a way to disable edge settings page via GPO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpo-to-microsoft-edge-settings/60016cd2-35f6-43ba-8dfb-dd83623ff0d5
  8. File History settings by GPO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History settings by GPO: Hi! I can't find any Group Policies for controlling File History (on Windows 10) in a domain/AD... Is this not possible? Best, /LS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/file-history-settings-by-gpo/52bbdc84-e3c4-4fa5-81f4-457a2b35c4ed
  9. GPO settings being ignored

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPO settings being ignored: Hello all, So I have configured in my GPO settings to push down the CD/DVD write as disabled for laptops. In essence meaning that users that fall under the laptop groups can use the optical drive. Now as of recent August updates, users are now randomly not able to do...
  10. disable windows settings, display setting and personalize by GPO

in Windows 10 Support
    disable windows settings, display setting and personalize by GPO: I need to restrict the action to not admin users in the tablet model: venue 10 pro. I updated win 8.1 to win 10 pro. I install the Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10 downloaded from the link below. Download Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10...