Windows 10: Windows updates have (i think) caused my microphone to stop working?

Discus and support Windows updates have (i think) caused my microphone to stop working? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] Hi Everyone - I am experiencing issues with my Logitech H540 Headset, specifically the microphone not the playback (audio) since the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Orange Owl, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Windows updates have (i think) caused my microphone to stop working?

Windows updates have (i think) caused my microphone to stop working? [​IMG]

Hi Everyone - I am experiencing issues with my Logitech H540 Headset, specifically the microphone not the playback (audio) since the last Windows updates. The headset is enabled, set as the default device, for both playback and recording devices but won't recognise anything when i speak into it - as if its on mute.

Things I have done:
    1. checked that its not on Mute, volume is up
    2. enabled device
    3. set as default device
    4. uninstalled USB ports - via the Universal thingy
    5. checked for updates - Windows and Logitech updates
    6. uninstalled the headset
    7. checked that the headset works in another USB - it does on my partner's MacBook
    8. reset my computer by switching off and holding the power and up volume buttons for 15 seconds
    9. unplugged my computer from the power socket and switched off and on
    10. Checked that the headset is compatible with Windows 10; and
    11. pretty much everything you're told to try on the Logitech and Windows forums

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I am using a Surface Pro 3. and the new updates are as per the tiny image that appears at the top of this thread.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

:)

Orange Owl, Aug 16, 2016
  2. usfe Win User

Nokia 5800 xpress music firmware update 60.0.003

I have the same problem with my Sony Ericsson MW600 bluetooth Headset. after updating the microphone is not working. and i think it cause severe reduce of battery life.

3. chad3xw Win User
    Nokia 925 microphone problem

A few weeks ago my Microphone stopped working on Nokia 925 windows phone. My microphone stopped working when I got the latest update I tried a to reset the phone but that didn't work. I did not download the windows 8.1 Dev. update. The microphone works
    on calls but not anything else. Please help.

chad3xw, Aug 16, 2016
  4. RBunning Win User

Windows updates have (i think) caused my microphone to stop working?

Might be a driver problem- Windows update, in addition to grabbing you the latest updates, also gets/ updates device drivers. This has caused problems for me beforehand with different devices.

>>Open up device manager and see if you can roll back the driver for the headset (I'd imagine it might show up as a USB audio device, although I've never owned a USB headset before).

RBunning, Aug 17, 2016
  5. Thanks for the response RBunning.

I've taken another look at the Device Manager and the Logitech Headset DOES NOT appear here under USB controllers but it DOES appear as a device in the Sound box. See below.

Windows updates have (i think) caused my microphone to stop working? [​IMG]

Also assuming it does magically appear in the device manager, what do you mean by 'roll back the driver for the headset' ?

Orange Owl, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows updates have (i think) caused my microphone to stop working?

1. Windows updates have (i think) caused my microphone to stop working? - Similar Threads - updates caused microphone

2. I think that my windows stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I think that my windows stopped working.: So I launched my PC today. Yesterday everything was running fine and I haven't downloaded any new files onto my pc in a long time so I have no idea how has it changed. All icons are gone from my taskbar not matter what I click it doesn't work. Even the start button. Shortcuts...
  3. I think that my windows stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think that my windows stopped working.: So I launched my PC today. Yesterday everything was running fine and I haven't downloaded any new files onto my pc in a long time so I have no idea how has it changed. All icons are gone from my taskbar not matter what I click it doesn't work. Even the start button. Shortcuts...
  4. I think that my windows stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All my microphones have suddenly stopped working on my pc?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my microphones have suddenly stopped working on my pc?!: This happened just 3 days ago. just when i switched my origin account on apex to steam. after doing this, I'm not sure if it was this that caused it or not, my microphones stopped working. i have tried several times and watched lots of YouTube videos, but still haven't found...
  6. Microphone stopped working after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone stopped working after windows update: After I updated windows and cleaned my PC, my mic suddenly stopped working. I uninstalled the windows update and the mic still isn't working I checked if I was using a different microphone but it was the correct one, I uninstalled Realtek and installed it again from the ASUS...
  7. My microphone stop working

My microphone stop working: My microphone kind a stop working on my pc yesterday i don't know why. The mic is working though because i tested it on my hp compaq laptop and it worked perfectly there. And i don't think there is a problem with my motherboard because its recognize it. Also my drivers are up...
  8. Microphone stopped working after Windows Update

Microphone stopped working after Windows Update: Hello. I'm currently having a trouble with my Microphone, which has been working fine before. I also noticed that after I update my Windows I see two audio drivers on drivers manager, which I assume is the cause of my microphone not working. I managed to get my microphone...
  9. Whenever I update my microphone stops working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I update my microphone stops working: It has happened everytime I have updated and I have made sure that the microphone settings are set to my microphone but it still doesn't work, does anyone know how to fix this as I am tired of getting spammed with notifications every hour to update my computer, thanks....
  10. Windows thinks my microphone is a headphone

Windows thinks my microphone is a headphone: I was plugging my microphone in a 3.5 mm microphone and headphone jack. But windows thinks its a headphone , now i cant use my microphone.Please help me.[ATTACH]...