Windows 10: Windows updates have twice interfered with my Alchemy Search software. Please undo the harm...

Discus and support Windows updates have twice interfered with my Alchemy Search software. Please undo the harm... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have installed on my PC a database with Alchemy Search software, about 330MB total. It has worked fine from June 2002 on my XP pc, and since May 2014... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GordonTBest, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Windows updates have twice interfered with my Alchemy Search software. Please undo the harm...

I have installed on my PC a database with Alchemy Search software, about 330MB total. It has worked fine from June 2002 on my XP pc, and since May 2014 on my Windows 10 PC. I frequently refer to it several times a week. In March 2021 , immediately following a Windows update/download, it failed as a search engine, but I was able to find some wanted files by hand and view the contents. Not very convenient, compared with proper operation. After much fruitless communication between me, the vendor, and the software source, someone else suggested that I re-load the DVD. That went smoothly, and the p

:)

GordonTBest, Nov 22, 2021
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Nov 22, 2021
  3. tnhotmail Win User
    windows defender keeps saying it finds "potentially harmful software" but nothing listed.

I did these steps and the same problem is still happening. It reports (and notifies) "potentially harmful software" but nothing is listed in the "all items ..." list (or the other two lists). After restart, same problem still - notifications but nothing
    is listed.

I have disabled real time protection (temporarily) but this doesn't help either. Is it possible to completely disable or uninstall windows defender?

thanks

tnhotmail, Nov 22, 2021
  4. nkatsar Win User

Windows updates have twice interfered with my Alchemy Search software. Please undo the harm...

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Pros:
    • No need for a script, easy to apply manually
    • Much smaller download, seems that KB3020369 is not required, only SP1 is needed
    Cons:
    • Windows Update Client downloaded by the script is newer (June 2016 version is included in KB3172605 instead of March 2016)
    • You will still need to download/install hundreds of updates afterwards, most of them are already included in KB3125574 and installed by the script

nkatsar, Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows updates have twice interfered with my Alchemy Search software. Please undo the harm...

1. Windows updates have twice interfered with my Alchemy Search software. Please undo the harm... - Similar Threads - updates twice interfered

2. My tab in software update please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My tab in software update please: MY TAB IN SOFTWARE UPDATE PL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-tab-in-software-update-please/f372d333-a881-4d3d-a23f-a96dccaa4b1a
  3. My tab in software update please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My tab in software update please: MY TAB IN SOFTWARE UPDATE PL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-tab-in-software-update-please/f372d333-a881-4d3d-a23f-a96dccaa4b1a
  4. Windows updates have twice interfered with my Alchemy Search software. Please undo the harm...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates have twice interfered with my Alchemy Search software. Please undo the harm...: I have installed on my PC a database with Alchemy Search software, about 330MB total. It has worked fine from June 2002 on my XP pc, and since May 2014 on my Windows 10 PC. I frequently refer to it several times a week. In March 2021 , immediately following a Windows...
  5. Windows updates have twice interfered with my Alchemy Search software. Please undo the harm...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates have twice interfered with my Alchemy Search software. Please undo the harm...: I have installed on my PC a database with Alchemy Search software, about 330MB total. It has worked fine from June 2002 on my XP pc, and since May 2014 on my Windows 10 PC. I frequently refer to it several times a week. In March 2021 , immediately following a Windows...
  6. Possible Software and Windows interfering with each other

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible Software and Windows interfering with each other: Sometimes when i'm playing any game, i will get 1-3 windows notification audio queues, my mouse cursor will freeze, and my fans on my AIO will go down to 300 rpms and then crank back up to the maximum amount of rpms it will go, iv'e tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  7. My computer is freezing twice a day, usually when working with editing software. Please...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is freezing twice a day, usually when working with editing software. Please...: [ATTACH] I9 9900K Rtx 2070 32 gb ram 16TB HDDs 1TB nvme Win 10 newest build. (its been freezing for 2 months now). This log appears to be created once I restarted the computer forcefully, i dont know how to find the one where the PC freezes....
  8. Windows Update Interfering with Wifi connection

Windows Update Interfering with Wifi connection: I am very upset...I can't even conduct my online business because of constantly losing WIFI connection. I see you are aware of this problem so I am baffled as to why even submit this update without prior testing. I have done all the essential steps to correct this problem...
  9. is this update harmful for the windows pc

is this update harmful for the windows pc: Hey There Everybody Today i formatted my laptop and installed the windows 10 from what i am hearing from news is that the new update keeps on crashing and the worst part is that i got this blue screen error every time i use the laptop within period of time it says bad pool...
  10. Windows Update is Interfering with my Job

Windows Update is Interfering with my Job: The company laptop cannot be rebooted if I'm using it with a software that can be turned on only once. If rebooted the entire day is worthless. HOW DO I STOP WINDOWS UPDATE FOREVER?! And most importantly: Why would I need a loophole for this if I didn't command the computer...