Windows 10: Windows Updates History Viewer released by Nirsoft

Discus and support Windows Updates History Viewer released by Nirsoft in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Updates History Viewer (WinUpdatesView) is a new software program by Nirsoft that displays the Windows updates history on the device it is run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 10, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows Updates History Viewer released by Nirsoft

Windows Updates History Viewer (WinUpdatesView) is a new software program by Nirsoft that displays the Windows updates history on the device it is run on.

As is the case with all Nirsoft applications, it is fully portable and can be run from any location. Just download the archive that it is provided in to a system, extract it, and run the executable file afterward. The program is offered as a 32-bit and 64-bit version on the Nirsoft website and compatible with all versions of Microsoft's Windows operating system from Windows XP onward (including Windows 10).

The native updates history listing is not really that practicable. Microsoft did improve it for Windows 10 in 2016 but it still leaves a lot to be desired.

Note: Third-party updates managers like wumgr or Sledgehammer provide update information as well. Administrators may use PowerShell to list the Windows Update history.

Windows Updates History Viewer

Windows Updates History Viewer released by Nirsoft windows-updates-history-viewer.png

Windows Updates History Viewer can load the update history of the local system using provided APIs or the update history of external devices by loading the DataStore.edb database file from remote computers or local storage.

The program displays all updates that were installed on the system successfully, updates that were not installed successfully, as well as uninstallations. Note that the history is limited to that particular version of Windows. On Windows 10, this means that all updates since the installation of the last feature update are listed.

Updates are listed with their type, status, update operation, date, support links, descriptions, uninstall notes, and additional information in a table. The default sort order is based on the title of the update and not recency. A click on a column header, e.g. install date, sorts the list of updates accordingly. Most administrators prefer the date sorting order probably over other sorting orders but it is also possible to sort by update states and other parameters.

The program color codes updates for easier recognition. Green means successful, yellow or red that the update did not install successfully.

The right-click menu displays several interesting options: you may use it to open the support and information URL on the Microsoft website for the selected update. You may use it to create HTML reports based on the selection, e.g. all failed updates or all uninstallations.

Closing Words

Windows Updates History View lists all update operations of the local system or remote systems when run. The program displays the list quickly but has limited use cases as it does not provide any actions, e.g. uninstall. It may be useful to analyze issues related to updates or open knowledge base articles on Microsoft's website.

Nirsoft created another Windows Updates tool called WinUpdatesList that was last updated in 2017. It displays updates installed on the local system and for hotfixes the files that the hotfix replaced or added on systems prior to Windows 7.

Now Read: How to download and install Windows Updates manually.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows Updates History Viewer released by Nirsoft appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 10, 2019
  2. Tommy Win User

Type Cover 2 not working with WIndows 10 (Release)

So, after suggesting checking for firmware updates, it does appear there was a firmware release July 23, 2015 that resolves this issue. The step-by-step directions as well as the firmware release history for the Surface Pro 2 can be found here.

Tommy, Nov 10, 2019
  3. StefanM Win User
    Vulkan Hardware Capability Viewer 1.4 released

A new version of the Vulkan Hardware Capability Viewer is now available for all platforms (Windows, Linux, Android)...

New features
    • Added support for new features and properties provided via VK_KHR_GET_PHYSICAL_DEVICE_PROPERTIES_2
      • Currently supported:
        • VK_KHR_push_descriptor
        • VK_EXT_discard_rectangles
        • VK_KHX_multiview
        • VK_NVX_multiview_per_view_attributes
    • Reports can now be saved to disk via command line using the -s argument (without invoking the UI)
      • Example : vulkanCapsViewer -s my_device.json
    • Added pipeline cache UUID
    • Exported JSON is now compatible with vkjson_info from LunarG SDK
    • Added Android platform info
      • Device model and manufacturer
      • Build information
    • UI improvements
      • Updated layout and UI scaling
      • Support for high DPI scaling
      • Touch scrolling for mobile devices (Android)

StefanM, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Windows Updates History Viewer released by Nirsoft

Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows Updates History Viewer released by Nirsoft

1. Windows Updates History Viewer released by Nirsoft - Similar Threads - Updates History Viewer

2. Windows Update History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update History: My computer upgraded to Windows 11 and now I cannot see any Updates under the Update History. I need to uninstall a patch that is potentially causing connection issues. How do I see the past windows updates ,for example, the ones that happened in Aug 2023. Thank you...
  3. Windows Update History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update History: My computer upgraded to Windows 11 and now I cannot see any Updates under the Update History. I need to uninstall a patch that is potentially causing connection issues. How do I see the past windows updates ,for example, the ones that happened in Aug 2023. Thank you...
  4. Take a look at the Windows updates history with Windows Update Viewer

in Windows 10 News
    Take a look at the Windows updates history with Windows Update Viewer: Windows Update Viewer is an open source application to view the updates history of Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating systems. While there are several ways to view installed updates natively, e.g., by opening the Windows updates history in Settings > Windows Updates or by...
  5. Windows Update History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update History: Hello Microsoft Community! Can I delete the Windows Update History? I mean I just want to show successful updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-history/4574bac0-db10-4dd1-a6a3-1377b55cf7a0
  6. how to create an exception for Nirsoft Utilities in Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to create an exception for Nirsoft Utilities in Windows Security: I like to use NirSoft Utilities, including all of the programs run from Sofer's NirLauncher. Windows Security killed my ability to run Nirlauncher when I ran the first scan after using several utilities launched thereby. I don't want to have this problem every time I want to...
  7. Windows update not in history

Windows update not in history: On December 5th, I shutdown my PC and noticed a quick windows update. The next day I started my PC and sure enough it loaded the rest of the update. I went into the history and nothing is there, maybe malicious? Did anyone else have this to occur, Thanks....
  8. Update history under View Update history - Windows 10

Update history under View Update history - Windows 10: My update history shows blank in my PC with Windows 10 for sometime. Please let me know how to correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-history-under-view-update-history-windows/be4df636-eef3-4357-83c9-87c30ae1ecf9
  9. Windows update history

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update history: I just checked my update history and there were only 2 updates listed, both installed on 5/2. Isn't there supposed to be a complete list of updates? I know my list is always longer than this. Don't understand. 49410
  10. Several new NirSoft tools released.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several new NirSoft tools released.: Lots of new tools from NirSoft at NirSoft - freeware utilities: password recovery, system utilities, desktop utilities 107250