Windows 10: Windows Updates (in 2020) Disable Printers from printing (Brother Prin

Discus and support Windows Updates (in 2020) Disable Printers from printing (Brother Prin in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; KB4560960 - updated on 16/06/2020 (on Acer laptop) KB4557957 - updated on 09/06/2020 (on Asus laptop) Those two updates, for some unknown reason,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ardante9, Jul 8, 2020.

1. ardante9 Win User

Windows Updates (in 2020) Disable Printers from printing (Brother Prin

KB4560960 - updated on 16/06/2020 (on Acer laptop)
    KB4557957 - updated on 09/06/2020 (on Asus laptop)

Those two updates, for some unknown reason, stopped my printer printing. I updated all drivers I could through "Device Manager", I downloaded individual drivers for my "Brother MFC-235C" from third-party websites, I changed existing drivers, I did everything I know I could & nothing, nothing at all helped. Printer simply refused to print all sorts of documents or images, despite my pc saying that everything is working fine (false).

The only SOLUTION that helped me every time is this:

Type in search bar: View your Update history > Uninstall updates> (Uninstall latest "Update for Microsoft Windows" (should be some KB45******* as it the number may differ) > (reinstall your pc after uninstall process when asked) > try to print your documents (for me worked perfectly) - should make your printer work again.

1.1- If it still didn't work, then be sure to have all printer-drivers updated (through "Device Manager">Printers>(your printer name) - "right click" - Update driver.

1.1- If still didn't work, then you might have uninstalled wrong Windows Update that should have been responsible for your printer anomaly (remember was the first time you saw your printer stopped printing, then search a near windows update date & uninstall that KB update) .

1.3- If still has no result, then I don't know.

2.1- if everything worked fine, I highly recommend you to search in Google or YouTube "how to disable automatic Windows Updates" & disable those automatic updates since it tends to reinstall uninstalled updates that prevent printer from working good.

:)

ardante9, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jul 8, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

Windows Updates (in 2020) Disable Printers from printing (Brother Prin [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Windows Updates (in 2020) Disable Printers from printing (Brother Prin

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Updates (in 2020) Disable Printers from printing (Brother Prin

1. Windows Updates (in 2020) Disable Printers from printing (Brother Prin - Similar Threads - Updates 2020 Disable

2. Windows 10 update disables Brother DCP-195C printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update disables Brother DCP-195C printer: I allowed the Windows update at the end of June just before my business trip - for which I needed many hardcopy printouts - Zilch! I decided to e-mail the documents to a friend's MAC device and he kindly printed them out. I have just returned and the problem with the recent...
  3. windows update disables my Brother Printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows update disables my Brother Printer: windows update KB4560960 comes back after I uninstall. This update disables my MFC-290C Brother Printer. Need to stop this update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-disables-my-brother-printer/ce6bc2a0-d64b-442d-8ab9-734aa593be38
  4. Brother MFC-465CN printer is not printing since updates

Brother MFC-465CN printer is not printing since updates: Hopefully, someone will be able to help me. Ever since the 6/2020 Microsoft updates, I have not been able to print from my computer. I have Windows 10 version 1909. I can scan and copy just fine, but cannot print anything. My Brother printer MFC-465CN is not listed in the...
  5. Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.: Brother told me to delete 10 software updates KB 4560960 and KB 4557957 to get my printer to work again. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-no-longer-prints-but-it-will-scan/3e4ed02b-fba5-47c2-b84c-db91caffdf37
  6. Brother Printer will not print after June/2020 update

Brother Printer will not print after June/2020 update: My printer stopped working earlier this month June/2020, I thought it was my Brother printer MFC J220 going bad so I tried to uninstall it, but it was nowhere to be found under devices. I finally researched and accomplished it but found out it was not my printer, it was a...
  7. Brother printer not printing

Brother printer not printing: My Brother printer MFC5890CN has stopped printing following the latest windows 10 updates. The printer works perfectly from another windows 10 laptop but not from my Dell PC. I have tried rolling back the update and re-installing the brother drivers from the Brother site to...
  8. My brothers printer unable to print after windows update\.

My brothers printer unable to print after windows update\.: My brothers printer was working ok suddenly stop printing. I have uninstalled and re installed the Brothers program 2 or 3 times and also the drivers. still. nothing. I read that after a windows update it has happened to a few printers. Is there anything that I can do? I do...
  9. Brother MFC-490CW printer not printing from PC

Brother MFC-490CW printer not printing from PC: We were on the phone with Brother Customer Service for over 2 hours and did all their recommended processes including reinstall the printer and drivers but we still cannot print. I can function selections like copying from the face of the printer but when I send a document...
  10. Can't print to Brother networked printer

Can't print to Brother networked printer: Hi, I'm just wrapping up installation of a new computer, including a clean install of Windows 10. We have a networked Brother MFC-8480DN. I went to Brother's site, retrieved and installed the full driver and software package for this printer and 64-bit Win 10. There were...