Windows 10: Windows updates, installs update, restarts but gets a bad post and doesn’t power on.

Discus and support Windows updates, installs update, restarts but gets a bad post and doesn’t power on. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to fix this problem for 2 weeks with no luck, i can barely use my pc because my version is no longer supported, my check for updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YeetusDeletus2, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Windows updates, installs update, restarts but gets a bad post and doesn’t power on.

I have been trying to fix this problem for 2 weeks with no luck, i can barely use my pc because my version is no longer supported, my check for updates doesnt work, but wont fix itself, force updating does not work and had the same result, i can not do anything. HELP

:)

YeetusDeletus2, Mar 19, 2021
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. newtekie1 Win User
    Quick Tip: Easily Shutdown or Restart WITHOUT Installing Updates.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been in the situation of needing to shutdown a computer quickly, but there are updates waiting to install. Previous to Windows 8 you could at least restart without being forced to install the updates, and if you are quick you could hit the power button when the computer begins to POST and the computer will turn off. With Windows 8, now even restarting forces you to install the updates. You could use the cmd and Shutdown.exe to shutdown the machine, but I'm getting old and try to avoid the command prompt as much as possible.

Anyway, the easy way I've found to Shutdown or Restart without being forced to install the updates is to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and use the power button in the bottom right on the screen that comes up. For whatever reason, this power button is the only one I've found in Windows 7/8 that gives the option to Shutdown or Restart without installing the updates.

Thought I'd share.

newtekie1, Mar 19, 2021
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows updates, installs update, restarts but gets a bad post and doesn’t power on.

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows updates, installs update, restarts but gets a bad post and doesn’t power on.

1. Windows updates, installs update, restarts but gets a bad post and doesn’t power on. - Similar Threads - updates installs update

2. KB5034204 Windows Update - Post Install Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5034204 Windows Update - Post Install Issue: My Epson ET-2650 Printer is now printing blank pages since installing the KB5034204 Windows update. I have been unable to fix the issue so I am thinking of uninstalling the update to see if my printer will go back to "normal." Can this be achieved by simply using the...
  3. KB5034204 Windows Update - Post Install Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5034204 Windows Update - Post Install Issue: My Epson ET-2650 Printer is now printing blank pages since installing the KB5034204 Windows update. I have been unable to fix the issue so I am thinking of uninstalling the update to see if my printer will go back to "normal." Can this be achieved by simply using the...
  4. KB5034204 Windows Update - Post Install Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Update: Pending Restart Not Installing Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update: Pending Restart Not Installing Update: Windows Update shows "Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5028185". Restart Required.This update has been sitting there for several days. The Schedule Restart shows "today", but the update is still waiting to installed after several days. So...
  6. Windows Update: Pending Restart Not Installing Update

Windows Update: Pending Restart Not Installing Update: Windows Update shows "Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5028185". Restart Required.This update has been sitting there for several days. The Schedule Restart shows "today", but the update is still waiting to installed after several days. So...
  7. Installing update restart

Installing update restart: Hi, I accidentally clicked ‘restart now’ whilst another update was installing. The laptop restarted and said installing updates on a black screen and then loaded to my desktop. I checked the about page and it has the same OS feature pack version as my other device which had...
  8. Windows doesn’t update anymore.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows doesn’t update anymore.: I finally managed to install this education N edition using and old iso file. So it’s fresh and everything worked flawlessly until I started windows updates. It updated until it was 1703 and it’s now stuck there. It says my pc is up to date. Is it an OS problem because this...
  9. During update is says “restarting” but doesn’t restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    During update is says “restarting” but doesn’t restart: I was getting the new update and when i went to download it it seemed to go fine but then it went to the “restarting” process which normally takes a few seconds but it got stuck and i dont know if i should turn off my pc to fix it because i don’t want to get a blue screen or...
  10. Install update & restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install update & restart: Now I cannot connect to the internet at all. Connected to my router fine, full strength. Fails to load any pages. Why is Windows doing this to me? I’m a student, I don’t have time for this bullshit. submitted by /u/acrylicnipples [link] [comments]...