Windows 10: Windows Updates is breaking Printers

Discus and support Windows Updates is breaking Printers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had 4 printers including my own that have been broken by apparently a MS update. I can find no one to help with this situation. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KerryGish, Jan 9, 2020.

1. KerryGish Win User

Windows Updates is breaking Printers

I have had 4 printers including my own that have been broken by apparently a MS update.

I can find no one to help with this situation.

The printer is no longer recognized on the USB port - NOT any USB port. NO sound no indication or response at all.

I am trying to find a way to reset the USB ports so they see the printer. I f you reinstall the software it fails because it says - No Printer Found.

Any one have a fix for this?????????

I tried their Chat support and they should fire that bunch of people.

Kerry

:)

KerryGish, Jan 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Windows Updates is breaking Printers

Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows Updates is breaking Printers

1. Windows Updates is breaking Printers - Similar Threads - Updates breaking Printers

2. Windows 10 security update KB5006670 breaks network printer connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 security update KB5006670 breaks network printer connection: Our office computers all updated with security patch KB5006670 yesterday and immediately, everyone lost their network printer. The computers can no longer find it. I contacted my IT guy not in house and he said he was busy all morning uninstalling the update from all his...
  3. Windows 10 security update KB5006670 breaks network printer connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 security update KB5006670 breaks network printer connection: Our office computers all updated with security patch KB5006670 yesterday and immediately, everyone lost their network printer. The computers can no longer find it. I contacted my IT guy not in house and he said he was busy all morning uninstalling the update from all his...
  4. Windows 10 security update KB5006670 breaks network printer connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 KB5003637 update could break your taskbar, printer

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5003637 update could break your taskbar, printer: Windows 10 has a new bug which has been introduced thanks to its monthly security patch “KB5003637”. The problem is that the update is messing up with the icons on the taskbar and desktop. This issue was first reported last month when users installed the optional and it seems...
  6. Disastrous Windows 10 update breaks File Explorer, printer, network

in Windows 10 News
    Disastrous Windows 10 update breaks File Explorer, printer, network: Microsoft has again managed to release a serious of problematic updates for Windows 10 that have caused serious problems for some users. The bugs in Windows 10’s October Patch include Blue Screen of Death, broken File Explorer, printer disconnection bug, and network issues....
  7. W10 1809 April Update breaks Printer (KB4549949)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 1809 April Update breaks Printer (KB4549949): After installing the April update I'm unable to print, it immediately throws an error. Tried removing and adding the printer, as well as different driver versions, but same problem. Only thing that worked was uninstalling KB4549949. Anyone else have the same problem or maybe...
  8. Windows 10 update fixes Bluetooth, but breaks Printer for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update fixes Bluetooth, but breaks Printer for some users: Microsoft has had a bad run with Windows 10 version 1903 in the past two months. The recent security and non-security updates broke down a number of basic features, including network adapters, Windows Search and even caused high CPU usage on some configurations. Windows 10...
  9. Windows Update KB4022725 breaks hp network printer driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update KB4022725 breaks hp network printer driver: Anyone having same problem following this update? I have been using hp officejet pro 8610 for many months without a hitch. I noticed the printer driver was no longer working once Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems KB4022725 had installed. The...
  10. Auto Updates 'Breaking' HP Network Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto Updates 'Breaking' HP Network Printer Driver: Auto Updates have 'broken' my HP Network AIO Printer's driver. Repeatedly. On all four networked PCs/Laptops in my household. Requires uninstallation then re-installation of printer driver to regain network printer access/functionality. I and my family are just so...